Long John's Silvers

Started by df559, October 28, 2005, 03:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

df559

Here's my local LJS... or what's left of it! This was an old 70's location that did not have a drive-thru. Possibly they're building a new one with a drive thru?

Ames#1171

We have a Long John's that still looks like that here in Cleveland.  We also have on that has a Taco Bell and Long John Silvers in one building.  I'll post a pic as soon as I can get out there!!
Ames" border="0

TRU7536

i never heard of this place, but they have them in hartford ct, i saw one with taco bell when i went into mcdanolds, what do they serve their?

Ames#1171

Long John Silvers is a seafood restaurant that also has chicken dishes.  Here is their website: http://www.longjohnsilvers.com/

I really like eating there, the chicken is very good, can?t speak about the fish though, I?m not a seafood person!
Ames" border="0

df559

There's a banner up on the property now anouncing a combo LJS/A&W Coming Soon. There's already a combo Taco Bell/Pizza Hut next door.

d_fife

here is an old old looking long john silver's in williamsport pa.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is an old old looking long john silver's in williamsport pa.

There were a few older ones in the Albany area (Wolf Road, Latham at least) - they were of the style that looked like a waterfront (complete with rope railings and such).  Those were closed about 5 years ago (or a bit more) - now they have just started (in the last couple years) doing the Taco Bell - Long John Silver combos in this area - so there weren't any LJS at all for a couple years.

d_fife

the one in hartford ct near the new wal-mart

d_fife

HoJofan206

Here is a former LJS location.

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

Today is Friday!  Fish day at LJS

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

Former LJS being used to house a Thai restaurant.

HoJofan206

Former Atlanta Georgia Long John Silvers location.

HoJofan206

Former Huntsville Alabama location.

HoJofan206

Former Monroe Michigan location

HoJofan206

Former Niles Ohio location

HoJofan206

Former LJS in Columbus Ohio

HoJofan206

Another former LJS in Columbus Ohio

Ames#1171

QuoteOriginally posted by Ames#1171

...we also have on that has a Taco Bell and Long John Silvers in one building.  I'll post a pic as soon as I can get out there!!

Well it's almost two years later, but here are the pics I promised!  I finally had time to take my camera around and take some pics to post on the board.

Ames" border="0

HoJofan206

FearlessSwan

Former LJS location in Largo, FL

The current one, paired up with an A&W.

wiseguy93

Former Long Johns' in Norton, Virginia. Notice the wall in front it was built by my great grandfather,years back. This is where the city Pool use to be located. Back to Long John's it was built in the late 1970's you can tell that by looking at the style of building. Closed down around 2003. Why??? we don't know. They closed this one and the one in Big Stone Gap, Virginia which is about ten miles away. But left one in Penington Gap open which is about 20 miles away. I heard the least was up on the building and they didn't want to resign becasue the building was old. Hopefully they will build one in the new Super Wal Mart shopping center. But here's a picture of the former Long John's now a Mefirca Minca Mexican Restruant. And it is really good. the best one around.

TheFugitive

Ate here for the first time in a long time last Saturday.
First thing I noticed is that I didn't get any "crumblies" with my meal
(leftover bits of batter from the fish frying).  LJS actually used to promote them.

My guess is that once the government started making them post calorie counts
on the menu the crumblies were artificially inflating the calorie count.

Did anybody ever actually eat these things?