Main Menu

The Ceiling Fan Eisle

Started by richway987, June 25, 2008, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richway987

hey everybody, im christian. im 15, and im a ceiling fan enthusiast and collector. I am also interested in old department stores. I remember going to service merchandise, sears, and even kmart and being fascinated by the ceiling fan displays in the stores, but this was back in the 90's. unfortunately, the fan displays were taken out follwing  the sears/kmart merger:duh:. what other stores in the 80's and 90's had ceiling fan displays?

C. Fontaine

richway987

CTAmeshopper

I've seen ceiling fans in Lowe's and Home Depot (built here in 1997 or so) so far, I'm not quite sure if the defunct ones like Caldor (I think they might have) ,Ames,or Bradlees had them though.

my memory goes only far back as to 1990 I'm afraid.:flaming:

:(

Ameskid

I'm sure hardware stores such as Builder's Square, Grossman's, Scotty's, or HQ/Hechinger had them, along with Best.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

beachgal26

Being a "baby boomer" I've seen just about everything and remember ceiling fans in the good old days in smaller stores like a Kreske since there was no A/C in all stores.  (Since this was decades before global warming, it just never seemed to get that hot, but we sure loved as the stores added central A/C in the summer!)

;)

richway987

I know for a fact that service merchandise had them. Walmart still has them, but the fans that walmart sells today are complete trash:barf:

beachgal26

Richway, while I love your avatar, I have to disagree about the fans at Wal-Mart.  I have only bought floor and table fans in the past, but they seem to last for a long time before dying out.  (I'm talking 10+ years!)

:yup:

richway987

well back before 2000  walmart sold good fans made by a company called lasko who makes only box and table fans now. walmart also sold hunter fans back then

beachgal26

Hunter fans are the best and I wouldn't buy any other brand.

;)

richway987

yeah they're the best fans in their price range, and hunter is headquartered in memphis beachgal26

Mobil

My earliest memories date back to 1995. One of them is  when I was at Home Depot, mesmerized by the baseball (and other fans) they had.

JarvisTummy

I seen a shop rite in my area with White Celling fans

richway987

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
My earliest memories date back to 1995. One of them is  when I was at Home Depot, mesmerized by the baseball (and other fans) they had.

I'm sure your talking about this fan:

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by richway987
QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

I'm sure your talking about this fan:

You were there too, back in the day! It said on Fanshack that it was introduced about 10 years ago, makes perfect sense. I have a rainbow-colored Hampton Bay fan, a Home Depot product, from 2001. Now it looks ancient.

richway987

the one you have, mobil, is a hampton bay carousel.

TRJ22487

One of my favorite memories as a little kid were stores that would have an eisle specifically with running ceiling fans. It's something I haven't seen in a department store in easily over a decade. I can't remember though if it was Ames I am remembering this from, or Rich's, or a different store even.

TRJ22487

Ahh, didn't see this topic, thanks for moving my post

The more I think about it, the more I feel the West Lebanon Rich's is the fan eisle I'm thinking of. Can't quite remember if Ames kept it when they took over the store. Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought fondly of the ceiling fan eisle

KmartDanny09

I believer that Meijer's used to have ceiling fan displays before they started remodeling all of them

EscheAmes

QuoteOriginally posted by richway987
well back before 2000  walmart sold good fans made by a company called lasko who makes only box and table fans now. walmart also sold hunter fans back then

I have a lasko fan :insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
I've seen ceiling fans in Lowe's and Home Depot (built here in 1997 or so) so far, I'm not quite sure if the defunct ones like Caldor (I think they might have) ,Ames,or Bradlees had them though.

my memory goes only far back as to 1990 I'm afraid.:flaming:

:(

i know someof caldors older stores has them the one in east patchouge out in long island had them
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory