A.J. Wright

Started by storehistoryguy, January 07, 2006, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Inside the former A.J.Wright in Portland ME.

Now a Big Lots, and they of course expanded the backstore leaving the original A.J.Wright signs on the wall.
]

jmcnamara96

Quote from: ameskmart1 on January 07, 2006, 05:31:22 PM
Former Ames

Were was this wasnt Chrises Dudley Mass store have this same look was it a Mars like his?

standa

Does anyone know where this AJ Wright is located?  It appears to be in a former Caldor.

Image from Charter Realty.

Amesdepartmentstores

Yes it is sad but true all aj wrights will close but approx 91 stores will be re branded as either tj maxx marshalls or homegoods the remaining will close. I know this because I work for aj wright mine is in a former zayre ames.

ynkeesfn82

New Britain, CT will become a Marshalls. Grand Opening 3/17/2011

Waterbury, CT will become TJ MAXX. Grand Opening 4/10/2011

Caldor1999

Quote from: standa on October 11, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
Does anyone know where this AJ Wright is located?  It appears to be in a former Caldor.

that one was located on long island in massapequa and yes it was a caldor before
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

jmcnamara96

Caldor1999 is that AJs still like that?

Quote from: Caldor1999 on February 25, 2011, 07:38:45 AM
Quote from: standa on October 11, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
Does anyone know where this AJ Wright is located?  It appears to be in a former Caldor.

that one was located on long island in massapequa and yes it was a caldor before

Pikapower

There were two A.J. Wright stores that I could think of that are now CW Price stores. One in the University Plaza in Amherst, NY and the other one which was I think a Media Play before it became A.J. Wright on Delaware Ave. in Buffalo, NY.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

buzz86us

why does this count as a defunct chain? It was mainly a subset of TJ Maxx much like Marshalls  it was pretty much the same store. That said the one in Schenectady is done for.

ynkeesfn82

AJ Wright was a separate chain from TJ MAXX and Marshall's. The difference is the clothing they sold at AJ Wright targeted the hip-hop (or urban) community. And the one in Waterbury, CT had layaway right up til the end unlike TJ Maxx and Marshall's which did away with layaway. The former Waterbury AJ Wright (now TJ MAX) is going to be vacant soon as TJ MAXX is moving to Brass Mill Commons.

TheFugitive

There was an AJ Wright in the Crafton-Ingram shopping center near Pittsburgh.
They became a CW Price a couple of years ago.  Drove by the other day and a
G.O.B. sale appeared to be in progress.

Hudsons81

There used to be an AJ Wright in a three-store shopping center carved out of an old Forest City home improvement store in Southgate, Michigan. It closed with the chain and became a CW Price a few months later.