Supermarket bashing

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2005, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

:mad::flaming::mad::flaming::mad::flaming::bounce::bouncing::bounce::insane::roll::tumble::dizzy::):bum::exorcist::barf::boring::bigsmile::no::yup:

amesman

:info: take it easy on the smilies dude...heh

The only thing I don't like about A&P, is that they have a store in Margaretville, New York, and it is very old and outdated...

Zayre88

I hate Stop & Shop because they once operated Bradlees and now Bradlees is out of business while the supermarkets are still in business and thriving:mad:

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I hate Stop & Shop because they once operated Bradlees and now Bradlees is out of business while the supermarkets are still in business and thriving:mad:

Did Ahold (#4 or #5 grocery company that owns them now) own Stop & Shop back in the day during the Bradlees years or did they pick up Stop & Shop Later?

Anonymous

i hate Hannaford cause there moving into MY AMES AND TEARING IT DOWN CAUSE THEY WANTED SMALLER SPACE IF THEY WANTED SMALLER SPACE  THEY SHOULD HAVE MOVED INTO THE VACANT GRAND UNION THATS THERE:flaming::mad::flaming::mad:

Caldor1999

Actuly Its Bradlees fult for spining of as there own company they shold have stayed with stop&shop or at least stay with them untill they became a larger chain then they were i mean 105 stores is not a lot when your GOB befor that they 126 stores but Caldor Ames and Jamesway had more in 1995 Caldor had 177 stores by 1999 they had 145 Jamesway Had 135 stores in 1990 by 1995 they had 95 stores Ames keped on going up and down with there store count in 1988 they had 335 stores by early 1990 after auqrring Zayre they had 632 stores in 1995 they were back down to 320 and in 1999 they had 450 stores and when they closed in 2002 they had 327 stores so in a way even Bradlees coundent compeat with that only after 3 years being there own company they filed for ch 11 in jun 1995 so they should have stayed with Stop&Shop and Stop&Shop should hjave done something About it to
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Chris

When my Shaws opened in 1996, they had the Food Court and Dry Cleaners, etc with their own donuts and things like that. Well, it didn't take long for them to close those services up and become even more bad of a store. When we used to food shop there a year ago, when you'd go to the deli, the salads were disguisting, rotting away, the little coffee machine had cold coffee, and Krispy Kreme brought donuts to the store for 75 cents each. You can get store made ones at the small A&P Super Foodmart in the center of town for 69 cents. Krispy Kremes are small in comparison. That's why we refuse to shop there and we now travel to Southington Price Chopper until the Newington one opens for shopping. Stop & Shop is too expensive. The only store besides Price Chopper would be Super Foodmart. Even though they are small, they sell high quality food.

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

I don't like Price Chopper

NO NO NO NOT THE COMPANY ITSELF

I'm talking about the image they're conveying

Recently they've been advertising GO CAN CRAZY sale

basically they have a bunch of kids singing "GO CAN CRAZY!" in a terrible rendition of the classic song " I want candy" in voiceover (it doesn't show them actually singing) and a cheesey kids voice as the announcer of the sale meanwhile it shows overly happy kids banging on brand name cans like instruments and two other kids in front stomping on oversized cans that are tied to their feet in a bad rendition of famous street music group "STOMP".

What I don't like about this cheesey commercial is that its clearly showing that their aiming to have their GO CAN CRAZY outsale SHOP RITE's CAN CAN SALE and possibly put Shop Rite out of business!:no:

I LIKE SHOP RITE AND THEIR CAN CAN SALE!:D

I hope Price Chopper fails at their copy cat game and DOESN'T kill off Shop Rite!

Shop Rites Ads are as rememberable as Ames Ads

even though they have a funny logo now:insane::bouncing:

store215

Here's shopRite's Can-Can Commercial (this one from a few years ago) that they show EVERY YEAR!!!:mad:
http://www.bandelier.com/pgs/mv_shoprite.htm

Caldor1999

Grand Union wasent all that great to they were pricy
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76fanAmesmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB

basically they have a bunch of kids singing "GO CAN CRAZY!" in a terrible rendition of the classic song " I want candy" in voiceover (it doesn't show them actually singing) and a cheesey kids voice as the announcer of the sale meanwhile it shows overly happy kids banging on brand name cans like instruments and two other kids in front stomping on oversized cans that are tied to their feet in a bad rendition of famous street music group "STOMP".

What I don't like about this cheesey commercial is that its clearly showing that their aiming to have their GO CAN CRAZY outsale SHOP RITE's CAN CAN SALE and possibly put Shop Rite out of business!:no:

I hope Price Chopper fails at their copy cat game and DOESN'T kill off Shop Rite!

THAT WAS ME BY THE WAY THEY FINALLY ENDED THE GO CAN CRAZY SALE :bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

GEISSLERS BAD LOOKING STORE

CHEAP COMMERCIALS

CALL THEMSELVES A " HOMETOWN STORE"

I'm judging by ads

I BET THEY'RE very local so they won't succed much

AT LEAST THEY GOT RID OF THE "TALKING SHOPPING CART AD!"

LLLLLOOOOOLLLLL!:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

SHOP RITES NEW LOGO SUCKS AND IS A RIOT!:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Stop & Shop

for being familiar BUT VERY BORING INSIDE

SET UP IS AISLES AND LOTS OF THE COLOR WHITE

yawn:boring:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

AmesmanBBTB

OH NO THEY'VE STARTED THE GO CAN CRAZY SALE AGAIN AT PRICE CHOPPER ARRRGGHHH!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU CHANGE YOUR COMMERCIALS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SEESH PRICE CHOPPER IS NOT A KIDS STORE!!!!!!!

I CAN'T GET THAT SONG OUTA MY HEAD HMMMMM THINK SOME THING DIFFERENT MARK (thats my name BTW) OH CALDOR!!!!!!!!

THATS WHAT I'LL THINK ABOUT

Caldor1999

Shop rite i like along with a&p but they dont have bores head colcuts only Stop & Shop has that so im stuck going there hears whht my stop & shop looks like it was once a tiny Grand Union the logos also tilted :insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

mean whuikle hears a Grand Union Sloen
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

so yea there ya go look at how small my stop & shop is i still call it Grand Union cause itstill look like it
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

I used to like Shop Rite back in the 70's, but now they have gotten very bad.

Caldor1999

if anything i dont like stop & shop
Caldor Forever!

Crawford

Stop & Shop and Shaw's are pretty much the dominant markets around here in RI. There are some smaller ones like Ro-Jacks, Seabra and Price Rite but I doubt they will last. What I really despise is I have to go to both markets to complete my shopping and often neither store has what I want, necessitating multiple trips. Goddess I wish Star Market and Almacs were still here
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

storehistoryguy

Wegman's better hope I like them or they're going on this list. They're building one near me.

Anonymous

I hate Giant Eagle.  They have a monopoly in northeast Ohio.  Long lines, waiting forever to checkout and indifferent service personnel are the norm.  When I moved to Columbus, I started shopping Kroger and haven't looked back.

The bird has expanded to central Ohio.  The Giant Eagle here is a totally different Eagle than NE Ohio.  On the occasions I stopped, the service was friendly, and checkout was quick.  The key... competition.  I would bet the bird in NE Ohio would change its tune if Kroger came back.

golfcart34

I'm not much of a fan of Food Lion (a.k.a Food Liar).  My boyfriend and I went in there for some soda one time, since they are the closest grocery store to where we live, not to mention they were having an advertised sale on Pepsi products.  Well, we got in there and they had this huge display with various Pepsi products (i.e. Pepsi in it's various forms, Mountian Dew, etc.) and the advertised sale listed right on the display.  Well, we got to the registers and they told us that Mountain Dew isn't a Pepsi product.  Last I checked it was and if it wasn't then they shouldn't have been displaying Mountain Dew with the Pepsi products.

The people in that Food Lion are always rude anyway so it's no loss that we don't shop there anymore.

powersbt

Wow, that's messed up. That's pretty much like trying to buy Coke using the advertisement to them. Not a good way to lose customers.

QuoteOriginally posted by golfcart34
I'm not much of a fan of Food Lion (a.k.a Food Liar).  My boyfriend and I went in there for some soda one time, since they are the closest grocery store to where we live, not to mention they were having an advertised sale on Pepsi products.  Well, we got in there and they had this huge display with various Pepsi products (i.e. Pepsi in it's various forms, Mountian Dew, etc.) and the advertised sale listed right on the display.  Well, we got to the registers and they told us that Mountain Dew isn't a Pepsi product.  Last I checked it was and if it wasn't then they shouldn't have been displaying Mountain Dew with the Pepsi products.

The people in that Food Lion are always rude anyway so it's no loss that we don't shop there anymore.

U-save

They are High as you know what.

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
When my Shaws opened in 1996, they had the Food Court and Dry Cleaners, etc with their own donuts and things like that. Well, it didn't take long for them to close those services up and become even more bad of a store. When we used to food shop there a year ago, when you'd go to the deli, the salads were disguisting, rotting away, the little coffee machine had cold coffee, and Krispy Kreme brought donuts to the store for 75 cents each. You can get store made ones at the small A&P Super Foodmart in the center of town for 69 cents. Krispy Kremes are small in comparison. That's why we refuse to shop there and we now travel to Southington Price Chopper until the Newington one opens for shopping. Stop & Shop is too expensive. The only store besides Price Chopper would be Super Foodmart. Even though they are small, they sell high quality food.

You had those Pricey Krispy Kremes too. I feel sorry for you.
Let me Explain, I live around Trenton (NJ/Suburban Phila area) and I shop at Acme (which like Shaws is owned by  SuperValu/Albertson's) and They sold KKD's for 75 cents too.
I must say thank GOD for Supervalu. When they took over Acme, they stopped selling KKD's and went back to selling their own for 45 cents (and theyre big and good too!) then again the local KKD distributor went belly-up

U-save

AmesmanBBTB

Never been in a Price Chopper, but  for what I know they seem pretty good, good prices they remind me of a cross between Wegmans and Giant-Carlisle (Ahold-PA)

Long Live SHOP RITE! Shop Rite wil NEVER be out-CANNED! BTW after I get off the computer I'm going there to get some stuff for the house.

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
I used to like Shop Rite back in the 70's, but now they have gotten very bad.

You must go wayyyyy back, Actually I think they've gotten MUCH better with time. All of the ones I shop at are HUGE and NICE!  But, since they are independents (a cooperative) No 2 shoprites are alike.

BTW,storehistoryguy
what's your favorite store now?

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
mean whuikle hears a Grand Union Sloen

I miss the  OLD (real) Grand Union, before it got chewed and spit up by C&S a great wholesaler but a BAD retaliler