carousel center

Started by d_fife, January 14, 2006, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

I heard this mall opened october 15, 1990 and once had HIll's dpeartment store that became Ames and Hill's is now Sports authority that opened last fall. I heard they are trying to expand the mall and make it outdo the mall of america. I heard they have a carousel in the mall. the mall is in syracuse near downtown.

here is the regal cinema in the mall.

http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/carousel_center.asp

amesman

This mall opened in 1990, with Kaufmanns, Lord and Taylor, Bonwit Teller(the last store to open before the company closed), Lechmere, HomeImage by Lechmere, JCPenney, Steinbach, Hills, and The Bon Ton. Lechmere and HomeImage by Lechmere(which were right next to each other) are now Best Buy, and Bally Total Fitness. The old Stienbach is now Circuit City(DSW Shoes until recently. DSW moved to a different location) and Kaufmanns Furniture Galleries. The old Hills became Ames, and is now a Sports Authority. The old Bonwit Teller is now an H&M. A commons level, and underground parking garage are also part of the mall. And yes, there is a carousel inside(hence the name).

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
This mall opened in 1990, with Kaufmanns, Lord and Taylor, Bonwit Teller(the last store to open before the company closed), Lechmere, HomeImage by Lechmere, JCPenney, Steinbach, Hills, and The Bon Ton. Lechmere and HomeImage by Lechmere(which were right next to each other) are now Best Buy, and Bally Total Fitness. The old Stienbach is now Circuit City(DSW Shoes until recently. DSW moved to a different location) and Kaufmanns Furniture Galleries. The old Hills became Ames, and is now a Sports Authority. The old Bonwit Teller is now an H&M. A commons level, and underground parking garage are also part of the mall. And yes, there is a carousel inside(hence the name).

there is COMPUSA, kauffman's furniture galleries, borders books, h&m pttery barn, old navy, joann fabrics and is 1.6 million square feet

there used to be warner brothers studio stores here.

amesman

yep, CompUSA is on the commons level..and Borders takes up what was an old hallway for the mall, next to Lord and Taylor. Also, Jo Ann Fabrics will be closing the Carousel Center location soon.

d_fife

here is the carousel center mall. I wonder if they will pull off expanding it?
from http://www.appleroofing.com/aboutus/CarouselMall.htm

amesman

Hopefully they will. Syracuse is too small of a city to handle that kind of project. Plus, it will cost the area millions of dollars in revenue, and construction would take awhile as well, due to the long harsh winters. They've been talking about this project for the past 6 years. It still hasn't happened..

d_fife

Hopefully they will. Syracuse is too small of a city to handle that kind of project. Plus, it will cost the area millions of dollars in revenue, and construction would take awhile as well, due to the long harsh winters. They've been talking about this project for the past 6 years. It still hasn't happened..

syracuse has 145,000 people, it had 170,000 people in 1986.

What kind of stores would be there if expanded. it said hotels added. it would cost millions. 6 yeras talking about it, the chances of it going through is 50 50 and one thing said the expansion is not guarenteed.

amesman

powersbt

Well not so much the Harsh Winters putting off the Construction as the problems that Syracuse City Hall has been causing them, as well as a genuine plan to clean up and revitalize Onondaga Lake. When and if they get the Go-Ahead with the project, it will be completed in a shorter amount of time than time that has surpassed already.

d_fife

I heard this mall had a warner brothers store.

amesman

It did a long time ago. It's closed now along with all the others in upstate NY.

d_fife

It did a long time ago. It's closed now along with all the others in upstate NY.

all of them closed and I miss that store., I  heard hill's was in this mall.

I hear this mall hurt the smaller malls in the area when it opened in october 1990.