Oxford Valley Mall

Started by storehistoryguy, December 18, 2005, 10:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

This Best still sits out in the parking lot, abandon.

storehistoryguy

Marc82

What's so thrilling about this mall? I didn't get to go because of an incident on The Schuykill Express Way, but my one of my friends I was visiting in King of Prussia told me this was the other mall I had to see besides the K.o.P. Mall. Ironically the day I arrived in King of Prussia, Oxford Valley Mall was closed down because of issues with Carbon Monoxide.

ynkeesfn82

A 7 year old boy was injured at the mall Sunday December 14th after his foot got caught in an escalator.

Here's the story from FOX 29: http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/27626354/boy-flown

Editor's Note: It seems to me this article is very awkwardly written.

MikeRa

There was an article in the Bucks County Courier Times this past sunday, 12/14/2014, about the book "Shop Pomeroy's First" and the newspaper said Pomeroy's was in Oxford Valley Mall.  i know for a fact that the original 4 anchors were:

• John Wanamaker
  • JCPenney
  • Gimbel Brothers
  • Bamberger's, A Division of R. H. Macy Co.

Of course today, the Bamberger's is Macy's, Gimbels became Stern's, and then Sears, and the John Wanamaker was later HECHT'S, strawbridge's, and Boscov's, and is now vacant.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

mixedday

The Oxford Valley Mall is close to very good demographics, with nearby Yardley and Newtown, PA.

However, the mall itself is somewhat secluded and not highway visible. It must be a challenge for the mall owner that it can't fill the Boscov space, or even figure out how to redevelop it.

I think Boscov decided to consolidate as it's in Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem, PA. Many from this area also visit the Quakerbridge Mall, Princeton area to shop, but fewer from Princeton would go to Oxford Valley area to shop.