A.C. Moore

Started by storehistoryguy, December 28, 2005, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

A.C.Moore in Salem NH

Crawford

Only been in A C Moore once or twice. It is exactly like going into Michael's
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

storehistoryguy

A coming soon sign for an A.C. Moore in Hanover Mall in Hanover, Ma.

Prototype picture.

This hallway will be taken down.

http://acellaconstruction.com/our_work-retail.htm

d_fife

ac moore in manchester CT in the babies r us / bed bath beyond plaza

d_fife

ac moore in in plainville ct in plainville commons

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
ac moore in in plainville ct in plainville commons

ac moore in plainville ct

d_fife

ac moore in yorktown heights ny in the bj's / bed bath beyond plaza

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

ac moore in erie pa in millcreek mall.

d_fife

ac moore in portsmouth nh in the old officemax. it opened october 11, 2006. I was there october 10 and it was not open then.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
ac moore in portsmouth nh in the old officemax. it opened october 11, 2006. I was there october 10 and it was not open then.

portsmouth nh

Mobil

The A.C. Moore near me relocated a few years ago to a new store in the same plaza. Linens 'n Things opened in the old store. Another one is in (part of) a former Two Guys/Jefferson Ward. A Stop & Shop (former Bradlees) and PetSmart are in other portions of the building.

videogamer75

The A.C. Moore in Egg Harbor Township, NJ in the English Creek Shopping Center, is part of a former Jamesway.

Their headquarters in Berlin, NJ are only a few miles away from me.

Stork of The Weak

AC Moore just changed their logo. The new one isn't very unique though (not that the old one was either) and doesn't have a symbol to go with it the way the old one had the star. It seems none of the craft store chains have the money to update the logos on the fronts of their stores, so it doesn't make much sense why any of them have been changing logos. For example, the Michaels logo changed about three years ago and I haven't seen the signs updated on any older stores yet, but at least a few new stores have opened in that time frame. If you think that's bad though, Jo-Ann Fabrics hasn't changed their logo since at least 2000, yet stores can be found with any of three logos used before then. For example, the store in Painted Post, NY still has the 60's logo, the store in Mays Landing, NJ (also the one in Norristown, PA) still has the 70's logo, and the store in Chambersburg, PA still has the 80's logo.

On another topic, Hobby Lobby (which has NEVER changed their logo in at least 20 years, but has scrapped the "creative center" tagline from their signs) will be affected by a US Supreme Court ruling tomorrow Tuesday, March 25. This will determine whether or not Hobby Lobby will be allowed to continue refusing to fund birth control pills under Obamacare. If the ruling is in favor of the more liberal option, Hobby Lobby just may go out of business. I wonder if they would be willing to sell the chain to AC Moore, which already has little or no overlap with Hobby Lobby. It would be a perfect transaction because Hobby Lobby seems to be the Southern equivalent of AC Moore, though Hobby Lobby has slowly been expanding north, while AC Moore has been creeping south. Neither of them have really entered one another's territory yet, but both have indeed crossed into one another's states.

ynkeesfn82

I don't think Hobby Lobby will go out of business. Are they that spiteful that they'd put thousands of people out of work?

ynkeesfn82

As for AC Moore they need to open in Waterbury, Connecticut. (Along with Bed Bath Beyond and DSW Shoes).

Stork of The Weak

Quote from: Marc B on March 26, 2014, 03:07:13 PM
I don't think Hobby Lobby will go out of business. Are they that spiteful that they'd put thousands of people out of work?

They wouldn't have to put ANYONE out of work if they sold out to AC Moore. And as far as I know, the two don't have any overlapping stores, at least not yet. They may be in the same states but it seems the two have been avoiding one another on purpose.

BillyGr

Quote from: Stork of The Weak on April 04, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
They wouldn't have to put ANYONE out of work if they sold out to AC Moore. And as far as I know, the two don't have any overlapping stores, at least not yet. They may be in the same states but it seems the two have been avoiding one another on purpose.

Well - maybe a few people :)  Here are the two in Latham (NY) - Right next to Market Bistro by Price Chopper! (And, might I add, almost next to each other - Marshalls is stuck in between - no idea how the numbers got set up, other than that it had more storefronts at one point, as AC Moore is at least 2 or 3 smaller store spots put together).

AC Moore - 873 New Loudon Rd # 6, Latham, NY 12110
Hobby Lobby - Latham : 873 New Loudon Road, Suite 3

ynkeesfn82

They're in the process of remodeling the Plainville, Connecticut store.