Child World/Children's Palace

Started by Crawford, January 02, 2006, 03:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gu4ever

I came home to discover a Child World shopping cart in my building!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

jmcnamara96

WHAT! how did u find it in a building do carts show up and never leave?

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
WHAT! how did u find it in a building do carts show up and never leave?
I saw this cart 2 years ago when I moved to this property. I live in a 7 story low-rise building in Manchester.
There are 2 elevators and a lot of seniors that live here too. Shopping carts come and go from supermarkets and other retailers too.
There is a carriage corral off the carport near the maintenance office for the collection of them. I was pretty excited when the child world cart made an appearance again!! :bigsmile:

gu4ever

Former Child World in Danvers, MA.

Caldor1999

here are some much needed pictures of both of these stores i found them on a facebook group idk who to really credit taking them but they were added on there by someone named John Carter

so enjoy all i have
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

d_fife

where are all these Child World's?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
where are all these Child World's?

i have no idea i found these on fb  groups no location was giving
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

I was helping a teacher move stuff in her room and saw a CFhild World price tag i asked for it but she said she didnt want to ruin the box and a Richs Toys sticker i might get she said she bought that toy in September of 1974 now thats amazing but she also said shes been teaching there for 30= years so who knows what other goodies are hidden :)

DJ !mpact

Quote from: Crawford on January 02, 2006, 03:39:12 PM
Locations I know

East Providence RI--relocated to Seekonk Mass in 1984-85. Building was vacant for about a decade then Pep Boys moved in and heavily altered the inside and out.

Seekonk Mass--located at the end of the Seekonk Square shopping plaza. Closed in 1991-92 and was replaced by a HomeLife store. Facade was changed from castle look to a plain white front

Cranston RI--left the Garden City plaza, moved up Route 2 next door to Zayre(now a Building 19) closed in 1992 and was replaced by Syms. The castle turrets are still visible

Woonsocket RI--had the globe logo and the plain brick front. Closed in 1992 and was vacant until being demolished for a Lowe's.

North Dartmouth Mass--I know there was one in the North Dartmouth Mall that closed in the late 80's. I do not know what replaced it.

I also believe the headquarters was in Avon Mass.

Hello to everyone here at the forum...first-time poster.  :)

I can firmly say there was a location also in Brockton, MA at the Westgate Mall.  It was an anchor store, along with Bradlees and Jordan Marsh prior to closing.  Now, the mall has closed-off that anchor store lot and the end of this wing contains the mall security and Marshalls (in a relocated position from where it was).

Lastdaysofrain

80stees.com is selling pretty cool Children's Palace shirts for 13.99
http://www.80stees.com/products/Childrens-Palace-Shirt.asp

(I kind of wish they said Child World instead since that was the name I grew up with here in the Boston area, but it's cool none the less)

NeverBeenToAnAmes

dk50b

Quote from: Caldor1999 on January 02, 2006, 03:59:24 PM
this store wetn out in 1994 i believe there was one in yonkers that clsoed around that time

Actually it was in Scarsdale, on Central Park Ave. just North of Ardsley Rd.  Next to Scarsdale Ford, in the strip mall that still has Pizza & Brew.  One of my favorite toy stores as kid, I think it closed well before the '90's.

Pikapower

Did the Buffalo area had Child World or Children's Palace store?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Hudsons81

Children's Palace was one of the two original anchors of the Southtowne Crossing Shopping Center in Southgate, Michigan when it opened in 1986 (the other was Builder's Square). It closed with the chain in 1992 and was a Best Buy from 1993 to 2006, when it moved to the former food court at Southland Center a few miles away. The entire shopping center has been demolished for a Walmart.

Pikapower

Did Child World/Children's Palace filed for bankruptcy then went out of business because of Toys "R" Us? 

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Hudsons81

Quote from: Pikapower on May 18, 2015, 05:49:29 PM
Did Child World/Children's Palace filed for bankruptcy then went out of business because of Toys "R" Us? 
Dunno.

Pikapower

Quote from: Hudsons81 on May 18, 2015, 07:41:07 PM
Quote from: Pikapower on May 18, 2015, 05:49:29 PM
Dunno.

I blame Toys "R" Us for the demise of Child World/Children's Palace.

Brian the Helenman

There was a Child World on John Fitch Highway in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, it's now a cinema called, get this, Cinema World. It seemed Cinema World's owners renovated the hell out of the interior, as there's not a single trace of a Child World left inside.

Ameskid

Found this former Children's Palace outside of Indianapolis.
Former Children's Palace, Indianapolis, IN by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

jason83080

The old Children's Palace in Sandusky, OH, was once an OfficeMax, then it was an interior design store, and is now a Planet Fitness. The rounded arches around the windows/entrance are now black gears for the PF insignia. It's actually a creative paintjob.

As the interior place, closed and prior to PF renovations:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/image/2014/08/02/x700_q30/F-Inqueue-SR-StoryArchive-Planet-Fitness-07302014c-jpg.jpg

As PF:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/image/2014/10/23/x700_q30/F-Inqueue-SR-StoryArchive-10222014-NEW-BIZ-Planet-Fitness-037-F-jpg.jpg

Brian the Helenman

Quote from: Ameskid on June 28, 2016, 11:58:23 AM
Found this former Children's Palace outside of Indianapolis.
Former Children's Palace, Indianapolis, IN by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

Looks like they went overboard with the reuse of the first round arch for the entrance to the garage!

Brian the Helenman

Let's just say most US states are ground zero for Child World/Children's Palace conversions.

The places that once housed Peter Panda have been turned into EVERYTHING, from former competitor Toys "R" Us to schools to auto repair shops to movie theaters.

Ameskid

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

Hoo-ray for Childrens' Palace!
It's the hap-hap-happy-happy store.....

(commercial jingle that's been stuck in my head for close
to forty years now)

retailisking

This was the former Child World in the Pine Tree Shopping Center in Portland, ME. In later years the old castle decor was stripped away. When Mardens moved to the former Walmart in Scarborough it was subdivided between Dollar Tree and Chapter 11 Furniture.

mvcg66b3r

Quote from: jason83080 on July 15, 2016, 03:58:28 PM
The old Children's Palace in Sandusky, OH, was once an OfficeMax, then it was an interior design store, and is now a Planet Fitness. The rounded arches around the windows/entrance are now black gears for the PF insignia. It's actually a creative paintjob.

As the interior place, closed and prior to PF renovations:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/image/2014/08/02/x700_q30/F-Inqueue-SR-StoryArchive-Planet-Fitness-07302014c-jpg.jpg

As PF:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/image/2014/10/23/x700_q30/F-Inqueue-SR-StoryArchive-10222014-NEW-BIZ-Planet-Fitness-037-F-jpg.jpg

Bad Link

QuoteAccess to www.sanduskyregister.com was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403
James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland