Main Menu

KB Toys

Started by C. Fontaine, January 12, 2005, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

How about KB Toys?  I don't know a lot about them, but I can remember them all the way back to when I was a kid.  They are currently GOB, it seems about time... :mrpink:  They always seemed kind of expensive, and I never saw much people in there because of their limited selection.  I guess most people around here just went to the Toys R Us across the street.  I personally don't think that store was ever that appealing, even when I was a kid...

store215

Overpriced stuff that you can get at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us.  Most stores are very, very small and we would never go into them because they were always cramped (mostly just people browsing, not buying)

Some stores are larger, like the KB Toy Outlet in the Franklin Mills Mall...if only all the stores were this size maybe they could have a better selection and maybe more customers would want to look along.

I don't see them sticking around much longer unless they change the types of products they sell (ex. going with unique toys that can't be found in every big-box store)

Chris

They aren't GOB. I haven't seen anything. I'll check the website. The one in Newington closed last year with the ch. 11 closings. On Jan.1, we visited the Plainville store. They do still seem like a nice little toy store. They aren't bad or overpriced. I miss our KB Toys because they were small and you found everything you needed.

C. Fontaine

The one near me is GOB, in the Auburn Mall.  It doesn't seem like they're gonna be around much longer.

tokensafari

Yes, KB Toys are closings stores starting right around now all the way into the next couple of months, due to restructuring. So.. they can try and stay competitive with Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and others.

amesman

The store here in Kingston is closing next week...

C. Fontaine

There's nothing that really attracts me or anyone I've talked to to KB Toys other than it's one of the few remaining true toy stores.  They're prices aren't great at all, same with their selection.  They don't carry anything you couldn't get at Wal-Mart or Target for a whole lot less.  It would seem to me the only time they would get busy is during the Christmas season.

tokensafari

That's the only time i ever see 'em busy!!

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

well my KB Toys in Torrington,CT is still open!:bigsmile:

BTW KB Toys used to be called Kay Bee Toy Works and my Torrington store had the old signage and such but changed it to new recently.

NJF

The now-closed KB in a Tallahassee, FL mall.  Snapped the day after they closed.

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB

BTW KB Toys used to be called Kay Bee Toy Works and my Torrington store had the old signage and such but changed it to new recently.
AmesmanBBTB, you cn reregister you know...

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
AmesmanBBTB

AmesmanBBTB, you cn reregister you know...

I know I can but right now I can't give away my e-mail address because last year around Christmas time our computer got a persistant virus that reloaded itself even if you got rid of it so dad had to take it to someone to get the computer fixed and had took a long time to fix the computer we just got our computer back yesterday and we have no idea where the virus came from yet so for now I'm not giving away my E-mail address just yet because if I do there might be a possibility that I could get a virus again and we'll have to get the computer fixed again.

thats the reason why I'm not registering yet and why I haven't been posting lately because I was living without a computer for a long time.

Its just a precaution I'm not blaming you guys for the virus  I got.

BTW THIS IS NOT A LIE I'M TELLING YOU THE TRUTH.:saint::cool:

C. Fontaine

No problem dude.

Anonymous

Thank you for understanding:bigsmile:

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

this is my trademark

I'll be using this in my images or whenever I post sometimes

whatever you do don't take it and post it like your claiming you're me!

I don't need imposters!

Caldor1999

previouis was me AmesmanBBTB
Hey! i rember u your th eone who liked my pictures:)
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

How about KB Toys?  I don't know a lot about them, but I can remember them all the way back to when I was a kid.  They are currently GOB, it seems about time... :mrpink:  They always seemed kind of expensive, and I never saw much people in there because of their limited selection.  I guess most people around here just went to the Toys R Us across the street.  I personally don't think that store was ever that appealing, even when I was a kid...
There closing 500 stores mostly mall locations there not relly pricey it all depends on what u buy they have some good deals on things but i like toys r us better they also auqrred the TOY WORKS chain back in the 1990's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by NJF
The now-closed KB in a Tallahassee, FL mall.  Snapped the day after they closed.

The sign at my KB toys was different It read TOY WORKS in read letters with toy soldiers on both sides I'll try to get pictures or make one myself.:bounce::rolleyes::bouncing::goodidea:

Caldor1999

heheh funny logo the one i rember is the logo with the bubly letter and there tilted
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Wisebuys gets there toys form KB TOYS

TRU7536

The Toy Works of Newington, CT opened in 1987 and closed last year. It was very old and dirty, but now Modells, a sporting goods store based in NY is moving in their. Their also going to expanded it by 5,000 feet. The whole plaza in general is very old and ghetto, but the land lord said their going to redo the parking lot and new facade! Also TGIF is moving into the plaza to, contruction starts in the spring or summer time!

Anonymous

kay bee is in in almost every mall around me,and there are four of them!( the malls names are
1. lakeforest mall
2. montgomery mall
3.white flint mall
4.wheaton plaza.)
 the only thing is that the kay bee toys in white flint shut down.
i'l; try to snap a picture next time i can convince my mom to go there.

& yes in case yor are wondering,i am a kid, but don't tell me "what the hell"
because kids can be interested in malls too!!

C. Fontaine

I saw one while at the Solomon Pond Mall in MA today.  They closed the one in the Auburn Mall in Auburn, MA not too long ago.  It still says KB Toys on the windows...

Rayco7030

I saw one while at the Solomon Pond Mall in MA today.  They closed the one in the Auburn Mall in Auburn, MA not too long ago.  It still says KB Toys on the windows...

theres still one in the Eastfield mall in Springfield,ma
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

HoJofan206

Here in the southern part of Indiana/Western Ky all of our KB mall and KB Outlet stores closed in 2004.  Kind of hard to think ALL of those stores were "under performing".  I think we will eventually see this entire Toy Store chain disappear along with Toys R Us. "TRU" will last longer than the KB stores, in my opinion, but both will go under due to places like Wal-Mart.

SomeBeach

I always liked KB toys, in part because Toys R Us was overwhelming to me, whereas KB Toys was smaller.

My nearest one was Alpena Mall, which has to be one of the smallest malls (about 30 stores) to have ever had a KB. Ironically, it was a little larger of a store than the one in Bay City Mall, our second nearest one. (Bay City is about 70 stores in size.)

Alpena's and Bay City's closed around the same time. Alpena's is now a variety store (like a dollar store, except not everything's a dollar), and Bay City's is now an oddball gift shop.

Jag67

We lost our KB last year, which was in the Eastern Hills Mall in Amherst. I took a pic, but it hasn't been sent to the developed yet.

HoJofan206

We had a KB Toys inside Eastland Mall and a KB Toys Outlet in Washington Commons and both went out of business in 2003.

minidog959

:flaming:I LOVED KB TOYS!!!! WHY IS IT GOIN OUT:question:WHATS NEXT:question:TOYS R US:question:NO MORE TOYS!!!!!!

Jag67

Toys R Us is goin out too. They're spinning off the toy business soon and just gonna stick with Kids R Us. I made sure I got a pic of of our local toys R Us, before it's gone.

The new owners may continue to operate it as normal, but I have a feeling Toys R Us is going to be history soon. Just not enough business anymore.