Hannaford

Started by d_fife, December 22, 2005, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

this is a supermarket chain found in the mid 1800s in portland maine. A lot of their stores are in maine, and they have stores in upstate and central new york, new hampshire, massachusetts and vermont. a lot of their stores in mass, new hampshire and Maine were Shop 'n save, while ones in New york and vermont were hannaford

This Hannaford is in my hometown Plymouth, new hampshire! It is 51,000 square feet and was 25,000 square feet until 1991. Hannaford was Shop'n Save and before Shop'n save was food town. Shop 'n save opened in 1979. The store is in the same plaza as Marshalls, taht was once Ames.

d_fife

hannaford bought out a chain called cricenti's.

This is the Hannaford owned Cricenti's in Bristol new hampshire, about 15 minutes from me (dan fife). IT is 21,000 square feet. it is named Shop 'n save and says owned by Hannaford products. the acqusion happened last summer and the other cricenti's bought out were in NEw london new hampshire and hillsboro new hampshire, which Hannaford closed as a Shaw's is down the road.

Caldor1999

hears my fomer ames witch is in teh prossces of become a hannaford
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
hannaford bought out a chain called cricenti's.

This is the Hannaford owned Cricenti's in Bristol new hampshire, about 15 minutes from me (dan fife). IT is 21,000 square feet. it is named Shop 'n save and says owned by Hannaford products. the acqusion happened last summer and the other cricenti's bought out were in NEw london new hampshire and hillsboro new hampshire, which Hannaford closed as a Shaw's is down the road.

They also use the Shop 'n Save name on stores that are not owned by Hannaford but are supplied by them - for example in New York we have Miller's Shop 'n Save in West Sand Lake - everything inside looks like a Hannaford but it is still independently owned - also a new one in a former Grand Union in Ravena.

d_fife

this is a picture of the HAnnaford in Topsham maine in the topsham fair mall, that opened in 1985. It was before that called Super Shop 'n Save.

from http://www.stevecaron.com/topsham_shopping.htm

d_fife

This hannaford is in north windham maine and is 64,000 square feet and opened 1980.

d_fife

this hannaford is in South portland and opened in 1964 and was expanded adnd renovated and added 9,500 square feet and is currently 43,500 square feet. it is on cottage st.

d_fife

this hannaford is in gardner maine and is 40,000 square feet and was expanded from 27,000 to 40,000 in 1999.

d_fife

this hannaford is in gardner maine and is 40,000 square feet and was expanded from 27,000 to 40,000 in 1999.

another picture of hannaford in gardiner maine.

d_fife

another picture of hannaford in gardiner maine.

this is the hannaford sign in gardiner maine

d_fife

this hannaford is in yarmouth maine and is 52,000 square feet and opened 1978.

d_fife

this hannaford is in yarmouth maine and is 52,000 square feet and opened 1978.

another picture of hannaford in yarmouth.

d_fife

this is the new Hannaford that opened in Portland maine on Riverside st and opened about a year ago. it is 35,000 square feet.

d_fife

this hannaford sign is in westbrook maine and this is the latest hannaford sign.

d_fife

this hannaford sign is in westbrook maine and this is the latest hannaford sign.

this hannaford is in westbrook and opened 2.5 years ago and is 56,000 square feet. it is in downtown and was where kohl's is.

d_fife

this hannaford is in scarborough maine on Rt. 1.

d_fife

this is the side of the one in south portland by the maine mall. the store is 49,000 square feet and opened in 1980 or 1981.

d_fife

this is the side of the one in south portland by the maine mall. the store is 49,000 square feet and opened in 1980 or 1981.

this is the hannaford near the maine mall in south portland.

d_fife

this hannaford is in Augusta near the turnpike mall, is 72,000 square feet and opened 1993.

d_fife

hannaford under construction on Rt. 11 where old Purity Surpeme was.

d_fife

this hannaford is in waterville maine in the elm plaza. that store is 43,000 square feet and was expanded from 24,000 to 43,000 square feet in 1993.

d_fife

this hannaford is in the JFK plaza in waterville.

d_fife

this hannaford is in the JFK plaza in waterville.

another picture of hannaford in jfk plaza in waterville.

d_fife

this hannaford is in Augusta near the turnpike mall, is 72,000 square feet and opened 1993.

this HAnnaford is on Willow st in Augusta maine near downtown and is 23,000 square feet.

d_fife

this HAnnaford is on Willow st in Augusta maine near downtown and is 23,000 square feet.

this is the sign of the hannaford in augusta maine on willow st.

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

hannaford in rutland vermont on main st and is 55,000 square feet and built in 1996. hannaford there was originally a 25,000 square foot martin's foods in the rutland mall.

from http://www.greenmountaindrywall.com/project.html

powersbt

Wow, makes my store appear to be a Monster. Mine is 110,000 sq. ft. and was opened in 1990. Went through a remodel in 1997, which they removed all of the racking off of the sales Floor, and changed the layout of the store. In 2003 we underwent the remodel which added the Nature's Place Department, and incorporated the Festival theme. I don't have any personal photos of my store, but I ought to see if I can borrow the photo albums from the store, and scan in a few photos of the store close to when it originally opened. They're pretty cool.