Main Menu

Media Play

Started by store215, December 14, 2005, 04:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears teh isnde of teh media play in the south hills mall and  i must say it had a nice entrance
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

Found this online:

Through next month, Trans World will be grand-opening six new super F.Y.E. storefronts inside old Media Play outlets, which were closed by Musicland late last year. Four of the rebranded sites are in Utah and two are located in New York, and interiors and exteriors have all been renovated. Super F.Y.E. stores average 24,000 square feet and carry expanded product selection.

So it looks like "Media Play" is coming back somewhat. The article said the stores will still have books, but not as many. (Not suprised as FYE, and the old Musicland, don't/didn't know much about books anyway)

FYE is also expanding! the Suncoast brand, while slowly fading out the Sam Goodby brand.

d_fife

here is the vacant media play in henrietta (outside rochester) ny (on 1/2 mile from the mall), vacant as of june 1, 2006 ,but it is a temporary book store as some of them are.

d_fife

as of june 1, 2006. here is the vacant media play in greece ny west of the mall in this plaa with kmart and wegmans, and on the window: look whats becoming!!!!!!! I did not notice that until I saw the picture.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the vacant media play in greece ny west of the mall in this plaa with kmart and wegmans, and on the window: look whats becoming!!!!!!! I did not notice that until I saw the picture.

more of hte vacant one in greece

d_fife

vacant one in niagara falls ny as of june 2, 2006.

d_fife

vacant one in amherst ny (near buffalo) near the toys r us and tj maxx and circuit city and down the road from the mall, as of june 3, 2006

d_fife

here is the vacant one in clarence / williamsville ny (near buffalo) as of june 3, 2006.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the vacant one in clarence / williamsville ny (near buffalo) as of june 3, 2006.

clarence / williamsville, the sign.

d_fife

here is the media play in hamburg / blasdell ny (near buffalo) near the mall vacant as of june 4, 2006.

d_fife

here is teh vacant media play in erie pa (pennsylvania) in the kohl's / wal-mart / lowe's plaza, as of june 5, 2006.

d_fife

here is what could have been the vacant media play in cheektowaga ny (near buffalo) as of june 3, 2006.

store215

A few of those NY stores are apparently reopening as FYE'S...I wonder which ones

Caldor1999

i know the middletown one is become a michles and whats about the onme in the south hills mall?
Caldor Forever!

shakethis1234

Fye bought music land co and some media play stores and and bough 2 media play stores in buffalo plans to reopen them up as media play

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
i know the middletown one is become a michles and whats about the onme in the south hills mall?

i don't know waht the south hills one will become but I am assuming it will be torn down as I think (this is my speculation) they will tear some of the parts of the mall down or it will be sublet to other places.

ocguy

The Middletown Media Play was in the space that was once an Ames. I don't know exactly when it opened and closed but it wasn't open for very long.  I think it opened in 1989 or 1990 and was closed before 1994.

Pikapower

The Media Play on Walden Ave. in Cheektowaga, NY is now an Oliee's Bargin Outlet.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Hudsons81

The Media Play in the Taylor Retail Center on Eureka Road in Taylor, Michigan has been subdivided into three new spaces. Lumber Liquidators has officially opened their newest location in one of these spaces.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2014/08/27/news/doc53fcc93303e2c885584901.txt

The article also mentions that the other two spaces will soon be filled by Party City (which will be relocating from their current location next to the Kohl's in another shopping center next to Southland Center) and an indoor trampoline park called Sky Zone.

This, plus the relocation of an existing Big Lots elsewhere in Taylor into the former Circuit City and the opening of Panera Bread in the long-vacant Rio Bravo (both in the same center), has played a role in the rejuvenation of the previously half-dead Taylor Retail Center.

Hudsons81

Guess what I found hiding in a drawer today.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on July 09, 2015, 04:52:03 AM
Here is my main memory of Media Play, I was living in New Britain at the time, so I probably went to a nearby location (Southington maybe, I honestly can't remember), anyway, I liked the store, it was there where I purchased an IRON GIANT VHS, with the little figure inside and a giant plush of SHREK, I was probably seven at the time, the people were nice, and the store was set up better (with better prices) than most of today's FYE stores. Sadly, I think in the days of Netflix and Amazon, these stores won't hold on for much longer. I miss Media Play, was sad to see them go. Oh the feels are coming on strong right now.  :'(

Probably Newington right off The Turnpike in the Plaza with Shaw's. These days Shaw's is Stop & Shop. Media Play is now Bob's Clothing & Footwear. Southington did not have one.

Pikapower

The Media Play, I used to go to was by the Regal Cinemas on Transit Road in Williamsville, NY that is now a Hobby Lobby store.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia