Main Menu

Marden's

Started by d_fife, January 09, 2006, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Sign in Waterville, former Wal-Mart obviously;)

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife Here is the 1st marden's in calais maine and it opened yeras ago and was a rich's. inside had the old rich's checkouts and wallpaper, i did not take pictures inside for fear I will get in trouble with store personell or someone will report it to store personel.

Here's a picture inside Marden's in Ellsworth.  Notice the old Ames register numbers with A+ service.

jmcnamara96

see the lady with the red ames cart

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
see the lady with the red ames cart

That's actually probably a Bradlees cart.

jmcnamara96

the lady in the dark blue shirt look at the cart it says a

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
the lady in the dark blue shirt look at the cart it says a

You're right, it does...it took a fair bit of eyestrain to see it, though! :P

The Marden's a half-hour away from there in Brewer uses pretty much all red Bradlees carts (even though the northernmost Bradlees store was more than an hour away in Topsham), so I assumed that the Ellsworth store did as well...I do pop in there occasionally (Ellsworth) as I work down there, but I rarely, if ever, use a cart.

A bit surprised, though...weren't the red Ames carts phased out in favor of the green ones?  

I may have to stop in there next time I am in Ellsworth... :D

palooza68

Zayre88

Marden's recently opened their largest store in a former Walmart in Scarborough.  For the first time, a town forced them to do several building improvements, especially on the storefront. 

Usually they would just come up in an existing store with a fresh coat of paint and fill the shelves.  This time, they had to renovate the Walmart store.