Hannaford

Started by d_fife, December 22, 2005, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gu4ever

The Hannaford in Hooksett, NH was recently renovated to include new entrances, flooring and the latest department wall decor package.
This is a picture of the produce department.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

The bake shop at Hannafords of Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

Inbetween the 2 bake shops is the bread shop department. Here's a picture of the new department graphic sign in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

Next to the deli is a newly expanded prepared meals to go department in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The delicatessen in Hooksett, NH. The meals to go department is off to the right in this photo and Sushi bar and cheese shop is off to the left.

gu4ever

The fresh catch seafood department of Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

Custom cut meats in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The butcher shop in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The Dairy Department in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The new pharmacy in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The health and beauty department in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The grocery department graphics in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The grocery department graphics in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The Organic & Natural grocery department in Hooksett, NH.

gu4ever

The frozen food department in Hooksett was moved to the center of the store. This is a picture of the frozen food graphic in the Manchester, NH location.

gu4ever

The butcher shop in Manchester, NH with the new tiled graphics.

Zayre88

Nice pictures, nice to see these familiar stores renovated to a fresh new concept by Hannaford.

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
That sure does look like most of the new Stop & Shops - however it seems to be a strange spot for one.

S&S has only 6 stores in New Hampshire, and all of those are less than 20 miles from the NH/MA border, none of which are further than about 60 miles from the coast and 5 of the 6 (Bedford, Manchester x 2, Hudson and Milford) are within 10-15 miles of each other - the 6th is Exeter, closer to the coast but still not far from MA.  They also have only one listing in ME (Kennebunk, which isn't too far into ME from NH and probably only 25-30 miles (ish) from Exeter.

They have no stores in Vermont, which means that this store would be a good 70 miles from their nearest store (North Adams, Massachusetts), 1/2 or so of that via 2 lane roads with many towns to travel through, so probably a 1 1/2-2 hour trip each way to supply it.  Seem that if they wanted to move into Vermont, they would try a place like Bennington, or even Brattleboro on the other side, neither of which is more than 10 or 20 miles from their Massachusetts base.

Which leads me to this:

Not knowing when the store started being built, it is possible that the plan was for it to be a Tops Market?  Since Ahold owned Tops for a while, and they had that bunch of old Grand Union stores on the NY side of the border (the one in Whitehall, NY would have been only 25 miles +/- from Rutland), maybe they were thinking of expanding from that direction, and since being co-owned would have used the existing prototype store from S&S?

P.S. - I saw the Rio Grande one and thought that looked like a Stop & Shop also.  Was that a totally new store, or a replacement for one that had been part of the Giant (MD) chain when they converted those over to S&S?

Maybe I can clear up some of the questions. Stop and Shop indeed had planned to expand into Vermont, by first opening this store and following with more, although I don't know the locations off the top of my head. I would guess Bennington, maybe even Burlington. Anyway, the store was finished, the signs put up, and then Stop and Shop decided at the last minute to pull out and cease their expansion. So the store never opened, and about a month later, Hannaford moved in.

gu4ever

The store floor plan of Hooksett, NH that I often shop at.

standa

Interesting and unusual Hannaford, LaGrangeville, NY.

photo from Darlind Construction.

BillyGr

Quote from: standa on March 13, 2010, 04:58:00 PM
Interesting and unusual Hannaford, LaGrangeville, NY.

photo from Darlind Construction.

That has to be another one of those towns with very strict zoning rules - what it looks like is that they had to make the store look like a bunch of small stores rather than one big one (as it looks like it's 5 different buildings).

Looking it up on the store locator, it appears to be just off Route 55 and the Taconic Parkway (that's the only listing for LaGrangeville - even though the main "town" is a few miles away on Route 82). 

Caldor1999

so i went there yesterday for the first time ever and i have to say that this is one of the most over the top super markets i have ever been to they had two large fake trees in the produce section topped off with huge skylights everywhere they even had a section were you  can get your produce cut it was really weird to see that in a supermarket
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

MikeRa

Here is a pic of the current "Hannaford" packaging that is shared by sister stores Food Lion and Harvey's:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

retailisking

As a Mainer, it's kind of depressing to see Hannaford losing its regional identity.  More and more Hannaford-branded items have been replaced with generic Delhaize-branded products in the past year.

gu4ever

Quote from: retailisking on January 01, 2011, 07:00:19 PM
As a Mainer, it's kind of depressing to see Hannaford losing its regional identity.  More and more Hannaford-branded items have been replaced with generic Delhaize-branded products in the past year.
Shop at the manchester locations and have noticed the same thing, especially in the hbc departments, I had guessed they were just temporarily out of the store brand, each time I return to the shelf it's just a plain old generic with no Hannaford labeling.

MikeRa

Quote from: gu4ever on January 02, 2011, 05:02:52 PM
Quote from: retailisking on January 01, 2011, 07:00:19 PM
As a Mainer, it's kind of depressing to see Hannaford losing its regional identity.  More and more Hannaford-branded items have been replaced with generic Delhaize-branded products in the past year.
Shop at the manchester locations and have noticed the same thing, especially in the hbc departments, I had guessed they were just temporarily out of the store brand, each time I return to the shelf it's just a plain old generic with no Hannaford labeling.
Hannaford, it looks like, has had the DZA Brands (Healthy Accents, Home 360, ect...) since November, 2010.

Also, the "Hannaford" brand is now sold at all Bottom Dollar Food locations, even those in Food Lion territory
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

retailisking

Here's are some interior shots of the Kennebunk, ME store...this is a former Stop & Shop.

faz152

Not crazy about what Hannaford did with the decor in Kennebunk at all

RoleModel

Quote from: faz152 on February 24, 2011, 08:08:04 PM
Not crazy about what Hannaford did with the decor in Kennebunk at all

Me neither. Would it be a safe guess to venture that the Stop & Shop decor in this store was their pre-"new logo" superstore decor? If so, it's a definite downgrade.

retailisking

Yeah, this was definitely a pre-new-logo Stop & Shop location, like the Rutland location that was built but never operated as a S&S.  As you can see from this TV story about the store closing, the old logo was still in place but the cart attendant uniforms had transitioned to the new logo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fMFgzYSio