Main Menu

IHOP

Started by storehistoryguy, December 23, 2005, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Renovations of the former Ruby Tuesdays in Southington for IHOP will begin next week. IHOP hopes to open in June.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/southington/southingtonnews/6849729-129/construction-on-southington-ihop-to-begin-next-week.html

ynkeesfn82

I-HOP Southington, CT opens June 15th.

TheFugitive

There is an Evangelical church in Kansas City that set up a worship center in a strip mall
where they have some sort of music or worship prayer service going on 24/7 x 365 and streamed
on the internet.  They called it the International House of Prayer.

They had t-shirts made and an internet domain calling it IHOP, and sure enough, they got sued by
the pancake people.

A settlement was worked out and the center in Kansas City is now calling itself IHOPKC.
And they have a disclaimer on their website urging other churches who are thinking of doing
this not to call it IHOP.

retailisking

The former TGI Friday's (which closed in April 2014 after seven years of business) is the proposed site.
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/business/2015/05/20/ihop-plans-move-tgi-friday-site/1709729

ynkeesfn82

The GM at the new I-HOP in Southington, CT  said they had a record-breaking opening day on June 15th. The restaurant is owned by a California based franchisee called Mr. Stax Inc.

From MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

IHOP opens to record crowds in Southington

Published: June 16, 2015 | Last Modified: June 16, 2015 06:29PM
By Jesse Buchanan Record-Journal staff

SOUTHINGTON â€" Area residents packed a new IHOP location on Queen Street for the restaurant’s opening day Monday.

The pancake house replaces a Ruby Tuesdays, which closed abruptly in January. It’s been under construction for about three months to create the blue and white IHOP design.

On Tuesday afternoon, tables were busy with first-time diners.

“We’ve been waiting all last week for this place to open,” said Judy Columb. “I like a place where you can get breakfast all day.”

She had crepes at the restaurant and said the 885 Queen St. IHOP was “definitely” her new breakfast spot.

General Manager Jeffrey Rascher said sales from Monday broke records for Mr. Stax Inc., a restaurant group that owns franchised locations across the country. Mr. Stax, based in California, owns an IHOP in Manchester.

“Yesterday went very, very well,” Rascher said.

He’s also expecting a busy, and possibly record-breaking, weekend. There’s always a surge of customers during an opening and Father’s Day on Sunday will likely mean even more diners.

The restaurant has 50 tables and was entirely renovated, according to Rascher.

“Brand-new everything,” he said.

Queen Street is an excellent location for a restaurant, Rascher said, due to the traffic and room for parking. Jenny Panella, a Plainville resident, works farther south on Route 10 and decided to try IHOP on Tuesday after driving by. She also read about the restaurant’s opening on the Facebook group Southington Talks.

The restaurant hired 110 workers after receiving 900 applications for the positions. Rascher said restaurant experience wasn’t the only criterion for hiring.

“We can train people,” he said. “It’s important to have happy, vibrant people.”

Employees live mostly in Southington and surrounding towns but also come from West Hartford and Farmington.

Rascher said the restaurant has been busy at all times but expects dinner to slow down after the opening enthusiasm.

“It does settle more as a breakfast location,” he said.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc82 on July 27, 2006, 06:58:15 PM
I don't know what year they closed, but IHOP on West Main Street in New Britiain is an ward winning Chinese Restaurant and has been for many many years.  You can see a little bit of the exterior of the building in the 3rd pic on the main page. http://greattaste.com/

Former I-HOP on West Main Street in New Britain. It's been The Great Taste Chinese Restaurant for years.

Photo Credit: Vision Government Solutions.

HannafordHearts

I'm surprised no one mentioned yet that IHOP has a new logo, as seen on this newly opened location in Pooler, GA (courtesy of C-Bunny): https://flic.kr/p/uqRGSJ

Ameskid

Quote from: Ameskid on April 28, 2006, 07:42:41 PM
We also have an old styled one that is now an Irish pub.
Demolished in June 2013. Not sure what years IHOP was in the building - no later than 1998 or so.

Former IHOP/Bar, Cincinnati, Ohio by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Former IHOP/Maloney's by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Maloney's (Former IHOP), Anderson Township by Harvestman Man, on Flickr
Former IHOP/Bar, Cincinnati, Ohio by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

Does anyone know if this sign with "chaser"-style flashing lights around the edge was original to any other IHOPs? I know for a fact that it had the original sign that came with many A-frame restaurants, but I'm not sure if the sign shown here was added after another restaurant moved in.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

giantsfan2016

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on May 18, 2015, 02:23:10 PM
I-HOP Southington, CT opens June 15th.

I-Hop Southington has been open for almost a year and a half. I have yet to eat there. Here's my observations judging by cars in their parking lot. More people go there for breakfast than for lunch or dinner. The parking lot is usually packed on the weekend for breakfast. The long-time Denny's down the street remains more popular. They're packed a lot of the times. (Then again they are directly off the I-84 Off Ramp and adjacent to a Motel 6).

I've heard (at least this location) that the food isn't very good and that the service sucks. I don't know. I haven't read the reviews on YELP. I know one of my friends told me he prefers Denny's.