Main Menu

Hundai and Kia

Started by HoJofan206, August 08, 2005, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

When these two Korean car companies first came to the U.S. they were cheap "throw away" cars.  Now, in 2005, with better quality being used they are ranking higher in customer satisfaction categories than both Mercedes and some of the GM brands.

HoJofan206

Some of the vehicles that they sell are not bad looking cars.

I like the Kia Sorento (an SUV) and the new 2006 Hundai Sonota....it looks a lot like a Honda Accord.  Sorry that I do not have access to post pics of these vehicles. :no:

store215

Hyundai's have improved in quality greatly, but Kia's are still so-so. And with the poor resale values (if you plan not to keep a car for too long), it is better to spend the few thousand more and get a Japanese equiv.

HoJofan206

Actually Kia and Hundai are one car company.  Most people do not know that.  Agreed, the re-sale value of these cars are poor but that should continue to get better as the cars quality continues to improve.

storehistoryguy

Its spelled Hyundai, just to let you know. Anyway, Hyundai is my favorite of the two and I think they are starting to get a big head. They used to be the next Yugo and now they think they're so big.

HoJofan206

What are they doing that causes you to think they are getting a big head?  :huh::huh:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
What are they doing that causes you to think they are getting a big head?  :huh::huh:

They've think they're so big and they have the world's best cars. They should stick with making cheap yet reliable cars.

HoJofan206

What are they saying or doing that gives you the idea that they have "a big head"??

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
What are they saying or doing that gives you the idea that they have "a big head"??

I just told you. They think there the best and all and building "luxury cars" and thats not really there know for that. They should stick with cheaper cars.

storehistoryguy

Heres a Hyundai Excel.

storehistoryguy

Another Excel, this one a hatchback.

storehistoryguy

An Accent, the car that replaced the Excel.

storehistoryguy

A 1992 Hyundai Scoupe.

storehistoryguy

A 1990 Hyundai Sonata.

storehistoryguy

A later Sonata. (1999-2002)

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

HoJofan206

I was confused by your "big head" comment because the company advertises themselves as a low priced car with a lenghty warranty.  I have never gathered from any of the commercials or literature that they think they are a "luxury" car company.

HoJofan206

BTW....thanks for posting those cool pics of some of the cars for us to see!  ;)

HoJofan206

The all new 2007 Entourage mini van

HoJofan206

2006 Kia Sorento SUV

jmcnamara96

My nebors wife has a 1999 sonata mint