Hannaford

Started by d_fife, December 22, 2005, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

The former Durham Marketplace has shifted its merchandising mix to the UNH student population at the expense of year-round residents, petitioners say

http://www.fosters.com/news/20170803/residents-urge-upgrades-to-hannaford-store

retailisking

Like Shaw's ending its card-based Rewards program then embracing it again through and app-based MyMixx, Hannaford is joining the app-based loyalty fray
http://www.supermarketnews.com/retail-financial/new-hannaford-loyalty-program-will-reward-private-brand-purchases

retailisking

MikeRa

Just looked on Hannaford's website for it's brands, and here is what I found:

• Care One (Health & Personal Care)
  • Cha-Ching (Budget)
  • Companion (Pets)
  • Etos (European Inspirations)
  • Hannaford
  • Healthy Accents (Health & Beauty)
  • Home 360 (Kitchenware)
  • Home 360 Baby (Baby)
  • Home 360 Pet (Pets)
  • Nature’s Place (Organtic)
  • Taste Of Inspiration (Finest Ingridents)
It looks like some of Hannaford's brands are being replaced by Giant/Stop & Shop brands
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

BillyGr

Quote from: MikeRa on December 25, 2017, 06:05:50 PM

• Cha-Ching (Budget)
  • Companion (Pets)
  • Hannaford
  • Home 360 (Kitchenware)
  • Home 360 Baby (Baby)
  • Home 360 Pet (Pets)
It looks like some of Hannaford's brands are being replaced by Giant/Stop & Shop brands

One thing I did notice in the last month or so was that they brought in some limited time holiday items (things in peppermint, cranberry, pumpkin flavors) and those items are from Foodhold (the S&S/Giant production division) and are similar to ones I've seen in Stop & Shop.

Aside from that, nothing else so far that I've noticed (and most of the items with the fruit logo would be pretty obvious if they do pop up).

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on March 05, 2018, 08:49:24 PM
Hannaford is moving to the vacant Kmart site in South Burlington VT.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2018/03/02/hannaford-moving-former-kmart-plaza-south-burlington/389871002/

I wonder what will happen to the old Hannaford site.

MikeRa

Quote from: BillyGr on December 26, 2017, 08:20:00 PM
Quote from: MikeRa on December 25, 2017, 06:05:50 PM

• Cha-Ching (Budget)
  • Companion (Pets)
  • Hannaford
  • Home 360 (Kitchenware)
  • Home 360 Baby (Baby)
  • Home 360 Pet (Pets)

One thing I did notice in the last month or so was that they brought in some limited time holiday items (things in peppermint, cranberry, pumpkin flavors) and those items are from Foodhold (the S&S/Giant production division) and are similar to ones I've seen in Stop & Shop.

Aside from that, nothing else so far that I've noticed (and most of the items with the fruit logo would be pretty obvious if they do pop up).
Food Lion is now carring the Ahold USA's brands of etos, Companion, CareOne, and Always My Baby

standa

Actually I noticed in the current Stop & Shop flier an ad for Taste of Inspiration products. I didn't know they were from Hannaford. Perhaps they will replace the Simply Enjoy which seem similar kind of items.

MikeRa

Quote from: standa on March 27, 2018, 08:21:05 AM
Actually I noticed in the current Stop & Shop flier an ad for Taste of Inspiration products. I didn't know they were from Hannaford. Perhaps they will replace the Simply Enjoy which seem similar kind of items.
It is also in the current Giant-PA ads as well.  Which would mean it will appear in Giant-MD and Martin's ads

Scrabbleship

Delhaize's "Guiding Stars" program has migrated to Stop & Shop and both Giants.

MikeRa

Quote from: Scrabbleship on April 18, 2018, 07:15:29 AM
Delhaize's "Guiding Stars" program has migrated to Stop & Shop and both Giants.
I first noticed it on the Savory magazine that is distributed at my local GIANT-PA Food & Drugstore.  It is also the same for Giant-MD, Martin's and Stop & Shop

BillyGr

Quote from: retailisking on January 23, 2019, 12:09:04 PM
https://www.vnews.com/Hannaford-Gifts-Groceries-After-System-Glitch-22950981

Not quite the same, but I was once at a P&C where they had a power outage (something within the plaza, which even knocked a local TV station off the air for a time).

They had very limited power from some type of generator (like enough for one light in an aisle), so they handed everyone paper and pen(cil) when you entered and asked you to write the prices of what you were getting.  Also had employees around with flashlights to help as needed.

At the checkout they added it up on a calculator and you paid (don't remember if they had a way to do card payments, but that was some time ago so they weren't as popular as they are now, but there may have been a way to do it manually).

Seemed to work pretty well, and I'd suspect most were honest with it as it would likely be somewhat obvious if someone tried to mark things too low.  Not quite so easy to do here, though, if people were already done shopping.

Retail Regents

Who here has upgraded their fleets recently? It seems that any store that had the ones with the long baskets and tub-like baskets got replaced with these.

retailisking

Missed this story from the end of November - Hannaford has given up plans for a store in Hinesburg, VT after nearly a decade
https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Hannaford-drops-plans-for-Hinesburg-store-565529001.html

Retail Regents

Seems like Hannaford is on a remodeling spree. We have the ones in Gloversville and Amsterdam getting renovated. At least they actually put tile in these remodels as opposed to polishing the concrete.