IHOP

Started by storehistoryguy, December 23, 2005, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
[Here is a former IHOP in Nashua, NH.

Now Quizno's.

thedisneystore967

:insane: That is one huge Qiznos!!! Most locations in maryland are tiny!:insane:

BillyGr

They're putting one in in East Greenbush (NY) - for those who know the area, it's in the original Peter Harris building, next to the bowling alley on Route 9/20, about 1/10 mile from the old HoJo's.

amesman

IHOP has also taken over the old Hojos turned Denny's in Clifton Park.

HoJofan206

Get us a picture amesman!!  :duh:

XISMZERO

The vacant IHOP I referred to a few posts back near the intersection of South Main St. and 71 in West Hartford, CT. Its an oldie which managed to maintain the "brown" logo against overwhelming blue/IHOP associations.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

CHICOPEE, MASS

...in front of where the Fairfield Mall once was. Taken today, 1-12-2008.

The store is plenty old, and appears to have been vacant for a while. Has the signature A-frame too!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Loki

IHOP in Hamden, CT, still in buisness and still in the A-frame.

FearlessSwan

Former IHOP, Daytona Beach, FL

FearlessSwan

Former IHOP, Greenwich, CT.

Largo, FL

videogamer75

here is a cool poster in the Mays Landing, NJ IHOP. It shows a vintage menu and a classic picture of an original A-Frame restaurant.

videogamer75

exterior shot of the Mays Landing, NJ ihop

Mobil

The IHOP near me, in a shopping center, just closed and is becoming a Panera.

GothicPrincess

Greensburg, PA, next to the Barnes & Noble on 30, The Boulevard (restaurant), is now IHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mamma is soooooo pleased by this......In this area, best time to go is between 9-9:30am. After the earlies, before the luncheons. I drop my daughter off for school at 9am by the time we got there it was about 9:10am. I must say, other than them screwing up my eggs, and let's face it, I'm a tough customer for eggs, the rest of it was incredible!!! I have missed IHOP so badly since moving to PA, but now I'm a happy camper once again. It's too bad our Old Country Buffet closed down, but now I'm planning on making IHOP the new hangout for me and my friends...yay!!!
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

ynkeesfn82

IHOP opened in the former Ruby Tuesday at The Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, CT.

Maybe IHOP can move in when Ruby's closes in Southington although I think they'd get killed by Denny's.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on September 16, 2012, 08:32:49 PM
IHOP opened in the former Ruby Tuesday at The Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, CT.

Maybe IHOP can move in when Ruby's closes in Southington although I think they'd get killed by Denny's.

They are closing the Ruby Tuesday in Southington?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on September 17, 2012, 07:42:50 PM

I think they are. Check out the landlord's website. Orange = future vacancy. Ruby Tuesday is shaded in Orange.

http://rkcenters.com/property-pdfs/SOUTHINGTON.pdf

AmesNewington

Quote from: Marc B on September 17, 2012, 07:56:21 PM
Quote from: TRU7536 on September 17, 2012, 07:42:50 PM

I think they are. Check out the landlord's website. Orange = future vacancy. Ruby Tuesday is shaded in Orange.

http://rkcenters.com/property-pdfs/SOUTHINGTON.pdf

Then why is Ruby Tuesday still open? Usually when a restaurant closes, it does so abruptly, leaving no time for the landlord to advertise it as vacant.

ynkeesfn82

Chris, while usually  true I think they've made it known that they were not going to renew their lease.

cdavid991

Here's a shot of the IHOP that I used to love going to when I was a kid. Went there every year up until I was 14 for my birthday. Today it is an "Alpine" Subway. Very funny.

0220131213-02 by cdavid991, on Flickr

0220131213-00 by cdavid991, on Flickr

JimSawhill

Quote from: cdavid991 on March 13, 2013, 10:36:14 AM
Here's a shot of the IHOP that I used to love going to when I was a kid. Went there every year up until I was 14 for my birthday. Today it is an "Alpine" Subway. Very funny.

The old IHOP in East Hartford is a Discount Casket place!! :) At least that one is a SUBWAY!!!

JimSawhill

Quote from: cdavid991 on March 13, 2013, 10:36:14 AM

An old IHOP Alpine in Tampa is a car dealer.

Zayre88

Anyone tried the IHOP products available in stores?

JimSawhill

Quote from: Zayre88 on March 30, 2013, 04:50:00 PM
Anyone tried the IHOP products available in stores?

If I see it in Publix I'll buy it!!

ynkeesfn82

I-Hop is opening soon in Manchester, Connecticut. It will be at 191 Deming Street, the former Applebees. It should be noted the 2 brands are co-owned.

TheFugitive

After Ames bought Zayre they sent me down to Jacksonville, Florida to be the official onsite
Ames representative to help with the transition.   They kept me in the dirtiest, dumpiest
Red Carpet Inn you've ever seen.

There was an IHOP attached to that place.  Ate there almost daily as it was the only restaurant
within convenient (and safe!) walking distance of this hotel, and generally it was late and I was beat.

Nothing against IHOP but I have had no particular desire to go back after reaching that
saturation point.

ynkeesfn82

I-HOP is finally taking over the Ruby Tuesdays in Southington, Connecticut. Ruby's last day for business was Saturday January 24th. They've been clearing out the building ever since. No word yet as to when I-HOP will open.

I wonder how I-HOP will fare against Denny's, which is about 1/4 mile down the road.

Here's what I know:

I-Hop has better pancakes than Denny's.

Denny's is open 24/7, while I-Hop is not. And although it's been a long time since I've been to Denny's at 2AM, Food generally tastes better at 2AM.  ;)

Denny's is located directly across from the I-84 On/Off Ramps.

HannafordHearts

Here is a former IHOP in Schenectady, NY. This was a newer location that opened as early as 2007 and closed in September 2014: