Hannaford

Started by d_fife, December 22, 2005, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the old shop 'n save in skowhegan that moved in like 1995 or 1996 or 1997 near wal-mart and was 28,000 sq.ft.

more of the old skowhegan one. this was before all shop 'n saves became hannaford.

d_fife

here is the current hannaford in skowhegan that is 44,000 sq.ft. and relocated from the old k-mart / kennebec plaza in like the mid 1990s.

powersbt

You weren't kidding when you described that store. Has to be the oddest looking Hannaford I have seen to date. Was it built this way for Hannaford??

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

the smallest Hannaford I have ever seen is in waldoboro maine. It was very small. new hannafords planned or may come to NH are in alton nh, kingston nh.  and one had been planned in tewksbury mass. I wonder which hannafords where sun foods at one time.

I never went into the Hannaford in Madison,ME but it's the smallest i've ever seen.  It a small building that does not have the shape of a supermarket or a retail store.  It looks like a big garage with the sign Hannaford...

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
You weren't kidding when you described that store. Has to be the oddest looking Hannaford I have seen to date. Was it built this way for Hannaford??

the smallest Hannaford I have ever seen is in waldoboro maine. It was very small. new hannafords planned or may come to NH are in alton nh, kingston nh.  and one had been planned in tewksbury mass. I wonder which hannafords where sun foods at one time.

I never went into the Hannaford in Madison,ME but it's the smallest i've ever seen.  It a small building that does not have the shape of a supermarket or a retail store.  It looks like a big garage with the sign Hannaford...

I cannot answer that. it is hard to say. well madison is a small town

powersbt

The question was posed to Zayre88 anyways.

I cannot answer that. it is hard to say. well madison is a small town

Zayre88

Well, i can't tell either.  It may have opened as a small independent supermarket and later got the Shop'n save brand.  Madison is a small town so that size fits.  It's also close to Skowhegan.

BillyGr

The top two photos are ofthe (now completed) Hannaford in Valatie (town of Kinderhook), NY - I had posted a photo of the store under construction previously.

Again, you can see some of the differences in the design due to town codes.

The 3rd shot is the Glenville NY store on Route 50 - relatively standard older design.

d_fife

here is the 50,000 sq.ft. hannaford in scarboro maine (or scarborough) that is being remodeled as of july 1, 2006.

d_fife

here is the 50,000 sq.ft. hannaford in scarboro maine (or scarborough) that is being remodeled as of july 1, 2006.

hannaford sign in scaroboro

d_fife

hannaford is saco maine that was remodeled a few years ago (I have pictures of it before it was remodeled and have yet to digitize those pictures).

d_fife

hannaford is saco maine that was remodeled a few years ago (I have pictures of it before it was remodeled and have yet to digitize those pictures).

more of saco maine one. it is on rt. 1 just off rt. 195 that is off exit 36 off rt. 95.

d_fife

more of saco maine one. it is on rt. 1 just off rt. 195 that is off exit 36 off rt. 95.

saco maine one.

d_fife

hannaford in biddeford maine that is 64,000 sq.ft. (it was expanded by 32,000 sq.ft. 15 yrs ago) and it is on rt. 1 between downtown and the way to rt. 95.

d_fife

hannaford in biddeford maine that is 64,000 sq.ft. (it was expanded by 32,000 sq.ft. 15 yrs ago) and it is on rt. 1 between downtown and the way to rt. 95.

biddeford maine one

d_fife

biddeford maine one

biddeford maine sign.

d_fife

hannaford in waterboro maine that opened in spring 2000 and is 48,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

waterboro store.

d_fife

waterboro store.

waterboro

d_fife

hannaford in wells maine that opened in like 1990 and is 44,000 sq.ft. and was remdoeled a few years ago and I have pictures of its old look I have yet to digitize.

d_fife

hannaford in wells maine that opened in like 1990 and is 44,000 sq.ft. and was remdoeled a few years ago and I have pictures of its old look I have yet to digitize.

sign of wells one

d_fife

hannaford in york maine thabt is 55,000 sq.ft. and opeend in 1999. on rt. 1

d_fife

hannaford in york maine thabt is 55,000 sq.ft. and opeend in 1999. on rt. 1

hannaford sign in york

d_fife

here is the hannaford in alton new hampshire that opened 1.5 months ago and is 36,000 sq.ft. and on the rt. 11 rotary.

d_fife

here is the hannaford in alton new hampshire that opened 1.5 months ago and is 36,000 sq.ft. and on the rt. 11 rotary.

alton one

d_fife

alton one

sign of alton one

d_fife

hannaford in gilford in the old rich's (now wal-mart) plaza and is 51,000 sq.ft and opened fall 1991. They plan on moving it across teh street in the old lakes region plaza.

d_fife

hannaford in gilford in the old rich's (now wal-mart) plaza and is 51,000 sq.ft and opened fall 1991. They plan on moving it across teh street in the old lakes region plaza.

sign of the gilford one

d_fife

hannaford in franklin nh on the border of tilton that opened fall 1992 and is 51,000 sq.ft.

powersbt

Looks bigger than 51,000. Looks more towards 65,000. Very Old School.

hannaford in franklin nh on the border of tilton that opened fall 1992 and is 51,000 sq.ft.

Zayre88

Looks bigger than 51,000. Looks more towards 65,000. Very Old School.

It looks quite large but 51,000 is possible.  Skowhegan has that same building style and it's 44,500 sf. according to the S.R.Weiner website.  

Here's the Bangor (Airport Mall) one.