Taco Bell

Started by C. Fontaine, January 08, 2005, 04:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwefan101

ther giveing out free black jack tacos sat the 31st after 6 pm i plan on going for one

Marc82

I was told that they're were gross, nasty, and unappitizing.

C. Fontaine

They are, don't really taste much different than they're regular tacos.

wwefan101

i like the black jack tacos  

amesman

I don't go to Taco Bell much, but when I do, I usually get the cheesy potato 1/2 pound burritos along with a dish of the cheesy potatoes. In my eyes, that is about the best thing they've come up with. I don't touch much else there, except for occasionally a quesadilla.

GothicPrincess

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
I don't go to Taco Bell much, but when I do, I usually get the cheesy potato 1/2 pound burritos along with a dish of the cheesy potatoes. In my eyes, that is about the best thing they've come up with. I don't touch much else there, except for occasionally a quesadilla.  
That sounds good, I usually get the double beef and bean burrito, or whatever it's called, on the less than $1 menu. yummers...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

EddieJ1984

I love me some blackjack tacos

Marc82

There's a relatively new one in the corner of Shoprite Plaza in Waterbury, but I don't know when it opened. I don't remember if it was there the last time I was at Shoprite Plaza a few months ago.

Marc82

Glen Bell Jr founder of Taco Bell died at age 86.

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_14217579

GothicPrincess

That is so sad. I heard about that last night on the comcast homepage. Makes me wanna get a group together, go get a 5 layer burrito and toast him. Rest in peace, Glen.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

TRJ22487

Milford, CT location back in 2001. No idea if this location is still open or there.

StoreLiker2006

Former Taco Bell, 15855 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Oak Grove, OR. Opened c. 1974 (note the fire pit out front); drive-thru added c. 1980.

~Ben

Pikapower

Is just or is Taco Bell planning on moving out of Mall Food Courts in favor for more free standing stores outside malls?

I was just asking because the Taco Bell in the Boulevard Mall and Walden Galleria Mall food courts had closed down.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

MikeRa

Quote from: Pikapower on November 08, 2012, 08:41:21 AM
Is just or is Taco Bell planning on moving out of Mall Food Courts in favor for more free standing stores outside malls?

I was just asking because the Taco Bell in the Boulevard Mall and Walden Galleria Mall food courts had closed down.
There is still a Taco Bell in the Food Court at The Gallery in Center City Philadelphia, PA, which has no place outside of The Gallery to put a freestanding store
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: d_fife on August 10, 2006, 02:20:20 PM
I forgot to post this taco bell in bristol CT and I heard from someone it will be moved.

Yep. The did move. They're now located next to Shoprite Plaza and their driveway lines up with Big Lots Plaza. It's really nice I'll have to get a picture. The Taco Bell in this picture is now the only Checker's Restaurant in the state of Connecticut and is one of only a handful that has a dining room.

ynkeesfn82

Taco Bell in New Britain has moved again. They're now located in a brand new building in New Brite Plaza on East Main Street.

They were originally located on West Main Street next to Burger King (now Beacon Pharmacy). That location is now a car place and is for sale. Then they moved to East Main Street across from New Brite Plaza. They just moved into their New Brite plaza location late summer/early fall 2012.

zonemad96

It takes just one word to describe taco bell, delicious.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Here's A Look At The New Prototype Store Taco Bell Is Testing
by Kim Bhasin, Business Insider

Taco Bell isn't just making changes on its menu â€" it's testing some major changes to its store design as well.

It's trying out the new look at three brand new locations in Sanger, TX., Redwood City, CA., and Commerce City, CO.

Taco Bell developed the design about a year ago as part of its brand revamp plan, director of concept development Don Roberts tells The Huffington Post.

What's new at the prototype stores?

It uses a simple shell for its exterior so that it can be easily adapted to future changes, a variety of seating configurations (like a lounge area, counter seating and "Bell booths") and more electrical outlets for people with laptops, reports Lisa Jennings at Nation's Restaurant News.

There's also a "more balanced," but still vibrant, new color scheme.

Here are some photos of the Sanger, Texas location:

ynkeesfn82

Taco Bell rolled out with breakfast at all locations this past Thursday March 27th. They also launched a commercial with a bunch of guys named Ronald McDonald eating and enjoying The Taco Bell breakfast.

Stork of The Weak

What's the difference between a regular Taco Bell or KFC and a Taco Bell or KFC "Express"? It's perfectly clear what a Pizza Hut "Express" is but the other two members of Yum Brands are already fast food (but the sit-down Pizza Hut restaurants have been closing by the dozens in the past 20 years). The Long John Silver's and A&W brands never used the name "express" during their ownership by Yum, which bought those two around 2000 and recently sold them. Not sure why Yum ever wanted to own them because those two chains are both so much smaller than any of the other three.

Pikapower

Quote from: Marc B on March 31, 2014, 11:56:13 AM
Taco Bell rolled out with breakfast at all locations this past Thursday March 27th. They also launched a commercial with a bunch of guys named Ronald McDonald eating and enjoying The Taco Bell breakfast.

McDonald's is not going like this!  ::)
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Stork of The Weak

Who said Taco Bell and McDonald's are competition? Taco Bell doesn't sell burgers, and McDonald's doesn't sell tacos. In fact the only real similarity between the two that comes to my mind is that both these two chains happen to have liquid coin games for charity at the front counter at most locations. Personally I only eat at either chain if one of them is particularly convenient, for example a McDonald's at a Walmart, or a Taco Bell at a Target, or if either one is paired with a gas station.

retailisking

Taco Bell and McDonald's are competition in that Taco Bell is targeting breakfast for expansion and McDonald's is the 800-pound gorilla of breakfast in the fast food sector. They also occupy the low end of the fast food market, so they're definitely targeting the same demographics.

BillyGr

Quote from: Stork of The Weak on April 01, 2014, 04:31:58 PM
What's the difference between a regular Taco Bell or KFC and a Taco Bell or KFC "Express"?

I think (if I remember correctly) that they just have a slightly smaller menu of offerings, probably due to space limitations (the only one I can think of was a combo of the two in our WalMart years back when it first opened).  So given that they only had the space of a regular WalMart snack bar, they probably didn't have enough room to prepare and offer everything that KFC and Taco Bell would normally have.

zonemad96

Has anyone tried taco bells new breakfast? They put some nasty sauce on one of my am crunchwraps and on one of my breakfast burritos that they weren't supposed to, and they gave me two crunchwraps when I was supposed to get two am tacos. Oh I almost forgot they put bacon on top of my sausage waffle taco for whatever reason.

Stork of The Weak

Quote from: BillyGr on April 02, 2014, 01:07:54 PM
What's the difference between a regular Taco Bell or KFC and a Taco Bell or KFC "Express"?

I think (if I remember correctly) that they just have a slightly smaller menu of offerings, probably due to space limitations (the only one I can think of was a combo of the two in our WalMart years back when it first opened).  So given that they only had the space of a regular WalMart snack bar, they probably didn't have enough room to prepare and offer everything that KFC and Taco Bell would normally have.

Are you in Canada? I've been to Walmart stores all over the USA for years and it seems Target signed a contract with Pizza Hut/KFC/Taco Bell in the 90's if not the 80's, which would seem to stop Walmart from having an alliance with the same restaurant chains.

BillyGr

Are you in Canada? I've been to Walmart stores all over the USA for years and it seems Target signed a contract with Pizza Hut/KFC/Taco Bell in the 90's if not the 80's, which would seem to stop Walmart from having an alliance with the same restaurant chains.
Nope - upstate NY (south of Albany).

This store was outside of Hudson (NY) and is no longer there (they built a superstore up the road).  It was one of the earlier Walmarts in this area (mid 1990's) and there weren't any Target stores anywhere in this area at the time (there is still not one within 30-40 miles of this Walmart location now).
Maybe that has something to do with it (if there were no Target in the area, nothing to stop them from going into Walmart). 
It switched back to a standard snack bar at some point, and now there is a Taco Bell/LJS combo store across the road (but no KFC).  Just to add to it, there WAS a freestanding KFC years back in front of the same plaza where the Taco/LJS is now, but at the opposite end.

TheFugitive

So how are they doing with this new breakfast menu?

I don't live close enough to a Taco Bell that I've had the opportunity to
stop in and try it.

Stork of The Weak

Why should some men's names being "Ronald McDonald" make me crave this breakfast? Is it because the food is good enough to be fictional? Or because Ronald McDonald would be a millionaire (he is his company personified) if he were a real person?

BillyGr

Quote from: Stork of The Weak on May 06, 2014, 02:26:58 PM
Why should some men's names being "Ronald McDonald" make me crave this breakfast? Is it because the food is good enough to be fictional? Or because Ronald McDonald would be a millionaire (he is his company personified) if he were a real person?

I believe it's just the joke that someone (or several someones) named Ronald McDonald are eating at Taco Bell rather than at McDonalds, which is where you'd expect to see Ronald McDonald.