The Toy Works carts

Started by TRJ_22487, August 26, 2011, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRJ_22487

I found where the Keene, NH carts clearly went today. The Salvation Army is using a fleet of about 12-15 of them. All of them are very old, none of them K.B. Toys, all 1980's/early 90's....I spotted two different logos on the carts, but they all looked to be in really nice condition....they also use about 15 Woolworth baskets from the 80's.
I'll snap a picture if I go back in

TRJ_22487

This is a famous picture of Angelina Jolie back in 2006. The carts I saw were much older than this one

TRJ_22487

Ok here we are, I went back today and took pictures of the vintage carts from The Toy Works.
They are from before Kay-Bee Toys bought out the company. The Keene location converted in 1997 and closed in 2007.
I feel like they were using a different fleet of carts in their final years, like the Jolie pic above, but I'm not 100% on that.

These are the two different logos that were on the carts (one or the other, both logos werent on one cart)
Also, the Woolworth baskets they use

1240east

Here is a kb toy works cart that is currently in use by a thrift store

Retail_247

Last halloween a halloween store was using an old babies R us building that closed in 2018 and they were using toy works shopping carts but all of the logos were covered by stickers for the halloween store.
Retail_247