AMESFANCLUB
November 19, 2017, 06:28:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/19/17. - Some progress has been made on updating the message board today. I'm going to take a break for a day or two. I feel like I'm going blind doing this. Sorry for any inconvenience. - Thanks - Brammy. marcpb1982@gmail.com - http://www.twitter.com/brammy1982

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Taco Bell  (Read 31144 times)
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »

The Taco Bell on Fort Street north of Northline in Southgate, Michigan now looks like this. In addition, when they remodeled into this, they had to kick out Pizza Hut Express, which it had been co-branded with since it opened in 2003, when Taco Bell relocated from across and a bit further up Fort Street. That building later became a Quizno's for a short time and is now vacant.

And here's a photo of that store's new look.
zonemad96

« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »

The Taco Bell on Fort Street north of Northline in Southgate, Michigan now looks like this. In addition, when they remodeled into this, they had to kick out Pizza Hut Express, which it had been co-branded with since it opened in 2003, when Taco Bell relocated from across and a bit further up Fort Street. That building later became a Quizno's for a short time and is now vacant.

I'm not a fan of that design it looks like someone at corporate said "let's try and design a building for as cheap as possible and pass it off as modern." They got rid if all the awnings and colors on the building and they even made the outside light fixtures look cheaper, it looks more like some sort of office than a fast food restaurant.
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »

I'm not a fan of that design it looks like someone at corporate said "let's try and design a building for as cheap as possible and pass it off as modern." They got rid if all the awnings and colors on the building and they even made the outside light fixtures look cheaper, it looks more like some sort of office than a fast food restaurant.

Let's see what happens if they decide to incorporate a faux seventy-story-tall structure on the roof  Roll Eyes

Anyways, I just found out that most remodelings into this style were at locations that were formerly co-branded with Pizza Hut Express-two on Telegraph Road in the southwestern Detroit area were the same way and through Google Street View, so was one on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami.
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »

This is the other Taco Bell in Southgate, Michigan. Located at the southeast corner of Eureka and Trenton, this one opened in 1992 as a relocation from a few blocks east on Eureka at what is now a Mediterranean restaurant. Photo taken by Google in July 2015.
ynkeesfn82
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2015, 02:33:59 PM »

I just found out from reading old copies of the Southington Observer Newspaper that Taco Bell operated a location inside Southington High School from 1993-1998. Seems a bit unusual. Did they operate in other schools around the country?
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »

I just found out from reading old copies of the Southington Observer Newspaper that Taco Bell operated a location inside Southington High School from 1993-1998. Seems a bit unusual. Did they operate in other schools around the country?

Wow.  Imagine what Michelle Obama would be saying if they were still in there today.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2015, 03:08:42 PM »

I do remember hearing that there were schools that set up their own branches of known fast food brands, as a way to get more kids to buy lunch at the school rather than bringing it from home.  I was thinking something like Subway, but if one brand did it most likely others would try as well.
Bdubs

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »

It wasn't in a school, but in the early 90s in Colchester, there was a "Taco Bell Express" in a plaza for a short while. It offered only certain items from what a full service Taco Bell did. No drive thru, and the kitchen was in the same room as the counter.
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »

This one's also not a school, but years ago there was a Taco Bell inside the McCamly Place Hotel in Battle Creek, Michigan. It might've been a Taco Bell Express and may have even been a Pizza Hut Express combo. Today, Starbucks is the only remaining tenant in the McCamly Place Hotel food court.
Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »

1996 photos of two Michigan Taco Bell locations. Pictures courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

This one is in Flat Rock. A Wendy's sign is also partially visible behind a tree. That Wendy's location is now a Tim Horton's.

As shown here, the Woodhaven location was one of the first Taco Bells to be rebuilt into a post-mansard-roof prototype. Since then, it has been rebuilt again into the current prototype.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:17:35 PM by Hudsons81 » Logged
busman_49
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »

The first Taco Bell location is being relocated to a new home, keeping it safe from demolition:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bell-692398-taco-food.html

It wil be kept in storage at the company's Irvine headquarters until a future use is determined.
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2016, 09:43:15 AM »

There is an abandoned Taco Bell in North Haven, expect to have photos from me of it soon.

Also expect photos of CT Post mall later this week.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:38:47 PM by Patrick Boots CEC » Logged
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »

If you've seen the 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, you'll know all restaurants are Taco Bell by the movie's future year of 2032. Taco Bell won the "franchise wars" by that time, and Taco Bell is now the only restaurant left. The Taco Bell restaurant featured in the film is an upscale fine dining restaurant with food served on silver plates and in-meal entertainment provided by a pianist (he sang the "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant" jingle in the film). The future version of Taco Bell also has a thing called cuisine valet.

Hudsons81
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Howdy!

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »

If you've seen the 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, you'll know all restaurants are Taco Bell by the movie's future year of 2032. Taco Bell won the "franchise wars" by that time, and Taco Bell is now the only restaurant left. The Taco Bell restaurant featured in the film is an upscale fine dining restaurant with food served on silver plates and in-meal entertainment provided by a pianist (he sang the "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant" jingle in the film). The future version of Taco Bell also has a thing called cuisine valet.

I am surprised they actually came real close to replicating their current logo even though it didn't exist yet.
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2016, 06:35:05 AM »

I believe that's why Taco Bell changed their logo..Fun Fact: In Foreign versions of Demolition Man, instead of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut won the 'Franchise War'.
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2016, 04:09:47 PM »

The Taco Bell Demolition Man Demo Deal commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oubi9HU8t5o

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »

I wish that Taco Bell brought back the Volcano Menu items!

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »

I wish they could bring back the Border Bowls.

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »

I wish Taco Bell would bring back the Santa Fe Gordita with the corn salsa!

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »

I wish they would bring back the Club Chalupa with the bacon and chicken.

Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2016, 07:56:09 PM »

Taco Bell's 2nd former location on East Main Street in New Britain, CT is becoming an Urgent Care Center and plans on opening September 30th.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/newbritainherald/article_2df89e78-7d3a-11e6-b728-cb812aec7324.html

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »

Taco Bell's new logo:

TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »

I liked the one in Demolition Man better.

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »

I liked the one in Demolition Man better.

Me too.

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2016, 06:11:27 PM »

This logo is the best logo for Taco Bell!

Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

Taco Bell on Queen Street in Southington is remodeling. Not sure what they're doing on the inside, but they're changing the outside. (I don't go to Taco Bell).

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
JJBers

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »

Taco Bell on Queen Street in Southington is remodeling. Not sure what they're doing on the inside, but they're changing the outside. (I don't go to Taco Bell).
They did that to Willimantic not long ago.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2017, 01:46:19 AM »

Taco Bell's newest design with their newest logo, in Chester, Illinois:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:51:54 AM by ShopKoFan » Logged

jason83080

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2017, 10:23:05 PM »

They're building a brand-new Taco Bell next to the Burger King on Detroit Road, nearby the University/EMH Fitness Center compound. I guess they were able to get "colonial Avon style" past the Taco Bell execs, because the building looks very nice, and it fits in with the overall design of how Avon wants everything to look. It's a mix of the current style (side beam with the logos) and the colonial aspect that Avon's design board mandates everything in/around the business district have. Ironically, it doesn't have the new logo set, but the street sign (brick and low to the ground - city design mandate) is silver against brick, so it will probably be lit by spotlights at night, just like BK's street sign.

I'll have to swing by and get pictures tomorrow of that and our snazzy colonial-looking Burger King. TB should be opening soon, I imagine.

--

Actually, here are some photos of the colonial BK, courtesy of the design firm and Yelp:

http://www.jlmooreinc.com/images/dynamic/W1siZmYiLCJwdWJsaWMvc2l0ZXMvNTM2ZDJhNzdjMWY0MWMyOWQ2MDAwMDAyL2NvbnRlbnRfZW50cnk1MzcyMTQ0NWMxZjQxYzI5ZDYwMDAxMTcvNTUxMWEwNjBjMWY0MWM1MTVkMDAxMTIwL2ZpbGVzL0J1cmdlcl9LaW5nXzFfLV9WZXJzaW9uXzJfUlMuanBnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCI3ODl4NDUzIyJdXQ/Burger_King_1_-_Version_2_RS.jpg

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/X1R_0ZAKIXx6P4FIfOBuFQ/ls.jpg
Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »

This is how the Taco Bell in Southington, CT redid the exterior of their building. The restaurant first opened in 1989. When you click to enlarge the photo you need to scroll to the right.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:38:54 AM by Brammy » Logged

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: