Main Menu

Ames sponsor

Started by Zayre88, January 13, 2005, 10:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

It appears Ames was co-sponsor of the Ames-Peak Antifreeze 200 race at Dover Intl speedway...   I found this ad in an old issue of Stock Car Racing

tokensafari

Man O Man. that's an oldy!

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB here!

Anybody remember Ames and Slick 50?

they had a contest in where you designed a paint job for Slick 50 on a mustang and If your design was chosen you would win a 1995 mustang

NO LIE!!!:holysh:

I have a copy of one my dad didn't submit at home!:bigsmile:

shows Ames logo and Slick 50 logo

76fanAmesmanBBTB

Ames not only sponsored Stock car racing

look closely in this old  picture of a Hartford Whalers game!

They sponsored hockey too!

76fanAmesmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB here!

Anybody remember Ames and Slick 50?

they had a contest in where you designed a paint job for Slick 50 on a mustang and If your design was chosen you would win a 1995 mustang

NO LIE!!!:holysh:

I have a copy of one my dad didn't submit at home!:bigsmile:

shows Ames logo and Slick 50 logo

BTW this is slick 50s logo

C. Fontaine

Here's something nifty I picked up on ebay not too long ago...

HoJofan206

Was that Kyle Petty that was sponsored by Ames in the Nascar series.  If so, what year was that?  Has to be at least the early 80's.  And why is the car orange, wasnt Ames main colors green and white?  Did they change over the years?

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Was that Kyle Petty that was sponsored by Ames in the Nascar series.  If so, what year was that?  Has to be at least the early 80's.  And why is the car orange, wasnt Ames main colors green and white?  Did they change over the years?

WOW IMAGINE THAT !

they had an Ames racing team!:o:o

Well problably the reason why that the Ames car in the Pic is red and white and not green in white is that pic is from the around th 1980s and/or early 1990s before they changed their colors to Ames Greeen and White.

BTW what happened to the Ames team?

I mean before 2003! They've mustive been still in operation in the 1990s at least when the stores were around right?:question:

Zayre88

The car has a  style first found on the 1988 Grand Prix, so it's probably around that year.  

Here's the Ames sponsored race ad again :yup:

C. Fontaine

The car is more red than orange, you just can't see cause it's a crappy scan!

Caldor1999

i wonder if Caldor Bradlees Jamesway Service Merchandise or Montgomery Ward sponcered fpr anything
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

HoJofan206

Service Merchanise was an associate sponsor of the #94 Bill Elliott McDononlds Ford back in the mid 90's.  I think it was only for one season.

Caldor1999

i know caldor donated and was a sponsor for the klimbraly clark foundation thats about it the Wiz also sponsored for hockey i dont know id Bradlees sponsored for anything
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
i know caldor donated and was a sponsor for the klimbraly clark foundation thats about it the Wiz also sponsored for hockey i dont know id Bradlees sponsored for anything

I remember seing The Wiz ads in some NHL arenas.  I recently saw a classic NHL game on NHL Network and Lechmere had ads on the boards along the ice !

Ameskid

No, I have a McDonald's Bill Elliott car from 1999 or 2000, and there is a Service Merchandise sticker on back!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Ameskid

Also, True Value sponsors all of the cars, and I think a few years back, Target sponsored some cars.

HoJofan206

Target is a the current sponsor of the #41 Chip Ganassi Dodge Magnum in the Nextel Cup Series.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Target is a the current sponsor of the #41 Chip Ganassi Dodge Magnum in the Nextel Cup Series.

Were a little off-topic (Ames sponsor)  but Kmart used to be a big sponsor in Nascar and racing.  Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, Service Merch. Circuit City and Best Buy, Heilig-Meyers are or have been sponsors.    Did Wal-Mart ever was a sponsor of anything?

DelawareBeachBoy

Kyle Petty and Todd Bodine were the drivers for the #42 Ames Department Stores, Inc 1989  Pontiac Grand Prix SE.... Kyle drove for 11 races ,  his best finishes were 2nd and 3rd... Todd drove for 8 races, he had 1 top 5 finish and 2 top 10 finishes. The car was with Blue trim. Ted Conder and
Felix Sabates were the co-owners. Ames only sponsor the team for 1 year (1990).

Rose's Department Stores sponsored some races.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteDid Wal-Mart ever was a sponsor of anything?

Wal-Mart has been sponsoring golf for a few years.

TRJ22487

About the Wiz, at New York Knicks games at Madison Square Garden around 1992-1995 usually the chairs on the bench had Nobody Beat the Wiz on the front of the chair's back

videogamer75

Here's a very cool ad I found on Ebay. It looks like Jamesway also sponsored racing in the early 1990's. :)

The Adamantium Elbow

QuoteOriginally posted by 76fanAmesmanBBTB

I think the Pittsburgh Penguins games also had Ame's as one of the sponsors on the boards at the then Pittsburgh Civic Arena(now Mellon Arena).

TRJ22487

Quote from: The Adamantium Elbow on December 27, 2009, 07:34:09 AM
QuoteOriginally posted by 76fanAmesmanBBTB

I think the Pittsburgh Penguins games also had Ame's as one of the sponsors on the boards at the then Pittsburgh Civic Arena(now Mellon Arena).

I posted this when I first won it but this 1989-90 Whalers banner hangs on my wall

TheFugitive

Both Ames and Service Merchandise sponsored stock cars during the times
I worked for them.

Frankly this did not go down well at all out in the stores.
Particularly as we were either in or soon to enter Chapter 11 in both cases.

When you can't get payroll, merchandise, various other things, and have to
fight to try and collect bonuses they owe you, it just really burned most of us
to see those cars racing around and think about how much the company must
have paid for that sponsorship.

Service Merchandise not only sponsored a stock car, but hired Bill Cosby for
a high profile TV ad campaign which bombed.  That really cheesed us off.

TheFugitive

Quote from: TheFugitive on May 07, 2014, 08:35:17 AM

Service Merchandise not only sponsored a stock car, but hired Bill Cosby for
a high profile TV ad campaign which bombed.  That really cheesed us off.

Been thinking about this a lot these days as the scandal and controversy continues to build around Bill Cosby.  When his face went up all over our store and his ads started running on TV endlessly, we joked that "now the major career-ending Cosby scandal is going to break!"

Just about two decades too soon with that prediction I guess.

Ameskid

Found another one...Best sponsored Dean Combs in 1984.

Publix sponsored Junie Donlavey's #90 car for one race each in 1990 and 1991. Supposedly the guy who approved the sponsorship was given the boot for that.

Harris-Teeter also sponsored the car in 1990, but I can't find an image of the car.