Main Menu

Sears

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

Sears Logo witch looks like the logo they use on the T V show Cheers:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Sears Logo witch looks like the logo they use on the T V show Cheers:insane:

WOW WHAT YEAR IS THAT FROM?:huh:

THAT LOOKS SO COOL!:cool::bigsmile:

my gues is from when the chain first started in 1886
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

here's a pretty old sears in michigan

Jag67

here's one at the fairlane shopping center

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

shakethis1234

on searsmedia.com click on sears essentials and it talkes about the store and said that 400 kmarts will become Sears essentials in 2007

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
And here is my Sears :yup:

Here's my Sears back in 2001 with a red logo ...!!:)

Zayre88

The store opened in 1992, the logo was red back then.

Here's a timeline of the Sears logo.  Note the two logos in the middle, the difference is in the white lines that runs in the center of each blue letter...!  

Hard to see but its there and the new "S" really looks better!

Caldor1999

i hate there new slgen though Good Life Great Prices ????   whats that sopost to mean if i dont have a good life i cant get the great prices ????seems kida silly to me i miss come see the softer side of Sears
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
i hate there new slgen though Good Life Great Prices ????   whats that sopost to mean if i dont have a good life i cant get the great prices ????seems kida silly to me i miss come see the softer side of Sears

It used to be:  "The good life, at a great price, garanteed!"

This means you may get a great price and good life, but now it's not garanteed...

Caldor1999

hears the Sears in teh Danbury Mall in CT this store on the out side looks ugley unlike JC Penny Macys Filene's and Lord & taylor witch has a nice look to it
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Hey, I never noticed the logo change!! I believe Sears started using the font they use now in 1986. Our local Searses were built in 1971 (Eastern hills) 1989 (Walden Galleria) and 2000 (Boulevard Mall)

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Hey, I never noticed the logo change!! I believe Sears started using the font they use now in 1986. Our local Searses were built in 1971 (Eastern hills) 1989 (Walden Galleria) and 2000 (Boulevard Mall)

Don't forget McKinley Jag...that one opened in 1985 with the newer Sears logo.  Eastern Hills had the 70's logo until not too long ago (7-8 years maybe).

Jag67

Ya I do vaguely remember the old Sears logo on the Eastern Hills store. Too bad I couldnt READ then lol..

amesman

Didn't Seneca Mall have a Sears as well? Or is that Penney's I'm thinking of?

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Didn't Seneca Mall have a Sears as well? Or is that Penney's I'm thinking of?

No, there was never a Sears at Seneca.  There was a Sears for many years down the street from the Seneca Mall at the Southgate Plaza.  It closed when Sears opened at McKinley Mall in 1985.  Since then, the building has been an Ames, and now an AJ Wright.  THe upper level is doctors offices or something.

Seneca Mall was anchored on the northern end by a large, old-school, 1960's JCPenney (complete with the "Penney's" logo).  The center court of the mall had a Sattler's, and the southern end nearest to Ridge Road was a Hengerer's.

Penney's closed in 1989 with the opening of Walden Galleria. Sattler's closed in 1982 when the chain went out of business.  Hengerer's became Sibley's in 1981; Sibley's closed in early 1989 once the Walden Galleria and McKinley stores opened up.  None of the three anchors ever were used again once their occupants closed.  They were all demolished in 1994 as part of the "Shops at West Seneca" re-development plan.

Jag67

So the Sattler's was closed for 11 years????

jmn3

So the Sattler's was closed for 11 years????

Sure...11 or 12...I don't know the exact dates of when that store closed down for good.  I know that the flagship location at 998 Broadway was the last store to close and closed on Christmas Eve in 1982.  I was only two at the time, but I've heard and read that info many times.  

There were many plans to reoccupy the Sattler's building.  At one time there was talk to use the second level as part of the mall and include upscale boutiques that weren't found locally anywhere else and use the lower level as either a food court or another wing of the mall.  None of this occured.  

The Seneca Mall of course, was basically a dead mall by the end of 1989 with Galleria opening earlier that year.  I think the last true "mall stores" were Lerner's and Lane Bryant...these both closed around 1992-93.  There was some oddball furniture store there and a blood bank but that was about it.  Mostly it was used by mall walkers until '94 when Pyramid Cos. (who owned Galleria mall locally, as well as Crossgates in Albany and Carousel in Syracuse among others) knocked the mall down and planned to big a build "power center."  Since then, that HUGE power center has managed to land a Tops International Supermarket, and a Big K-mart.  The rest of the site sits fenced off with weeds growing where the mall once sat.

amesman

The only thing original on that property are some of the old parking lot lights and the outparcel bank, which one of my family's friends works at.

I remember seeing the sign for the mall in 1995 when I was 7 years old. I don't know if the mall was still standing at that point though..

jmn3

The only thing original on that property are some of the old parking lot lights and the outparcel bank, which one of my family's friends works at.

I remember seeing the sign for the mall in 1995 when I was 7 years old. I don't know if the mall was still standing at that point though..

The signs actually outlasted the mall itself.  They were finally replaced when Tops INternational opened up in 1997.

amesman

do you have a picture of the old signs? Did they have the anchor stores listed on them?

jmn3

do you have a picture of the old signs? Did they have the anchor stores listed on them?

No...sorry no pics here.  I do remember though that the mall signs were very basic and said "SENECA MALL" in capital letters, with the malls logo (some geometric shape) above the name.  Those signs were from about 1986 when the mall itself underwent a major renovation.  I was too young to remember exactly what they were like before that.  I don't think that the old version had the anchor names on them and I know the new version did not.  There was a separate sign for the movies however, old school General Cinema signage, just read "CINEMA."

There were two sets of signs, the first being on Slade Avenue at the south end of the mall nearest to the Thruway exit at Ridge Road and the other at the north end on Orchard Park Road.

Edit: On the mall signs, there was a space for the mall to put in a message with moveable lettering (i.e. "Mallwalk sale 6/3-6/9," or something to that effect).

Jag67

"air..CONDITIONING!!!" lol..

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB

BTW what happened to Roebuck?

If I'm not mistaken it used to be called "Sears and Roebuck CO."

Yeah and I remember not too long ago the commercials being some stupid jingle like "You can count on me, Sears, Roebuck and companyyyyy."

That had to be during the mid 90's.  Of course the signage and bags and everything else was just plain Sears, but I think the official corporate title was Sears, Roebuck & Co. until fairly recently.

Caldor1999

"air..CONDITIONING!!!" lol..

speeking of that ui went to a Sears at the JV Mall were i live it was 90 dreages out side and they had the heat on!!!!!!!!!
Caldor Forever!

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by jmn3

BTW what happened to Roebuck?

If I'm not mistaken it used to be called "Sears and Roebuck CO."

Yeah and I remember not too long ago the commercials being some stupid jingle like "You can count on me, Sears, Roebuck and companyyyyy."

That had to be during the mid 90's.  Of course the signage and bags and everything else was just plain Sears, but I think the official corporate title was Sears, Roebuck & Co. until fairly recently.

I have a sears bag that has the "You can count on me" on it and the previous sears logo (the one before the red underline) on it.

Jag67

Originally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteWhat do youy mean by that?

Thats what they used to say in the commercial lol...

BTW I JUST noticed today that they changed the Sears logo from caps to lowercase.

truviking05

All my local Sears store still have "Sears, Roebuck, and Co." in decals on their outside windows.

Caldor1999

REALLY REALLY COOOL SEARS LOGO around early 1990s I think WAIT A MINUTE THOSE S's!

ITS LATE 1990s-2004!

that logo i liek di think Sears should drop there clouthing line caus ethey nevre have anything good when it comes to that u go to Macys and such to get that kida stuff:yup:
Caldor Forever!

truviking05

IMO, Ty Pennington right now for Sears is just a famous spokesperson who is designing things for them. He has a line of products at Sears--of course he'll be the focus of a few commercials! So no, I really don't think they're focusing too much on him. In fact, the only thing at all the Sears stores around me that is "focused" on Ty are the 2 posters announcing his new line and the products themselves, which at my stores aren't even that emphasized.