Westfarms

Started by TRU7536, December 19, 2005, 01:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

I posted a new pictures of the new main entrance of the mall and some of the new stores that came to Westfarms.

Question, i redid the Wikipedia page for WestFarms due to it being so blah. Does anyone know how to post pictures of there website?

AmesNewington

That's beautiful. I haven't been to Westfarms since the holidays and briefly saw the main entrance en route to Sears. It sure gives Westfarms the upscale image it hoped for.

Marc82

Went to Westfarms on Tuesday with Rodent. Wasn't impressed. Also didnt see all the stores. *flips the bird to Westfarms Mall* I'd rather go to Meriden Square or Brass Mill.

TRU7536

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Went to Westfarms on Tuesday with Rodent. Wasn't impressed. Also didnt see all the stores. *flips the bird to Westfarms Mall* I'd rather go to Meriden Square or Brass Mill.

lol... WestFarms deals with a different clietele that Brass Mills and Meriden.. I wouldnt ever walk into those malls again not my sytle. But everyone has their own tastes as long as we are helping the economy its all good!

TRU7536

With stores like Louis Vuitton, Tiffanys, Cole Haan, another upscale boutique is set to open soon, True Religion Jeans.

TRU7536

Two new stores being confirmed for 2013...Tory Burch and Kiehl's Since 1851.

Still cant see why Jcpenny's is still in this mall, it doesnt fit what the mall is now, as in the last 5 years it has become CT's upscale mall. Hands down, my favorite one to go to. All we need is a AX and i will be happy!

ynkeesfn82

Haven't been since there since 2009 when I went with my friend Rodent and we're not even friends anymore. If anyone wants to know why I'm not friends with him anymore send me a private message here or on Facebook.

P.S. As mentioned before I don't like this mall, but I'm disappointed that they did away with the Holiday Shuttle Service.

TRU7536

Quote from: TRU7536 on February 14, 2009, 07:19:13 PM
I posted a new pictures of the new main entrance of the mall and some of the new stores that came to Westfarms.

Question, i redid the Wikipedia page for WestFarms due to it being so blah. Does anyone know how to post pictures of there website?

The mall is set to redo the other entrance by California pizza kitchen to look like the main one.

Store set to open this year:
Athleta
Kiehl’s Since 1851
Tory Burch
Tommy Bahama

As we know, Rain forrest cafe closed after over 10 years in the mall. Forever 21 will take it over and the former champs and things remember to be a 25,000 foot store.

Love this mall, all we need is a Kenneth Cole and Armani Exchange and i be happy! Best mall around, live in Manchester and Buckland, like Brass Mills and Meriden are jokes!

ynkeesfn82

An article from today's Bristol Press talking about the new stores plus the fact that the mall is turning 40 soon.

http://bristolpress.com/articles/2013/04/13/news/doc5168c566b7220806698012.txt

TRU7536

So I decided to take a walk around the mall today.

1. they are redoing all there seating areas, they have ripped them all out.
2. they should be done with a new make over entrance by California Pizza before the xmas season
3. There are 3 empty spots in the mall: the former Victorinox (I am surprised this place last this long, since its in a weird location, upstairs bw the entrance to Lord and Taylor and the hallway from Jcrew). A store next to footlocker on the first floor and the former Cole Haan in the second floor.
4. Forever 21 will open a new/relocated 25,000 foot store soon in the former spots of Rain Forest Café, Things Remembered, and Champs spots.
5. l'occitane is coming back to the mall soon, first floor center court.

I think center court is the place to be and I have a feeling the rents must be higher since its home to a lot of luxury stores (Michael Kors, Tiffanys, Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, etc.

They are expected to announce some new store for 2014 every soon, since they already have a company to take over the soon to be former forever 21 once they move.

Two things that bug me about this mall, its still my favorite:
1. Way to much focus on women apparel. They need to add more stores catering to men.
2. When new stores comes in or relocate, they take over more than one spot. Forever 21 is taking over 3 spots, so the number of stores goes from over 160 to a little over 150. They really need to stop that or expand the mall, we all know its CT most popular mall.

farmingtonvalleymall

Quote from: TRU7536 on August 05, 2013, 03:27:32 PM

Yeah I saw this the other day. I was bummed when the original seating pits, hidden under the escalators/stairs, were removed years ago.

TRU7536

Quote from: farmingtonvalleymall on August 16, 2013, 10:05:42 AM
Quote from: TRU7536 on August 05, 2013, 03:27:32 PM

Yeah I saw this the other day. I was bummed when the original seating pits, hidden under the escalators/stairs, were removed years ago.

clearly I never paid much attention to the seating. Always thought the pit was still there by JcPennys lol. Honestly, Pennys is the only thing still left about what the mall was before Nordstroms came along. The last few years, the mall clearly has taken a turn to become very upscale. Pennys doesn't even fit with what that mall has become and I know a lot of people want it gone in favor for a Bloomingdales.

farmingtonvalleymall

Quote from: TRU7536 on August 18, 2013, 07:43:40 PM
clearly I never paid much attention to the seating. Always thought the pit was still there by JcPennys lol. Honestly, Pennys is the only thing still left about what the mall was before Nordstroms came along. The last few years, the mall clearly has taken a turn to become very upscale. Pennys doesn't even fit with what that mall has become and I know a lot of people want it gone in favor for a Bloomingdales.

The older seating pits I was referring to were literally tucked under the stairs/escalators at the Penney's and G. Foxx (now Macy's) end).  They were one way in/out only, you went down 3-5 steps and it was sort of walled in. It was fairly dark in those too as I don't think there were lights. They looked mostly just like the recently removed one in front of Nordstroms if to took that one and move it under the escalator and close off one end. It was a good way to 'get away' from other shoppers and stay hidden in the pit. I spent a good deal of time in those as a kid waiting while my mother shopped. One day they were just totally gone and replaced with vending machines.

Actually I miss the white poles with synchronous blinking lights even more  :'(

ynkeesfn82

A temporary store for the Christmas Season is opening soon. It's called Christmas in the City. It's not yet on their website but I saw a Help Wanted Ad on Craigslist. Their website is: http://www.christmasandcity.com/

ynkeesfn82

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on October 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM
Westfarms is getting a Microsoft Store.

That is interesting, guess the little kiosk they has since last year must have been a success for them to be opening a physical store.

TRU7536

Quote from: TRU7536 on October 23, 2013, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: Marc B on October 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM
Westfarms is getting a Microsoft Store.

That is interesting, guess the little kiosk they has since last year must have been a success for them to be opening a physical store.

Microsoft is moving into the old Forever 21 location upstairs. Went to the mall on Saturday and boy was it packed beyond words. They also have all their holiday decorations out as well.

The have the new seating areas up and running and they kind of look tacky if you ask me. I don't think they are done yet.

ynkeesfn82

Build-a-Bear Worshop at Westfarms Mall is closing for good on Sunday February 23rd, 2014. Locations at Buckland Hills, Danbury Fair, and Westfield Trumbull will remain open.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/24754016/build-a-bear-in-westfarms-mall-to-close

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on February 18, 2014, 01:49:27 PM
Build-a-Bear Worshop at Westfarms Mall is closing for good on Sunday February 23rd, 2014. Locations at Buckland Hills, Danbury Fair, and Westfield Trumbull will remain open.

Yea because a Lego Store is replacing it.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on February 18, 2014, 05:53:29 PM
Yea because a Lego Store is replacing it.

I knew Lego was opening at Westfarms, but I didn't know where it was going. I also wish they would put a Lego Store at a mall I actually go to like Meriden Square or Brass Mill and not these stupid over-priced malls like Westfarms and Danbury Fair where you have to have an income of at least $100,000 a year to shop at.

TRU7536

Holy Xmas batman! I went to the mall today and it was beyond packed. Was hard trying to find a parking space and the crowds inside were insane.

Looks like the mall has found a new project. After redoing the two major entrances and the seating areas last few years, the mall is now focusing on re-doing the center court. It is currently blocked off and with a major gaping hole in the center of the mall. The new center court will be ready by late 2014.

Today was the grand opening of the much anticipated Microsoft store. Boy, were they busy and it didn't stop the Apple store though. They were jammed pack as well.

Along with Microsoft, Spanx and BCBG are expecting to open soon. BCBG is another former store coming back to the mall since leaving a few years ago. l'occitane came back late last year after leaving the mall a few years ago. Build a Bear is officially gone and the Lego Store is taking over its space later in the year.

As far as empty stores, not that many really. Gilly Hicks is now closed (as Abercrombie closed them all), restoration hardware (heard the mall wants to split this space into 2 or 3 separate stores, victorinox, and some jewelry store that Starbucks is in temporary.

Between now and November, we will hear what other stores will be coming to the mall and what others will be leaving.

ynkeesfn82

A lot of people were at The Microsoft Store to see the Country Group Florida-Georgia Line.

TRU7536

Today I decided to go to the mall since I really wanted to see what the new iPhone looks like. As I am walking on the lower level something caught my eye, Build a Bear is returning and opening in late November in a new location. It made me chuckle as I walked by, as it's like the third store I know that has got kicked out and is coming back lol.

Center court is almost done and so is the updated entrance bw Ruby a Tuesday and ATT.

TRU7536

Its March, so expect stores to leave and come in the next couple of months. All remodels to center court and entrance by Ruby Tuesday are complete and new "WestFarms" signs been added to each entrance off New Britain Ave.

Many of the stores that closed so far are companies that closed all their stores and stuck with online shopping:

Ruum
Gilly Hicks
Carlo Pazolini
Mrs. Fields cookie store
Lids
Cache, company is going bankrupt will soon close
Select comfort mattress's looks like they lost their spot in center court and relocated behind JCrew.

Three new stores have already been announced:
David's Tea
Lucky Brand Jeans (own a few shirts from them)
Vans

We will probably see a lot more stores coming in before years end with all construction completed, WestFarms always has a great record of being anywhere from 95% to 98% fully occupied.

TRU7536

Btw after being kicked out to make room for Lego, they came back a few months later across the hall.