Down with Kohl's!!!

Started by storehistoryguy, December 11, 2005, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XDeSuEhTX

Nope. Sorry, I like Kohl's.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I used to like their toy department before it was pared down to just baby toys. The have become more disappointing since then. They need to do what Sears did - add a grocery section. Then they can compete with Sears Grand.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
Kohl's is the most BORING store I've been into. More boring than JCPenney!
THAT'S BECAUSE KOHL'S APPEALS TO WOMEN! It's a department store that appeals to women. That's why you think it's so BORING. It is supposed to be a department store. If YOU don't like that store, go shop somewhere else. Plain and simple as that! If you have nothing nice to say about KOHL'S, shut the F#@% up! And besides that, Kohl's is owned by U.S. senator Herb Kohl.

Kohl's is like a big-box Sears, more so than Target.

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
Kohl's is the most BORING store I've been into. More boring than JCPenney!
THAT'S BECAUSE KOHL'S APPEALS TO WOMEN! It's a department store that appeals to women. That's why you think it's so BORING. It is supposed to be a department store. If YOU don't like that store, go shop somewhere else. Plain and simple as that! If you have nothing nice to say about KOHL'S, shut the F#@% up! And besides that, Kohl's is owned by U.S. senator Herb Kohl.

Kohl's is like a big-box Sears, more so than Target.

The Kohl's website calls their stores "department stores," Kohl's anchors many shopping malls in Wisconsin, along with the ShopKo discount stores. YES...Kohl's is a department store, but it is not a traditional department store.

zonemad96

I don't care for kohls they seem a bit too expensive on their clothing department for me to really bother though once every year or two I will buy a shirt from them but that's about it. I guess im just the type of person who would rather just shop at kmart or walmart.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Caldor1999 on February 20, 2006, 01:54:39 PM
i like them i just dont liek teh fact that they had to take over so many former stiores
I have never been a Kohl's person at all. I prefer JCPenney as my main preferred department store. At the same time, they did take over a Kmart store around me that closed back in 2003 as well as an Ames store that shut down in 1990 from Ames's first bankruptcy.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

If JCPenney does go under, I will definitely take my local JC's 5star OUTLET Store over Kohl's.

TheFugitive

One Kohl's store near me is an EXCELLENT store (very clean, well-stocked, plenty of help)
while the other is a dingy, understaffed dump.

The difference in store management, no doubt.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TheFugitive on January 31, 2014, 04:32:58 PM
The difference in store management, no doubt.

That goes with any store. In my area - Connecticut - Family Dollar is run-down/a mess in Bristol, Plainville, and one in New Britain, while the one that opened in Southington over the summer is really nice. Then again Southington in a  much nice town than those other 3 towns. Then again when Family Dollar briefly had 2 stores in Bristol the one downtown was run-down while the other on Route 6 was really nice. That one closed after only 5 years, saying they couldn't compete with the Big Lots in the same plaza. Ironically these days Big Lots is struggling.

TheFugitive

Kohl's in my view suffers from a serious lack of consistency.

There are two Kohl's locations near my home.  One is a bright, shiny, well-stocked,
clean, organized and well-run store.  The other is an absolute disaster area.

Hard to believe they are part of the same company, and are likely reporting
to the same DM.

ynkeesfn82

My Mom ordered 6 pairs of un-mentionables from Kohls.com and they split the order in half. 3 pairs were delivered yesterday by UPS. The other 3 are supposed to come by tomorrow by FED EX.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

giantsfan2016

Customer service sucks. Went to the jewelry department at the Plainville, Connecticut location to look at a watch. The lady was waiting on another customer. We were the only 2 customers at jewelry department. While I was waiting two more customers showed up. When the lady was done with the customer she waited on the other two customers instead of me. I walked out of the store without buying anything muttering the words "This is complete bullfrickin stuff" as I left.

Pikapower

Quote from: ShopKoFan on January 28, 2009, 08:13:37 PM
Yes, Kohl's has MEDIOCRE and OVERRATED written all over it, especially in Wisconsin, where they are based. They are trying to copy Sears and JCPenney. We can see through their smoke and mirrors.:mad:

I kind of blame Kohl's for why Sears and JCPenney are failing!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

They're also the reason why some malls in the Midwest are doing better than others, but still, Kohl's is the "glue" keeping some of those malls together along with the Shopko stores and Target stores anchoring those malls, while other malls, which are losing Macy's, Sears or JCPenney are struggling.

giantsfan2016

So this witch working in the Jewelry department at the Plainville, Connecticut store today was telling people she can't ring them up at her register unless they were buying jewelry. What a lying bitch. She should be fired for not doing her job. She is supposed to ring up any customer - not just customers buying jewelry. If I'm shopping at Walmart or Target I can go to any register in the store to get my purchase rung up. The same at bigger stores such as JCP and Sears.

shore72

There was a particular style of ring that my wife wanted for Christmas. We'd found it in Boscov's & JC Penney, among other places. Last weekend we were in Kohl's and since they had what she wanted I bought it. The jewelry clerk wasn't extremely friendly but she did give us an extra discount that we weren't expecting. Unlike the other stores, they couldn't have it sized for us so I took it to an independent jeweler. (I felt bad about not buying it there but they didn't have what she wanted.) The store owner asked me the value & when I told her what we paid she couldn't believe how inexpensive it was. It likely will cost more to size it than it did to buy!