Main Menu

Trailer Sighting on I-395 (Dayville)

Started by greg8370, December 21, 2005, 11:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

An Ames trailer with the "Bargins by the bagful" slogan on it today north bound on I-95 in Waterford.  Almost drove off the raod when I saw the darn thing.  Any other sightings out there?  

P.S--Merry Christmas!

C. Fontaine

Wow!  Actually I was going south on I-395 just into Connecticut not too long ago and saw an OLD Caldor trailer, with this logo on a slant, going northbound.  The lettering was pinkish, I don't know if it was from weathering over the years or thats how it was but I also almost ran off the road!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Wow!  Actually I was going south on I-395 just into Connecticut not too long ago and saw an OLD Caldor trailer, with this logo on a slant, going northbound.  The lettering was pinkish, I don't know if it was from weathering over the years or thats how it was but I also almost ran off the road!

i saw one just like that in Jersey npot to long ago i also saw one with the newer logo on it i also found a Bradlees truck in teh back of a old path mark
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

DutchessMallMan

This is unreal that you guys saw a Ames truck to, my friend and I thought we were loosing our minds when we saw a Ames truck two times this past January driving once north-bound as I was drivng south bound in the Putnam area, and then later a few days later parked on the on ramp to the South bound lanes near the former Anchor glass location. The truck contained the Ames rig and trailor and was in almost mint condition. NOTHING WAS CHANGED FROM WHEN AMES USED IT. The driver was inside the cab, and my passanger who was not as excited as I was, thought the driver even quincidently had on a green trucking jump suite... unbelievable.. Every time I go out to Connecticut to see my friends I have been bringing my camera.. but sadely ive seen nothing since then... I just noticed you guys posted this thread and I got so excited and had to tell you guys my story... peace:)

d_fife

I remember hearing a Bradlees trailer by someone's house parked near their garage.

Anonymous

In dec of 2004 I saw A wolco truck parked in a khols lot in Orange C.T

Ameskid

Sometime last year, I saw an old Courier-style Big Lots/Odd Lots trailer on the highway.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Caldor1999

i dont know if this counts but i snached a bradlees recving sign a few weeks ago i also got a peice of the r on a caldor logo too
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

greg8370

Saw an Ames trailer last week in Waterford on I-95 going south.

Ameskid

A few days ago, I saw a Montgomery Ward's logo on a trailer. In West Virginia.

NorthEastAmesFan

I work for a soda company, and I know that I've used at least one painted-over Bradlees truck before:bounce:

HoJofan206

For "years" an old Arye-Way trailer was left for death near the riverfront near the old Henderson KY boat ramp.  It was removed about 3 years ago.  Wish I had a pic of it!

powersbt

I noticed today that there is an old Hechinger Trailer at a business that can be seen from the NYS Thruway. It would be on the right if going Westbound on I-90 I wanna say between Exits 35 and 35A. I believe it has been there for years as I remember seeing it before.

Zayre88

I saw this Woolco trailer today, yes Woolco.  The logo is faded and scratched but still there!

greg8370

Currently residing at PJ's Trucking in Uncasville, CT. on RT 32!

XISMZERO

What a find, Greg! Any chance it's the same one you found in Clinton a few years back?!

I was chasing an Ames Bargains By The Bagful truck a few weeks back on I-84 in the Hartford, CT area. I spotted it right off the I-91/84 interchange, coming off I-91 South, managing to catch up (in spite of risking my life) to grab some pictures of it. I'll post them once I get back at my home PC.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

greg8370

Good thought but different trailer #s when I compared the pics.  Here's the one that was in the back of the Clinton Stop and Shop in 2002.

XISMZERO

Don't know about you but they look the same to me! It seems as if they replaced the guards around the edges in the back but I want to say it's uncanny - they are the same.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

Oh man, it's crazy how many Ames trailers, at least here in the North East are still in use, with little effort to cover the logo's up!  When I used to commute to Worcester on 395/290 years back, I'd see them all the time!

greg8370

The one in Clinton has the Stop and Shop tag on it and the one in Uncasville doesn't have a scar from it being removed.  But they are similar.  It's a small world.

Ameskid

There are a few former Foley's trailers floating around the various Macy's locations in the Cincinnati area. No effort has been made to cover up the old logo.

While driving through Nashville, I saw a truck parked at a gas station with a former Jitney Jungle trailer attached - the decals had been removed, but the logo was still clear as day. Wish I could have stopped for a quick photo!

Whoser

Quote from: greg8370 on September 19, 2007, 10:03:57 PM
 Here's the one that was in the back of the Clinton Stop and Shop in 2002.

It's Still there too!

Ameskid

Spotted in 2006:

McCrory Trailer, Westminster, MD by Harvestman Man, on Flickr

A user from Hank's Truck Pictures saw this one in New York in July 2014.

Chuck E. Cheese

I Once saw a label-scarred Pier 1 trailer sitting around privately. They removed it.. I Would kill to see these trucks though!!

JJBers

I saw a Woolworths truck while driving up I-81 nearby Roanoke, VA
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)