Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Zayre88

The oldest large Sears mall store in Quebec, it opened in 1963 and was later expanded to the right.  It's a two-level store in a single level mall that once was anchored by Kmart too.

The 1963 picture comes from Sears Canada's website: http://www5.sears.ca/e/corporate_MAC/1963_1967.html

d_fife

this summer I went to the SEars in Aviation mall in Queensbury New york and saw that the logo was changed to the newer SEars logo. I went to that sears in Summe 2004 and it had the old Sears logo.

I wonder if they will have that logo on all of them.

Caldor1999

i have a feeling that Sears will end up like montgomery ward did
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

shakethis1234

I have the same feeling too they dont sell computers and car speakers amps like they use too. they should never merge with kmart. you cant get service

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234
I have the same feeling too they dont sell computers and car speakers amps like they use too. they should never merge with kmart. you cant get service

well sears always had bad service just like kmart they have alot in commemn in a way well the only diffrence is that sears never filed for bankrupcie
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

Heres an old Sears. This pic was taken in the 70's in Rhode Island Mall in Warwick, RI. I believe it is still in business today. (P.S. I like those old fashioned mall lamps! :yup: )

www.deadmalls.com

Crawford

Yes, that Sears in the Rhode Island (formerly Midland) Mall  is still in business and I believe is an original anchor store. I never had any problems with Sears. Buy a lot of my tools there as well as doing a good deal of clothes shopping since they always have a sale on Levis or Dockers.

What I do miss though are the original stand alone Sears stores that had toy departments, a cafeteria and a much greater selection. The one on North Main Street in Providence is where I went for my Cub Scout and Boy Scout uniforms and gear. I think to survive Sears shut these down and concentrated on the mall ones. I also think that was just about the time "Roebuck" was dropped from the name.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
Yes, that Sears in the Rhode Island (formerly Midland) Mall  is still in business and I believe is an original anchor store. I never had any problems with Sears. Buy a lot of my tools there as well as doing a good deal of clothes shopping since they always have a sale on Levis or Dockers.

What I do miss though are the original stand alone Sears stores that had toy departments, a cafeteria and a much greater selection. The one on North Main Street in Providence is where I went for my Cub Scout and Boy Scout uniforms and gear. I think to survive Sears shut these down and concentrated on the mall ones. I also think that was just about the time "Roebuck" was dropped from the name.

Yes the stand alone Sears. I knew one in Abington PA. It moved into Willow Grove Park Mall in 1985 along with the Strawbridges up the street that stood alone. The old Sears building became a three floor mini mall in 1985 and was turned into a Target in 2004.

storehistoryguy

Let's start discussing. They opened in 1983. I just bought a brand new Kitchen Aid dishwasher this week. Its great! I bought it at the one in Warrington Pa. This one below is the Norristown location which just moved there from Skippack Pa. last year. Its in a former Hechingers.

http://www.hillesarchitects.com/

Caldor1999

i think Sears should just stick to this compact this is teh only stuff there good at selling
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Get a load at that Sears logo on that building in Des Moines, Iowa in the 1960's! Classic!

http://mallsofamerica.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_mallsofamerica_archive.html

storehistoryguy

Heres another Sears like that from the 60's! I can truthfully say if I've ever seen one like that I don't remember it.

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

My local Sears store during renovations in 2003.  The Auto Center closed in 2001 and the space is now the hardware department.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Get a load at that Sears logo on that building in Des Moines, Iowa in the 1960's! Classic!

thatsa cool Sears logo to bad they losted there way as a dept store
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

anoutehr fat aabout Sears is that they uise to sell houses at onetime back in the 40's and 50's
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Orchard Mall, Benton Harbor, Mi., still got the old logo.  

http://www.duro-last.com/contractors/gallery.asp

now thats what a sears should look like :bounce:

That looks nice but I like Sears with more then one floor unless this one has a basement. That Auto Center looks like an addition. What do you think?

Caldor1999

the auto center dosent look like it waqs added on latter cause it has teh same style as teh bulding ti self i love that old 70's sears logo lol:P
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

Sears Grand slideshow.
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

A Sears Essentials store

Caldor1999

after seening how they look i hope they dont stay around any longer i really wish Sears Was how it use to be back in teh 70's 80's and 90's when they wer e good now a days Sears Sucks
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

storehistoryguy

Pheonix, Arizona, late 40's or early 50's.

http://www.acmeron.com/puhs/sears.jpg

d_fife

this sears is in Massapequa new york in the sunrise mall.

from company listings of www.siteride.com

d_fife

this sears is in Freehold new jersey in the Freehold Raceway Mall the store is about 144,900 square feet.

from company listings of www.siteride.com