I miss Hecht's already...

Started by Caldor1999, December 28, 2005, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

im putting this down because there not gonna be around by the end of 2006 because of the merger most of there store will etaher become Macys or Bloomingdales or be sold off
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

They aren't around me, but i've been to one before which is actually the one below. They've been owned by the May Company since 1959.

This one is in Prince George's County, MD.

http://www.recentpast.org/types/shopcenters/

storehistoryguy

Macy's and Hecht's signs. Queit simular.

http://msnbc.msn.com/

Heres a story about the rebranding. http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=3655254

Hecht's Website. Hecht's

thedisneystore967

Hecht's is the last regional department store left in the DC area.
At one point there was also Garfinkels and Woodward and Lothrop as well, but Garfinkels went out in the year 1990, and then Woodward and Lothrop closed their very last store in 1995.
When Hecht's closes, there will be no more regional chains left down here.
I'll try to snap some pictures soon, but first I've got to buy a memory card to put into my digital camera. *adds it to todo list*
Two last things,
A giant Hecht's down be me just recently closed, it was in Wheaton Maryland.

and lastly
Does anyone know if Dillard's is still a family owned chain???

beachgal26

Having grown up in and around the MD/DC area, there were also a few more stores that went out of business sometime between 1970 and 1990.  We also had Stewart's and Hutzler's which were very nice higher-end stores.  (My grandmother worked for Stewart's for 45 years and I bought my prom dress at Hutzler's.)

I happened to be visiting the MD area last fall and drove by the shopping center where they were located (along with a former Caldor) and was very sad to see that the whole shopping center (along with the drug store that was my very first job) had been torn down and turned into a combo Costco with several other office supply stores.

The list of remaining stores just keeps getting shorter and shorter....

:mad: :( :flaming:  :no: :hurt: