Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Discuss.

Pheonix, Arizona in the 1950's.

http://www.acmeron.com/puhs/puhs_page_4.htm

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

d_fife

this IHOP is in south portland and it repalced the old Ground round and the old one was near the demolished cinema and the cinema and was demolished.

BillyGr

The first is the location on Wolf Road - this one is still open but is one of the older A-Frame style).

Second is the (former) location in Pittsfield on Route 9 across from Allendale shopping center.  Now a Thai restaurant.

amesman

Here's the old Kingston location. An old A Frame location, it was closed in 1995, and demolished last year.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the old Kingston location. An old A Frame location, it was closed in 1995, and demolished last year.

Glad you got that one!

Of course, after they built the wide driveway almost on top of it (and where some of the parking was) it made it kind of difficult to re-use.

By the way - do you know what is being built on the other side of the driveway?

amesman

They're currently building an Arbys on the other side. They planted trees where the old IHOP was.

Zayre88

South Portland had a IHOP with that style but they recently moved into a newer building.  Here is a former IHOP in Nashua, NH.

Ameskid

We had a new one built in cincinnati that occupies the former Bill Knapp's location, to go with Anderson Towne Center. We also have an old styled one that is now an Irish pub.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

BillyGr

This building is on Route 896, just off Exit 1 of I-95 in Delaware - it looks like an old IHOP, but I can't be certain.

It has a Quality Inn semi-behind it, which also appears to be an older (two story, outside entry) motel - probably a local place that took the Quality name.  Both of these are across from the Friendly's/HoJo combo.

amesman

Actaully, my friend, that was an old Horne's. It is a good find nontheless! I would suspect the Quality Inn is the old Horne's Motor Lodge, while the building pictured was the old restaurant.

Zayre88

Actaully, my friend, that was an old Horne's. It is a good find nontheless! I would suspect the Quality Inn is the old Horne's Motor Lodge, while the building pictured was the old restaurant.

They do have a similar style.  I often thought that the A frame IHOP in South Portland could have been a Horne's.  I later found that it was an original IHOP style!

d_fife

Marc82

I don't know what year they closed, but IHOP on West Main Street in New Britiain is an ward winning Chinese Restaurant and has been for many many years.  You can see a little bit of the exterior of the building in the 3rd pic on the main page. http://greattaste.com/

d_fife

the one in newington CT

d_fife

waterbury ct looks like IHOP

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana location

HoJofan206

IHOP roadside sign.  I can remember a time when we had the time to actually say, International House of Pancakes.
Saying IHOPE sure saved everyone a lot of time!  :roll:

HoJofan206

oops! Forgot the pic!

HoJofan206

Florissant Missori

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

I liked thise old A Frame building locations.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I liked thise old A Frame building locations.

There's one in Springfield, Mass. on Boston Road still in the A-frame style still open. There's also a vacant one in West Hartford, CT which never got an updated treatment (brown, old caps lettering no "IHOP" treatment).
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

HoJofan206

Memphis Tennessee