more login problems?

Started by store215, January 12, 2005, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

When I log in when I am posting a new topic, it stays logged in (until i submit the post), but I cannot log in from the main site. help?

C. Fontaine

Your browser may not be accepting cookies...  Try logging in with the link in the righthand, top part of the screen, and check off secure login.  In the meantime I will check the config file.

store215

Ok it works with the secure login. I don't know why it won't worrk without that though...I tried logging in with both IE and Firefox with firewalls and things off:huh:

amesman

I'm having trouble logging on the site on the computers at school, when I have study hall..

tokensafari

Your computer at school might have certain softwareon it  that prevents you from going to certain sites. Like my school has something called bess. But it doesn't block the site or the forums. Although, it is set to block any type of forum and chat.  See what kind of software is installed on the computers at school, and i might be able to tell you a way around it.  

I also found this site to work better in Firefox, with ZoneAlarm on Stealth.

C. Fontaine

It doesn't work at school because they might use a proxy to control where you go.  Either way they don't let the computer accept cookies, which is how this forum lets you know what topics and threads you have read and keeps you logged in.  Trust me I was the only in-house computer tech in my school, and spent half of my day every day just servicing PC's...:mrpink:  The most common public computer blocking software is called Fortres, there are ways around it, but your best bet is to use the secure login.