Tee Jay's Zay Mart

Started by Zayre88, January 12, 2005, 07:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

I always wandered why that store had that name ... a mix of Tj maxx, Zayre, Kmart ...what is your idea on what the authors meant with that scene ?

and there's the small sign saying:

Dressing Rooms across street in Gorham Bldg. :P

store215

Heh. I was just thinking about that a few days ago..I believe that episode was made int eh early 90's...after Zayre was gone. Very strange though.

(There is also an episode of The Simpsons when Bart raddles of a list of stores like a witch's spell (one of the halloween episodes), does anyone know which one this is?)

Zayre88

Bart (chanting from the spellbook): Cullen, Rayburn, Nars, Trebek...Zabars, Kresge, Caldor, Wal-Mart.

:roll:

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Bart (chanting from the spellbook): Cullen, Rayburn, Nars, Trebek...Zabars, Kresge, Caldor, Wal-Mart.

Whoah! Caldor was actually mentioned on the Simpsons?

idea of TEE JAYS ZAY MART

TJ Maxx Zayre K mart or Walmart

Caldor1999

i have that one on DVD he rase the dead with thoughs words:bounce::bouncing::roll::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

i have that one on DVD he rase the dead with thoughs words:bounce::bouncing::roll::bounce:

funny nowadays that would raise dead retail chains!

lol:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:

a little too much I know

Caldor1999

to bad he can't rase Caldor from the dead:no::(:hurt:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

i was watching the Simpsons last week and Homer was reading a book called Montgomery Warden and it looked just like the Montgomery Ward logo they used in the early 90's

I noticed that too !!  It's a mix between Montgomery Ward and Montgomery Burns Warden of the prison.

Here's a blurry picture:

Caldor1999

i was watching the Simpsons last week and Homer was reading a book called Montgomery Warden and it looked just like the Montgomery Ward logo they used in the early 90's

I noticed that too !!  It's a mix between Montgomery Ward and Montgomery Burns Warden of the prison.

Here's a blurry picture:

yep that was the one
Caldor Forever!

Crawford

If you listen to the commentary on the episode from the 7th season set, one of the writers was from Hyannis and there was a Zayre there as he was growing up. So he included Marge and Lisa shopping in a Zayre type of store  for clothes.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Zayre88

A close up of the Catalog

Zayre88

Looks a lot like that logo of Wards...

Pikapower

Quote from: Zayre88 on January 12, 2005, 08:14:36 PM

Bart Simpson din't say "Zabars" he siad "Zayre" before he siad Kresge, Caldor, Wal-Mart and i'm surprised that Kresge (now known as K-Mart) and Caldor were mention on The Simpsons.

Also I think Tee Jay's Zay Mart might be a parody on T.J. Maxx and K-Mart.

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Pikapower on July 08, 2011, 02:16:56 PM

Bart Simpson din't say "Zabars" he siad "Zayre" before he siad Kresge, Caldor, Wal-Mart and i'm surprised that Kresge (now known as K-Mart) and Caldor were mention on The Simpsons.

Also I think Tee Jay's Zay Mart might be a parody on T.J. Maxx and K-Mart.

He did say Zabar's. I saw the episode. If you don't believe me or anyone else on here, just go back and watch the episode.
Here is the Zabar's Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabar%27s

Pikapower

I think that "Tee Jay's Zay Mart" is combo parody on T.J. Maxx, Zayre, and K-Mart according to the name!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia