Main Menu

Ames revival????

Started by CORPORATEFAN, September 10, 2005, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CORPORATEFAN

Has anyone heard anything about the revival of the Ames chain including the acquisition of the trademarks or the financing?  This was being spearheaded by Andy Faber.

JamesAsal0734

C. Fontaine

Yeah this guy posted a bunch of crap here not too long ago regarding this... http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=381

Along with contacting me, he sent me a Powerpoint "Business Plan" and some PDF's of a retail pad in Miami.

Zayre88

tokensafari

I am sorry, but this guy is a moron!

Caldor1999

well i dont see why you would need preemision to reopne a store any ways i cou;ld open up a store if i wanted to and call it ames or caldor or what ever i dont think you would need permission cause who owns the amesname now im sure hes just bs us to make us think ames will come back
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Ameskid

Yes, but you (or he) couldn't use the old logos. I'm sure they're copyrighted.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

beachgal26

Did anyone ever find out what that guy was up to by pretending to be part of a group that was going to reopen the Ames stores?  Considering that he can't spell worth *&%@# I can't imagine that he is much of a business man to have that ad as his first impression and I would assume that the Ames name and all of its logos, etc. are all heavily trademark protected.

:yup: :question: :huh: :boring:

Ameskid

Umm, excuse me...but didn't they file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy? When were they in Chapter 7?

jbarn02

tokensafari

It would be one thing to use the logos on a website for non-profit.. i.e. information purposes only, but to start up Ames and then try to use them in that manner would violate some copyrights, trademarked, or registered material.

beachgal26

I wanted to check in to see if anyone ever heard anything final about the guy who was claiming to bring back the Ames stores and was looking for backers.....

:yup: ;)

Ameskid

Well, I sure hope nobody helped him on that, because it isn't going to be done.
Read the Ames Employees/Associates section about this.

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
Well, I sure hope nobody helped him on that, because it isn't going to be done.
Read the Ames Employees/Associates section about this.
Yeah, a few of our members looked into this guy and have deduced it to be some kind of scam.  I also got ahold of the property owner for the alleged building this was going to be facilitating in and they have never heard of him or this revival.  Although I don't know what he would actually be gaining by any of this...