The Home Depot

Started by ameskmart1, January 09, 2006, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwefan101

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/websterma101/stores/?action=view¤t=homedepto.jpg" target="_blank">http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/websterma101/stores/homedepto.jpg" border="0" alt="home depot">  99 sutton ave oxford ma

videogamer75

The Home Depot in Freehold, NJ looks it was once a Home Quarters (HQ) store.

Here's the Home Depot in Berlin, NJ:

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
The Home Depot in Freehold, NJ looks it was once a Home Quarters (HQ) store.

Here's the Home Depot in Berlin, NJ:

The one in Freehold was a Builders Square that opened in 1990. Hechinger acquired HQ in 1987, and Builders Square in 1997.

Marc82

You can see the sign of the Southington Home Depot behind the condos. We call this the Queen Street Home Depot even tho it's on a side street called Interstate Park Drive. The condos were built long after the store.

Mervyns

How come even though Home Depot stopped building new stores with the "State's Home Improvement Warehouse" signs in the early 90's, a batch of new stores in the early 2000s had them? Just recently, I saw those signs were gone from my local HD, which appears to be an older one.

C. Fontaine

The Home Depot in Westfield was a former Caldor.  I'm assuming after Caldor closed, the OSJL across the street in a former Ames took their aisle signs.

*** This OSJL only has 6 lanes, look at the numbers!:insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
The Home Depot in Westfield was a former Caldor.  I'm assuming after Caldor closed, the OSJL across the street in a former Ames took their aisle signs.

*** This OSJL only has 5 lanes, look at the numbers!:insane:

thoughs aisle signs look liked the ones i use to see at bradlees the ones at caldor were red and longer
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

TheRetroNickFan

Those checkout lane lights are definitely from Bradlees, I remember seeing them there.

nims57

Does anyone remember the fire at the Quincy, MA Home Depot in 1995?

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
This is what happened at The Home Depot in Quincy in 1995!!!

right here nim57

standa

Home Depot with a mall entrance. in Toronto, ON.

Image from foursquare.com

Stork of The Weak

Could the current Home Depot in Freehold be both a former Jamesway and a former Builders Square? I seem to remember seeing pictures on SiteRide years ago of the store as both of these at different times, but maybe Jamesway and Builders Square were both in Freehold somewhere and had the same generic architecture?

JoshAustin610

The Jamesway in Freehold was further south on Rt. 9 where Burlington Coat Factory is now.

Stork of The Weak

Thanks. But it wouldn't have been too surprising had the Jamesway been a Builders Square for some time, considering the former Woolco/Jamesway in Bensalem was a Price Club before The Home Depot.