Kmart carts

Started by Caldor1999, August 07, 2005, 12:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

the newer ones they have are orange and i like them like that beter then the grey ones they had heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
A grey Kmart cart

eww i like the new orange ones betetr heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

I was out behind Papa Gino's the other day and came across a vintage red K-Mart cart!  They have those mixed in with like three different types of carts at out K-Mart.  Anyways, I peeled back the plastic K-mart sticker and it had "Kresge," or something of the like, scraped off behind it!

amesman

A fleet of older carts at the Latham, NY store.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
A fleet of older carts at the Latham, NY store.

Wow! Tan colored Kmart carts! Those must date back to the early 1980s? I found one probably older/metal built at the already timewarped Kmart in Watertown, CT.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the seat of the cart found at the Watertown, Connecticut Kmart. These pictures were taken July 25, 2006.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

There's one of those at the Colonie Salvation Army. Haven't seen it around in awhile though. I think they keep it in the back nowadays.

And yes, those carts have to be from the early 80's. The Glenmont store has them too.

Zayre88

An old Kmart cart in the Portsmouth NH store:

Mobil

In the parking lot of a mall which has a Kmart on the mall perimeter, I saw a Kmart cart with the 60s logo. Another Kmart near me itself uses old Target carts. :holysh: :huh:

store215

My Kmart near me finally got new carts..They are gray colored metal with a red handle featuring the new logo.

patk

k-mart has NEW red carts :huh:

heres a pic of one ^
are these new red carts in a k-mart nere YOU :question:
post here :)

momof3

You know i was just in the Cromwell store and honestly don't remeber the carts being red so I think they still have the old grey ones, Good Question, makes me want to go there and check it out.

wwefan101

in webster we got red ones but ther not that dark

kendra

Very sharp-looking cart.

store215

My local Kmart got new ones a few months back...except they are large metal "bj's or costco" styled carts (made out of metal, silver) with a red handlebar with the new logo on it.

KmartDanny09

My Kmart has three different types of carts:

1) Older, "square" shaped at the front. They usually aren't put into service and left at the front of the building. They have considerable rust and many have holes. I guess corporate tried to save some a few years back by putting newer Kmart logo stickers over the old logos. A few even have a sign on the front that say "Thank you for shopping Kmart" with the very old '70s logo. As I said, these are rarely, if ever, used.

2) Newer gray carts with the rounded front. Logo is the '90s Kmart with the script inside the K. Most used carts, although some logos have peeled off.

3) Blue carts with the '90s Kmart logo. We only have a few and where given by a closing store. Never used for customer shopping... receiving uses them in the back room.

TRJ22487

West Lebanon, NH has one lone vintage cart tied up and well hidden at the front of the store. Caught my eye as I was leaving
It does not have the illustrations shown on the Connecticut 1980's cart above

retailfan

Those older carts were used for Cash Drops
The Caldor in New hampshire used the same thing
Im not sure i they use them anymore or not
I have the inner bag from the Caldor
Also the otherday when cleaning out the closet i found  my Caldor shirt  Red with the logo in white

Ameskid

Here they are.  All spotted in an Ohio Kmart, which has only grey carts (excluding a Meijer cart and a Target cart in the rear of the building).

Round Carts

Brownish sticker, blue child seat
Brownish sticker, gray child seat (most common roundie)
White sticker, blue child seat
White sticker, gray child seat
White sticker, blue child seat, red seatbelt (rarest roundie--only one seen)

Square Carts

Metal "pushbar" on back (almost at foot level--the kind where you can do a wheelie with the cart), sticker logo, gray seat, gray plastic "THANK YOU" handle (rarest square cart--only one seen)
No pushbar, Kmart logo molded into plastic on side of cart (this is called a tampo), gray seat, "THANK YOU" handle (most common square cart)
No pushbar, tampoed logo, gray seat, Kmart logo on handle
No pushbar, tampoed logo, blue seat, Super Kmart logo on handle
No pushbar, tampoed logo, blue seat, Super Kmart logo on handle, advertisement box on front
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

jmcnamara96

I was at the hookset nh kmart witch 20 years ago my mom worked at and they redid it to the ugly new theme but have 20+tan carts a fleet of old 80s cart grey and 5 orange one pleeled back the logo it was scapred i think it said target

Marc82

The one in Waterbury has many different style carts.

They have blue ones stolen from sister-store Sears. The carts have been rebranded kMART.

They have the old style gray ones.

And they have a few red ones.

Kmart4life

Kmart4life

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: XISMZERO on August 24, 2006, 08:35:37 PM
Here's the seat of the cart found at the Watertown, Connecticut Kmart. These pictures were taken July 25, 2006.

Does that Kmart in Connecticut still have the original 1970/80's logo on the outside of this store today? Also, has the inside of the store been renovated at all or does it still have the look of a 1980's Kmart Store on the inside? I certainly would love to know. It is pretty much my goal to not only see, visit, & shop at a Kmart Store that has the original 1980's look on the inside of the store, but it is also my goal to see, visit, & shop at all five of the green and gray Kmart prototype stores as well as the two-story Kmart Store that is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania sometime in my life if I am ever around the location of a Kmart Store that still has it's original 1980's look on the inside, as well as all five of the green and gray Kmart prototype stores and the two-story Kmart Store that is in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

buzz86us

Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on September 14, 2012, 11:39:48 PM
Quote from: XISMZERO on August 24, 2006, 08:35:37 PM

Does that Kmart in Connecticut still have the original 1970/80's logo on the outside of this store today? Also, has the inside of the store been renovated at all or does it still have the look of a 1980's Kmart Store on the inside? I certainly would love to know. It is pretty much my goal to not only see, visit, & shop at a Kmart Store that has the original 1980's look on the inside of the store, but it is also my goal to see, visit, & shop at all five of the green and gray Kmart prototype stores as well as the two-story Kmart Store that is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania sometime in my life if I am ever around the location of a Kmart Store that still has it's original 1980's look on the inside, as well as all five of the green and gray Kmart prototype stores and the two-story Kmart Store that is in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
it isn't all it is cracked up to be when I was a kid the one in Amsterdam had the old logo until the super center opened and it subsequently closed to become a big lots.

zonemad96

found this at the closest kmart to me in waynesboro pa

jmcnamara96

I was out on a old rail trail off S.Willow and about directly behind all the stores i.e. Toy R Us i stumpled upon this very old K-MART cart or well whats left of it i really wanna snag this baby! http://www.flickr.com/photos/82768625@N04/8188362895/in/photostream

zonemad96

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on January 29, 2013, 04:28:07 PM
I was out on a old rail trail off S.Willow and about directly behind all the stores i.e. Toy R Us i stumpled upon this very old K-MART cart or well whats left of it i really wanna snag this baby! http://www.flickr.com/photos/82768625@N04/8188362895/in/photostream

Are they really that old? my local kmart has quite a few of these carts.

Hudsons81

This below was the type of cart that our Super Kmart had at the time it closed in October. Picture taken on the final day the store was open to the public.

Almost every cart they had was of that type, although when I was in that store one day in 2012, there was an employee using a gray cart that had the 1990-2004 logo molded in and completely uncovered.