Main Menu

7 Eleven

Started by storehistoryguy, August 16, 2005, 01:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

I like the ol signs like this one with the little bit of striping on each side of the sign.

http://www.peterlevine.ws/

storehistoryguy

Some newer one look like this. Nice mountain in the background.

http://www.portlandground.com/

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

711 Cola from the 70's! Cool! I was drinking from those when I was 8!

http://www.colawp.com/

AmesNewington

In Newington, CT, and many sorrounding towns there's about 3 7-11 stores in each town.

ameskmart1

711 with gas in Swift Current, Saskatchewan
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

videogamer75

Look at this classic 7-Eleven store from pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com.

MikeRa

That colonial 7 Eleven store looks like a lot of the 7 Elevens that opened in the Philadelphia area in the early 1960's, but before they were modernized into today's 7 Eleven.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

retailisking

david121

7-Eleven is the main C-store chain here...too bad there are very few "bodega" like stores here, along with non 7-11 c-stores.

ynkeesfn82

A 7-Eleven is opening on Queen Street in Southington, Connecticut. Most recently it was home to Randy's Wooster Street Pizza and before that Brugger's Bagels and before that Papa Ginos pizza.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on April 02, 2012, 10:48:34 PM
A 7-Eleven is opening on Queen Street in Southington, Connecticut. Most recently it was home to Randy's Wooster Street Pizza and before that Brugger's Bagels and before that Papa Ginos pizza.

What happened to Randy's Wooster St. Pizza??

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 03, 2012, 03:16:38 PM

Bad management ran it into the ground. He almost lost all 3 restaurants. Supposed to be opening a much smaller location in Southington at 131 Center Street.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on April 03, 2012, 07:29:27 PM
Quote from: JimSawhill on April 03, 2012, 03:16:38 PM

Bad management ran it into the ground. He almost lost all 3 restaurants. Supposed to be opening a much smaller location in Southington at 131 Center Street.

The Randy's at Burr's Corner was my hangout. I wonder if that one is still open!! Good Pizza!! (Most Florida pizza is lousy!)

ynkeesfn82

7 Eleven opened on Queen Street in Southington, CT on Tuesday Afternoon April 3rd, 2012. This building was Papa Gino's than Burgger's Bagels, and most recently until May 2011 Randy's Wooster Street Pizza.

Sorry for the lousy picture. It was taken from the parking lot in the Shoprite Plaza across the street.

buzz86us

I wish there were more of these in Upstate NY but we are dominated by Stewarts... it'd be nice if they bought cumberland farms or xtramart... compared to them 7-Eleven is pretty cheap..

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on November 01, 2013, 09:39:37 PM
I wish there were more of these in Upstate NY but we are dominated by Stewarts... it'd be nice if they bought cumberland farms or xtramart... compared to them 7-Eleven is pretty cheap..

Just as long as they keep the Cumberland $0.99 coffees and $0.89 cold drinks :)

buzz86us

yeah I'd lean more towards them buying xtramart. Xtramart sucks their pizza is basically inedible it is like a cracker with greasy toppings on it. I like how 7-11 at least uses frozen pizza and prices it right not fantastic but good when your in a pinch..

ynkeesfn82

Strange. They opened a 7 Eleven in a small little strip mall near the corner of Wolcott Street and Lakewood Road in Waterbury, Connecticut.

JimSawhill

Quote from: buzz86us on November 02, 2013, 10:49:58 PM
yeah I'd lean more towards them buying xtramart. Xtramart sucks their pizza is basically inedible it is like a cracker with greasy toppings on it. I like how 7-11 at least uses frozen pizza and prices it right not fantastic but good when your in a pinch..

XtraMart is still around?? Nice...How are they doing??

JimSawhill

There's not a lot of 7-11 here and I think they'll be squeezed out by  Wawa and Thornton's. Both of them are rapidly expending here.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on April 02, 2012, 10:48:34 PM

Yeah. They've been open 2 years and 2 weeks now and it's a big failure. This store does little to no business. Not really sure why. I like it. It's much nicer than most 7-Elevens and definitely nice than the Cumberland Farms just up the street. Maybe it does so poorly because it doesn't have a gas station attached to it. One of my friend's thinks it's on the wrong side of Queen Street. Not sure what that means because there is a traffic light with a left turn lane to turn into the store.  It's  hard to turn left onto Queen Street when you leave the store if there's a lot of traffic coming out of Shoprite Plaza. I was there today and overheard the manager (or maybe he's the franchise owner) talking to a repairman about the business.

giantsfan2016

So. 7-Eleven in Southington didn't quite make it to 5 years. They closed last week.

NJxxJon

I had one 6 mins away from my house.....about 2 months ago I needed to run an errand there....I pull up and  the windows are also card-boarded and the 711 sign is gone. I was like CRAP! ...the hell??

Apperently the guy who ran it had issues....but they were always busy.....dont get it.
JN

retailfan

7-11 has completely left the Indianapolis area now  Speedway  seems to be the king around here  but we also have a local Chain Rickers and also Thorntons

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

7-Eleven hasn't had any stores in Wisconsin since the 1990s.

Their only Wisconsin locations were in Milwaukee. They've since been converted to Citgo stations. It seems that Kwik Trip and Kwik Star dominate Wisconsin and Minnesota with their large convenience stores.

Other convenience stores in Wisconsin include Speedway, Holiday Station Stores, Marathon, Fox Convenience, Pit Row, BP Shop, Express Convenience, Dino Stop, Mobil Mart, Shell Food Mart, Oneida One-Stop, Grand Central Station/Grand Central Depot, Exxon/Mobil On the Run, etc.

retailisking

Our 7-Eleven stores were Christy's before reverting to the 7-Eleven name. Since they returned they've done little or nothing to expand or renovate. Cumberland Farms has been the most aggressive in making over their stores, with Circle K doing the most acquisitions.