Supermarket bashing

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2005, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by golfcart34
I'm not much of a fan of Food Lion (a.k.a Food Liar).  My boyfriend and I went in there for some soda one time, since they are the closest grocery store to where we live, not to mention they were having an advertised sale on Pepsi products.  Well, we got in there and they had this huge display with various Pepsi products (i.e. Pepsi in it's various forms, Mountian Dew, etc.) and the advertised sale listed right on the display.  Well, we got to the registers and they told us that Mountain Dew isn't a Pepsi product.  Last I checked it was and if it wasn't then they shouldn't have been displaying Mountain Dew with the Pepsi products.

The people in that Food Lion are always rude anyway so it's no loss that we don't shop there anymore.

Good for You, I always have had bad thoughts about that chain (going back to when ABC did that story on expired food they sold in the stores) The Bloom stores seem nice, but
I would'nt shop at them or  their "el cheapo" cousin Bottom Dollar.

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Grand Union wasent all that great to they were pricy

Come to think of it they were reeeeeal High, they make Stop/Shop look like Dollar Tree

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I hate Stop & Shop because they once operated Bradlees and now Bradlees is out of business while the supermarkets are still in business and thriving:mad:

Did Ahold (#4 or #5 grocery company that owns them now) own Stop & Shop back in the day during the Bradlees years or did they pick up Stop & Shop Later?
Ahold has owned Stop & Shop since the 1995.  Stop & Shop spun Bradlees off in 1992.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Caldor1999

well shop rite is the new super market i hate i  worked ther efor about 8 months and it was horrble it was fine when i started then they switched my dept in such a sneeky way i was filling in for someone in the bakery for a week then i went back to produce then i had to fill in for this guy again for a week then i was filling in for him evrey friday then all of a sudding im working there in that dept and they told me they dident need anymore people in the dept i was in yet they hired 2 people after i moved and they did not train me for the barkey dept so things never got done right so i tlaked to them about that and they told me were gonna ahve u come in early on weekends and tain you all they made me do was package things for 6 hours and nothing more so i got fed up with it and walked out untill they called me wondeirng were i was and i told them i quit and i never wanna come back and thats that
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory