Rainbow Mall Niagara Falls, NY

Started by Jag67, August 31, 2005, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Also known as the Rainbow Centre Factory Outlet Mall(whew!) This mall opened in 1982 and was NEVER remodeled. Ever. This was a hi-class mall ion it's day, but by the mid-1990's it began to falter, before finally closing it's doors September 2000 after 18 years of business. BUT- the mall is still open in a way. Off Track Betting is still in the mall. And since it's right in the middle of the 2nd floor corridor, the mall is wide open!! Although at night, there are night watchman.

This mall holds very fond memories for me. Every Chistmas season, after we were done looking at the annual Winter Festival of Lights (Which, unfortunately, was discontinued after 2000 ) we would head into the mall and warm up while looking at the Christmas decorations. I remember getting a Santa Claus choclate bar on-a-stick in the mall when I was about 3 or 4 years old. We would then eat at the Burger King in the mall as well. My and my summer camp would take field trips to the mall. When me, my sister, my mom, and my cousins went to the mall in December 1996 one of the store had one of those things where you Sit on Santa's lap and tell hime what you want. Being the brat I was, I clamped myself against the rail and refused to move. So, everybody met him except me. Hey, I was only 5. The last time I was in the mall was in December 1999, only 9 months before it closed for good. Since it was Christmastime, the mall was still bustling then. I was shocked when I heard the mall had closed. I almost cried. It was my favorite mall in the whole world. Dang.

I'll try to get pics someday, but in the meantime here's some awesome pics taken in 2002 by Erica Hayes of Deadmalls.com.

to start, here's the main sign, you had to see it at night. The colors in the rainbow would all light up one at a time, then they would all light up at once. It was amazing.

Jag67

Jag67

Another. This sign is so low you can touch it.

Jag67

On the porch Looking out into the Wintergardens. When my and my daycamp would come here we would eat sandwiches on this porch after playing around the wintergardens for a while.

Jag67

Ceiling designs. Never touched since 1982.

Jag67

The bathrooms. I remember them. They were quite big.

Jag67

Jag67

The fountain. I remember sitting on the wooden steps just staring at it.

Caldor1999

thats a cool looking fountain verey  early 90's looking hehe
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Pikapower

I think a part of the mall was demolished sometime after it closed, but i'm not sure if any part of the mall is still standing?  ???
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia