Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

Zayre88

Out Burger King has recently been expanded.  The pylon sign did not survived a recent wind storm though...

d_fife

here is the burger king in yonkers ny on cross country shopping center on central park ave

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1141430918&subNum=40214000001

BillyGr

The first shot is the Hudson (Greenport) location on Rt 9 in the corner of the Ames/Shop Rite Plaza.

The second is the Schodack location, which is not attached to, but adjacent ot the Schodack Plaza (former Grand Union) on Rts. 9 & 20 - while not attached you must enter the BK lot from the plaza, not the road.

Ther 3rd shot is the Catskill which sits along Route 9W in front of the Former Ames(Jamesway) and Shop Rite plaza.

Nothing particularly special about any of these.

d_fife

d_fife

BillyGr

The 1st two are photos of the (former) location across from Hudson Valley CC in Troy - it later became a McDonald's.  Why it didn't do well is a mystery being across from a college and all.

The last shot is a location in North Troy on Route 4 - next to a Price Chopper/Eckerd (a very small "plaza" if you will).

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The 1st two are photos of the (former) location across from Hudson Valley CC in Troy - it later became a McDonald's.  Why it didn't do well is a mystery being across from a college and all.

The last shot is a location in North Troy on Route 4 - next to a Price Chopper/Eckerd (a very small "plaza" if you will).

the burger king in durham nh closed about 10 yeras ago and durham is a huge college town.

Zayre88

Two Burger Kings in Quebec City, Canada.

StarSage

Burger King's okay, but if I had a choice I'd rather eat at FatBurger. And no, I'm not a red meat junkie.. I actually prefer their charbroiled turkeyburger. But anywho, when I do have a regular burger I prefer Carl's Junior or Wendy's.

StarSage

Back in the early 90's Burger King introduced a new sandwhich that was only offered for a limited time. It was called the Cheese Trio. I don't know for certain what  cheeses were on it, but I think it was at least Swiss and Cheddar.

At the time I remember thinking this was the best burger I'd ever had.. hey, I was a teenager and at that stage of my life I'd outgrown Nickelodeon and had started to appreciate Nick at Nite.

Cool Ranch Doritos... YUM!

BillyGr

The first shot is the Kingston store on Route 9W - kind of a mix of styles (the wood wall, glass atrium etc.etc.)

2nd is the Western Ave location (just below the Fuller Rd intersection) - it has been redone and appears to be bringing back some of the old (the blue appendage, particularly).  

3rd is the Western Ave location (a bit below Rt 155 intersection).  An older building with the atrium added to it.

4th is the Lenox (MA) location - this one had a fire several months ago and is still closed (but must be getting closer to opening with the hiring sign).  Different dersign (and that was there - the fire was mainly in the back/kitchen areas and about all you saw from the outside was some melted siding).

5th & 6th are the North Adams location (in the plaza with the former Kmart) - unusual for the rather large sign (more like a road sign, which they don't really have) and the lettering over the atrium (another older style).

Last is the Bennington location - another wood wall styled building.

All have drive thrus.

BillyGr

The larger top photo is the location in Oneonta, on Route 23, kind of between the SouthSide mall and the Super WalMart.

The sign is at the location on Route 7 in the main part of Oneonta - I didn't get the building, but the sign is an older style.  There is also what appears to be a 3rd location, at the corner of Routes 7 & 23 in the West End, but it is closed and I didn't get a shot of that one.

The last is the Cobleskill store on Route 7.

amesman

Here's the vacant one in the west end. And, on a side note, it is front of the old Ames location.

amesman

Also, here's the Route 7 location in Oneonta you missed Billy Gr.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

They did that in Brewer, ME:  Closed the old BK and buit a new one down the road.  Here's a pic of the closed and modified BK

Thanks to my new camera, here is a clear shot of that same former Burger King, now Kosta's.

d_fife

here is the burger king in bath new york.

d_fife

here is the burger king in syracuse ny on salina st

d_fife

here is the burger king in liberty new york.

d_fife

here is the burger king in berwick pa.

d_fife

here is the burger king in corning ny. notice the old lettering.

d_fife

here is a closed burger king in a town between cortland and ithaca on rt. 13

d_fife

here is the burger king in liverpool ny

d_fife

here is the sign of the burger king in liverpool ny