Main Menu

Signs - signs - everywhere signs

Started by tokensafari, January 16, 2005, 02:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokensafari

This was no ordinary Saturday!! This was the day another Ames Receiving Sign would be saved, and another Ames store (former Hills location) would be documented.  I've been trying to get to this location for quite awhile now, but today was the day, i had some time to take a few pics, and get the sign to add to my collection. i have a total of 3 now! By the end of this month, i hope to have four.. and i do mean hope. Sadly, three locations, the signs were removed already, so i hope the one in Hurricane still has its sign. So anywho.. here's a pic of the sign i got for my collection. *EDIT* Dang... 640 x 480 is huge!

C. Fontaine

Oh man, your catching up to me!  But do you have an old red vintage receiving sign?  ;)

tokensafari

haha.. no! It is a goal of mine to get one, though. Oddly enough, i had a dream about a blue one. Even though, they don't exist.

beachgal26

Have either of you been to any additional stores and been able to get any more pictures and signs?

C. Fontaine

I grabbed four more receiving signs about a month or two ago, I am working on getting the pictures and whatnot up!:)

amesman

Chris, I can't believe you got the one right here in Kingston. I've been meaning to get it, but I never had the time or the tools. Darn you :P hehe

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Chris, I can't believe you got the one right here in Kingston. I've been meaning to get it, but I never had the time or the tools. Darn you :P hehe
Lol, sorry!  I got the one in hudson behind Peebles too!  That car wash over there looks like it may have been part of Ames, or the store before it, at one point!

amesman

no, the car wash was never part of the Ames. However, the vacant auto place built into the Ames was originally the King's Auto Center, because that Ames was a former Kings. Can I have the Kingston one? As a comission for my servitude to the site? hehe :P

XISMZERO

There's not as much reward or value about it unless you've acquired your very own receiving sign.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

no, the car wash was never part of the Ames. However, the vacant auto place built into the Ames was originally the King's Auto Center, because that Ames was a former Kings. Can I have the Kingston one? As a comission for my servitude to the site? hehe :P
Sure, I was going to u2u you and ask if you wanted it!

amesman

Seriously? Wow. Great minds think alike..hehe

If you actually do want to give it to me, just U2U me and I'll give you my address.

beachgal26

I wanted to ask if you would be posting pictures of all the recent signs that you have come across.  Even though I am far away, I can still appreciate all the stuff that you've been able to find and add to your collection...

;) :o :)

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
I wanted to ask if you would be posting pictures of all the recent signs that you have come across.  Even though I am far away, I can still appreciate all the stuff that you've been able to find and add to your collection...

;) :o :)
Well, here was what we got.  Top to bottom - Kingston, Napanoch, Great Barrington, and Hudson.  Then we took the seat piece of a red cart found at the Hudson store.  We also found an A+ pin, and slough of A+ cards at the Napanoch store.

amesman

Man, I didn't realize the Kingston one got so beat up..hehe. The Great Barrington one looks in great condition. Did you just rip these off, or did you get permission from someone? Just curious. Kudos to getting all these.

beachgal26

That is so cool to think that you have a few more pieces of retail history.  Great job!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

C. Fontaine

Man, I didn't realize the Kingston one got so beat up..hehe. The Great Barrington one looks in great condition. Did you just rip these off, or did you get permission from someone? Just curious. Kudos to getting all these.
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
That is so cool to think that you have a few more pieces of retail history.  Great job!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Thanks guys, nah we just grabbed them, I don't think the landlords are going to miss them... hehehe.  Yeah, the Kingston one was halfway off, but it was in the wall with threaded nails or something so we had to rip it off...

amesman

Can I have the third one down please? :P j/k

Ameskid

I didn't see the one on the back of Hurricane when I visited it in 2004.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/