Taco Bell

Started by C. Fontaine, January 08, 2005, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikapower

Quote from: BillyGr on May 07, 2014, 12:41:52 PM
Quote from: Stork of The Weak on May 06, 2014, 02:26:58 PM
Why should some men's names being "Ronald McDonald" make me crave this breakfast? Is it because the food is good enough to be fictional? Or because Ronald McDonald would be a millionaire (he is his company personified) if he were a real person?

I believe it's just the joke that someone (or several someones) named Ronald McDonald are eating at Taco Bell rather than at McDonalds, which is where you'd expect to see Ronald McDonald.

Now that's what I call irony!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Hudsons81

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 17, 2013, 08:54:19 PM

The Taco Bell on Fort Street north of Northline in Southgate, Michigan now looks like this. In addition, when they remodeled into this, they had to kick out Pizza Hut Express, which it had been co-branded with since it opened in 2003, when Taco Bell relocated from across and a bit further up Fort Street. That building later became a Quizno's for a short time and is now vacant.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Hudsons81 on November 11, 2014, 10:07:35 AM

The Taco Bell on Fort Street north of Northline in Southgate, Michigan now looks like this. In addition, when they remodeled into this, they had to kick out Pizza Hut Express, which it had been co-branded with since it opened in 2003, when Taco Bell relocated from across and a bit further up Fort Street. That building later became a Quizno's for a short time and is now vacant.

And here's a photo of that store's new look.

zonemad96

Quote from: Hudsons81 on December 13, 2014, 08:58:43 PM

I'm not a fan of that design it looks like someone at corporate said "let's try and design a building for as cheap as possible and pass it off as modern." They got rid if all the awnings and colors on the building and they even made the outside light fixtures look cheaper, it looks more like some sort of office than a fast food restaurant.

Hudsons81

Quote from: zonemad96 on December 25, 2014, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on December 13, 2014, 08:58:43 PM

I'm not a fan of that design it looks like someone at corporate said "let's try and design a building for as cheap as possible and pass it off as modern." They got rid if all the awnings and colors on the building and they even made the outside light fixtures look cheaper, it looks more like some sort of office than a fast food restaurant.

Let's see what happens if they decide to incorporate a faux seventy-story-tall structure on the roof  ::)

Anyways, I just found out that most remodelings into this style were at locations that were formerly co-branded with Pizza Hut Express-two on Telegraph Road in the southwestern Detroit area were the same way and through Google Street View, so was one on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami.

Hudsons81

This is the other Taco Bell in Southgate, Michigan. Located at the southeast corner of Eureka and Trenton, this one opened in 1992 as a relocation from a few blocks east on Eureka at what is now a Mediterranean restaurant. Photo taken by Google in July 2015.

ynkeesfn82

I just found out from reading old copies of the Southington Observer Newspaper that Taco Bell operated a location inside Southington High School from 1993-1998. Seems a bit unusual. Did they operate in other schools around the country?

TheFugitive

Quote from: Marc B on October 13, 2015, 03:33:59 PM
I just found out from reading old copies of the Southington Observer Newspaper that Taco Bell operated a location inside Southington High School from 1993-1998. Seems a bit unusual. Did they operate in other schools around the country?

Wow.  Imagine what Michelle Obama would be saying if they were still in there today.

BillyGr

I do remember hearing that there were schools that set up their own branches of known fast food brands, as a way to get more kids to buy lunch at the school rather than bringing it from home.  I was thinking something like Subway, but if one brand did it most likely others would try as well.

Bdubs

It wasn't in a school, but in the early 90s in Colchester, there was a "Taco Bell Express" in a plaza for a short while. It offered only certain items from what a full service Taco Bell did. No drive thru, and the kitchen was in the same room as the counter.

Hudsons81

This one's also not a school, but years ago there was a Taco Bell inside the McCamly Place Hotel in Battle Creek, Michigan. It might've been a Taco Bell Express and may have even been a Pizza Hut Express combo. Today, Starbucks is the only remaining tenant in the McCamly Place Hotel food court.

Hudsons81

1996 photos of two Michigan Taco Bell locations. Pictures courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

This one is in Flat Rock. A Wendy's sign is also partially visible behind a tree. That Wendy's location is now a Tim Horton's.

As shown here, the Woodhaven location was one of the first Taco Bells to be rebuilt into a post-mansard-roof prototype. Since then, it has been rebuilt again into the current prototype.

busman_49

The first Taco Bell location is being relocated to a new home, keeping it safe from demolition:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bell-692398-taco-food.html

It wil be kept in storage at the company's Irvine headquarters until a future use is determined.

Chuck E. Cheese

There is an abandoned Taco Bell in North Haven, expect to have photos from me of it soon.

Also expect photos of CT Post mall later this week.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

If you've seen the 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, you'll know all restaurants are Taco Bell by the movie's future year of 2032. Taco Bell won the "franchise wars" by that time, and Taco Bell is now the only restaurant left. The Taco Bell restaurant featured in the film is an upscale fine dining restaurant with food served on silver plates and in-meal entertainment provided by a pianist (he sang the "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant" jingle in the film). The future version of Taco Bell also has a thing called cuisine valet.

Hudsons81

Quote from: ShopKoFan on February 16, 2016, 07:34:18 PM
If you've seen the 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, you'll know all restaurants are Taco Bell by the movie's future year of 2032. Taco Bell won the "franchise wars" by that time, and Taco Bell is now the only restaurant left. The Taco Bell restaurant featured in the film is an upscale fine dining restaurant with food served on silver plates and in-meal entertainment provided by a pianist (he sang the "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant" jingle in the film). The future version of Taco Bell also has a thing called cuisine valet.

I am surprised they actually came real close to replicating their current logo even though it didn't exist yet.

Chuck E. Cheese

I believe that's why Taco Bell changed their logo..Fun Fact: In Foreign versions of Demolition Man, instead of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut won the 'Franchise War'.

The Taco Bell Demolition Man Demo Deal commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oubi9HU8t5o

Pikapower

I wish that Taco Bell brought back the Volcano Menu items!

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

I wish they could bring back the Border Bowls.

Pikapower

I wish Taco Bell would bring back the Santa Fe Gordita with the corn salsa!

I wish they would bring back the Club Chalupa with the bacon and chicken.

giantsfan2016

Taco Bell's 2nd former location on East Main Street in New Britain, CT is becoming an Urgent Care Center and plans on opening September 30th.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/newbritainherald/article_2df89e78-7d3a-11e6-b728-cb812aec7324.html

Taco Bell's new logo:

TheFugitive

I liked the one in Demolition Man better.

Pikapower

This logo is the best logo for Taco Bell!

giantsfan2016

Taco Bell on Queen Street in Southington is remodeling. Not sure what they're doing on the inside, but they're changing the outside. (I don't go to Taco Bell).

JJBers

Quote from: Brammy on September 14, 2017, 03:23:16 PM
Taco Bell on Queen Street in Southington is remodeling. Not sure what they're doing on the inside, but they're changing the outside. (I don't go to Taco Bell).
They did that to Willimantic not long ago.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

Taco Bell's newest design with their newest logo, in Chester, Illinois: