Main Menu

Lord & Taylor

Started by amesman, January 11, 2005, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

KyleRF

Since when does Lord and Taylor have a clearance outlet?

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor in Scarsdale, New York.

(Notice the old, readable logo)

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor in my home town of Wayne, New Jersey.

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor of Woodbridge, New Jersey

KyleRF

Lord and Taylor in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.

KyleRF

Lord and Taylor of Paramus, NJ (Garden State Plaza)

KyleRF

Lord and Taylor of Bridgewater, New Jersey (my favorite one)

KyleRF

Lord and Taylor of Livingston, New Jersey (on the right of Macy's)

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

KyleRF

They have the old logo's! By the way, I will upload a picture of the South Shore location soon. It has the new logo.

KyleRF

Lord and Taylor of Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. Old logo location.

KyleRF

Someone tell me where that closed Lord and Taylor on page 2 of this Lord and Taylor thread is and they will be rewarded if it is true!

(Could it be Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, that closed in 1989?)

Anyone with true information please post. Thanks.

d_fife

here is a lord and taylor that closed in pittsburgh pa

from Len Boselovic and dan fitzpatrick and Ben Bensolvic http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03212/207441.stm

d_fife

here is the lord and taylor in watertower place in chicago il

from http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/lecentre1/lordandtaylor.html

d_fife

http://finanzen.net/news/news_detail.asp?NewsNr=380006

says Federated to Close or Convert Six Lord & Taylor Stores; Center City Philadelphia Lord & Taylor to become Macy's
 10.03.2006 15:00:00

Federated Department Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FD)(PCX:FD)today announced it will close five underperforming Lord & Taylorstores and convert one other to Macy's.
The following stores will close in late July or early August 2006following the completion of clearance sales that are scheduled tobegin April 30:

-- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis, MO (115,000 square feet; opened in 1991; 114 employees);

-- West County, St. Louis, MO (140,000 square feet; opened in 2002; 117 employees);

-- Christiana Mall, Newark, DE (129,000 square feet; opened 1997; 131 employees);

-- Fairlane Town Center, Dearborn, MI (122,000 square feet; opened 1978; 131 employees);

-- Northshore Mall, Peabody, MA (114,000 square feet; opened in 1993; 122 employees).

In addition, Federated will convert the current Lord & Taylorstore in downtown Philadelphia (354,000 square feet; opened in 1997;198 employees) to a Macy's. This Lord & Taylor is expected to close onor about June 1, 2006, after completion of a clearance sale thatbegins April 2. It will open as Macy's on or about Aug. 1, 2006,following some minor remodeling.

The Strawbridge's store in downtown Philadelphia (621,000 squarefeet; opened in 1868; 310 employees) will close on or about June 1,2006, after completion of a clearance sale that will begin April 2.Federated will seek buyers or replacement tenants for space currentlyoccupied by Strawbridge's.

Employees at all Lord & Taylor stores to be closed will beeligible for severance and outplacement assistance. In addition,employees of both downtown Philadelphia stores will be given firstconsideration for positions to be created at the new downtown Macy'sstore and surrounding Macy's locations.

The remaining 49 Lord & Taylor stores in New Jersey, New York,Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan,Pennsylvania, Florida and the District of Columbia will remain openand operating. As previously announced, Federated continues to pursuedivestiture of its Lord & Taylor division, and a transaction isexpected before the end of 2006.

Federated acquired Lord & Taylor in August 2005 as part of itsmerger with The May Department Stores Company.

KyleRF

I wonder what will happen when they get taken over by another chain. Perhaps they will open up new stores.

At least the Lord and Taylor's in New Jersey are staying open for now.

Please let us know if any other stores close.

d_fife

here is the 150,000 sf Lord and taylor in the garden state plaza in paramus nj on the junctions of state highways 4 and 17.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1142040951&subNum=40205000004

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor of Rockaway, New Jersey. It may be kind of hard to see, but on the left side of the building is the logo. Reminds me of the Danbury location.

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor of Bayshore, New York. Notice how easy it is to read.

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor of Sterling, Virginia in the Dulles Town Center.

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor in Washington, DC, at the Chevy Chase Shopping Center.

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor that will be closed soon in St. Louis, Missouri

KyleRF

This was the Lord and Taylor at the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina.

More Lord and Taylor pics coming soon: King of Prussia, Wayne, Boston

Any more locations you want me to find? Post here.

d_fife

how come lord and taylor never had any in new hampshire? the first time I saw one was in early 1995 when I went to the natick mall.

I still do not know what they will do when lord and taylor is sold.

KyleRF

What does the Natick Mall location look like?

KyleRF

Here is the Lord and Taylor of Oak Brook, Illinois

Looks like the Fashion Center in Paramus, New Jersey, location, but with the new logo.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by KyleRF
What does the Natick Mall location look like?

it looks like most of the 1990s ones.

KyleRF

Do you have any pics of Natick or South Shore in Mass. locations?

South Shore looks like Bridgewater Commons.