Cherry & Webb

Started by d_fife, December 22, 2005, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

Cherry & Webbb Touraine was a clothing chain that closed in early 2000.

This cherry & webb was in downtown LAconia new hampshire. it is now the Video choice.

Crawford

This was a very popular women's store that had been in business for decades. I believe it was a staple in many malls and plazas.  My mother was very sad when they shut down. I believe they merged with Touraine in the 80's

Known Cherry and Webb locations

Pawtucket RI--demolished, rebuilt as an Edwards Supermarket which then became a Ro-Jacks market. Building is now vacant

East Providence RI--part of the now closed Wampanoag Mall--a Pay-Half discount clothes store occupies the space, the former entrance to the mall is walled off and is part of the men's department

South Attleboro Mass--became a Pay-Half which closed, is now split between a bedding store and dentist office

Lincoln RI--vacant for a long time, demolished when the mall underwent a massive overhaul

Swansea Mass--vacant, used as a seasonal type of store then for storage

Providence RI--not exactly sure what is going on with the building today, maybe have been demolished

I think there was also one in either the Warwick or Rhode Island (Midland) mall
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

dayville81

One in Old Saybrook Shopping Center became a Sage Allen 2 then was split between Marshalls and Pier 1 Import.
Cherry & Webb was in the Rhode Island Mall on the upper level mid-way in the mall.

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife