Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB

old BK

There was/is still one by my grandmother's condo in Florida that looked like this as of June 04..it looked kind of scary with the big "Flinstones" bubble letters on the building and a 1970's looking sign. Maybe it will still be there when I go down there this summer,

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

I like the recent Burger King commercial advertising the Angus Burger

boss" I upgraded your Angus Burgers because I'm deciding to fire one of you"

worker with soda in hand " how do you plan to that?"

boss" Einy Meiny..."

lol:insane: very funny and clever

like Ames's ads were

this one'll definately be a classic

I like how they show the type of burger their advertising then being wrapped in a wrapper bearing the Burger King logo and the end of the commercial with a annoucer sounding like a singer singing " have it your way" very innovative and cutting edge.

in the old BK ads the logo was against a black background now its against a white background a change for the better

talking about BK commercials anybody remember the one with the joke of the three bears?

aired around 1995-1997

amesman

Here's a sign for the Burger King on Central Avenue in Albany, New York. It still has the 70's logo on it!!

amesman

QuoteWhich one is this?

It's the one on Route 50 in Glenville.

HoJofan206

Burger King has fallen on difficult times here of late.  In my part of the country (Southern Indiana) most of the old locations have gone out of business alltogheter and many more are rumored to follow.

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember when Burger King gave out free popcorn in the lobbies after 4 pm.  Who would go to Burger King for popcorn?  Wouldnt you buy food if you were there.
It was a bad idea and didnt last long, kinda like those funny tasting taco's.

Jag67

Here's an abandoned burger king on Main St. in Downtown Buffalo, NY that closed about 7-8 years ago. This place is ROUGH both inside and outside. The awning was very recently taken off. Anybody know when this was built?

Jag67

here's an older one which has been remodeled. I think the ones with the wood are older (I ate in a BK from 1984 and it had it). Judging by the design id say circa 1980. I absolutely HATE BK's blue roofs. It makes their places look more like a preschool than a restaurant!!. RESTAURANTS SHOULD NEVER HAVE BLUE ROOFS!!! Seeing an 80's burger king with one of those ugly blue roofs just saddens me..lol I love how on 95% of the pre-2000 BK's you can see how they modified the signs to the new crescent logo, but they are still in the shape of the old one. We ate at this one on our class trip on our way to pitsburgh and all my friends were asking me why I was taking a pic of a burger king lol...This restaurant also had playland, which me and my friends played in (Who says 13 year olds cant have fun in a Burger King playland??) This one's PL still had signs fror the Burger King kids Club (A group of very 80's-ish fictional kides who promoted the kids meal. They were recently discontinued.)

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
AmesmanBBTB

more old BK

checkout this floor!:bigsmile:
my Buger King had that same floor:bigsmile:

I can't see any of those pics...I'd like to see the floor pic because there's an extremely "old school" BK in my town...

Jag67

Most of the BK's i've been in have the tan and brown tile...do any of the new ones still have those?

Here's a newer BK with a (eww) SILVER roof. This was built 5 years ago when they demolished the old one on the same site:mad:

Jag67

And here's an older one. This was built in the 70's. My uncle worked here in 1980-81 lol:bouncing:

Jag67

Here's a pretty rough abandoned BK:(

Jag67

Caldor1999

wow how long has it been closed for
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

Hey Jag, do you know of the condition of the old BK on Ridge Road in West Seneca?

Jag67

ohhh not sure..we dont go out to west senaca much..

Heres another old wood Burger King..yaaay!! This one's in hamburg, NY. This looks like a later woodie burcause it doesnt have as much wood versus the older ones, plus it looks a lot like the 80's design. I'd say circa 1985..

amesman

Oh, ok. Well in 2003, it was closed, so, I was just wondering if anything moved in or not. Thanks anyway :)

Jag67

this one was built in 1988:roll:

amesman

that's the year I was born..heh

Jag67

yep..The age of Burger kings are pretty easy to identify. I found out one restaurant was built around 1984 by art festival poster paintings inside!! This one I found out becuse my aunt told me.

Most of the "woodies" as I call them are from the early-mid 80's I'm guessing..

The design after that (like the '88 BK above) was late 80's-2000 when they went to the "daycare center" look:( Anybody know for sure?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
this one was built in 1988:roll:

the year i waz born too lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

wow..Hey Caldor, any Burger Kings in your area? You should get pics, new or old. BTW, are there ANY BK's left with the old logo? After 15 years there's still a K-Mart with one, there's gotta be a Burger King with one(s) after 5 years!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
wow..Hey Caldor, any Burger Kings in your area? You should get pics, new or old. BTW, are there ANY BK's left with the old logo? After 15 years there's still a K-Mart with one, there's gotta be a Burger King with one(s) after 5 years!!

Yes i do have one in moy town it was bult in the 1970s and it still has the old logo it was rentvated in 1997 and they gave it a 1950s look but the out side has teh old logo and the new onme:yup:
Caldor Forever!

truviking05

The BK near me just recently changed its signage to the new type...it too is a "Woodie" style building, and I'm guessing it's from the late 70s-early 80s. I know it's been there at least since 1987 because that'swhen a car wash was built next to it, and in all the newspapers (accessed thanks to my library's microfilm collection lol) the location is described as being "next to Burger King." Plus, it just has a really old look inside--my memories of it from the age of 4 and today are the same...

Jag67

here's a 1975 burger king ad.

amesman

The one on Central Avenue in Albany still has the old logo on the outer sign. There's a pic of it, on the first page.

Jag67

ya i saw it...WOW that is one old sign!! Her's the interior of the 1988 Burger King..still quite modern.

Zayre88

My local Burger King, built in 1994.  It has the most unusual style ever seen!  The owner did not wanted the square brown box and came with that round design.  The entire dining area has window-walls and a high cathedral ceiling.  The play area is located at the right corner in a square addition.  :roll:

Zayre88

Another picture :roll:

Jag67

weird..I'd love to see this one back when it had the old logo!!