Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

hears my BK it was bult in the 70's but was rentvated in 1997
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

yep...definitely a 70's burger king..that's the design they used then

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
A trashy closed BK plus Bradlees picture at http://www.dotnews.com/morrisseyblues.html

How much for the playground? :insane:

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Hey Jag, do you know of the condition of the old BK on Ridge Road in West Seneca?

Just reading this thread now...Mighty Taco is now on the site.  I believe they demolished the BK building and built their own about a year or so ago.

Jag67

Another late woodie

amesman

Thanks for that info, jmn. I haven't been to Buffalo in three years, so I'll need a lot of help on certain subjects..haha

amesman

Guess what I fopund guys? hehe One of the last wooden ceiling Burger Kings, in Clay, New York(a suburb of Syracuse).

First off, here's the remodeled exterior:

amesman

Now, here's the real treat..hehe

Inside:

amesman

And, finally, here's a poster I found in the entrance. They've been hiring for a long time :)

C. Fontaine

So how about those Chicken Fries?  I don't think they realy taste like anything...

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
weird..I'd love to see this one back when it had the old logo!!

Here it is, behind the trees, with the old logo !!:yup:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
So how about those Chicken Fries?  I don't think they realy taste like anything...

they dont  look so good to me but ehh burger king has good chicken so ehhh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

And here's an older one. This was built in the 70's. My uncle worked here in 1980-81 lol:bouncing:

this location closed at the end of july:(

It's now all boarded up

Zayre88

Most of the BK's i've been in have the tan and brown tile...do any of the new ones still have those?

Here's a newer BK with a (eww) SILVER roof. This was built 5 years ago when they demolished the old one on the same site:mad:

They did that in Brewer, ME.  Closed the old BK and buit a new one down the road.  Here's a pic of the closed and modified BK

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
My local Burger King, built in 1994.  It has the most unusual style ever seen!  The owner did not wanted the square brown box and came with that round design.  The entire dining area has window-walls and a high cathedral ceiling.  The play area is located at the right corner in a square addition.  :roll:

They are expanding and they keep the unusual style.  Wal-Mart is opening soon nearby with McDonald's in it....

storehistoryguy

Heres a BK in Denmark.

www.flensburg-online.de/ az/az-fastfood.html

storehistoryguy

A cool Burger King truck with the old logo.

http://www.truckhobby.com/winross.php3

storehistoryguy

Crawford

Do any of the places still have the playground? All the ones that I know removed them and turned them into more seating. Their Hamburgers are delicious but they are going up in price
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Ames#1171

The one by me does.  It was just built about 3 or 4 years ago.  They tore down an old school, and built the new restaurant, and left the old one vacant.  About a year after that Taco Bell tore down the old Burger King to build a new location, and left their old buliding vacant.  And THAT building is now some kind of Carribean restaurant.  

Wow, that was a mouthful!!!:insane:
Ames" border="0

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
Do any of the places still have the playground? All the ones that I know removed them and turned them into more seating. Their Hamburgers are delicious but they are going up in price

Plenty. The only ones I can think of that don't are the ones in malls. My favorite Burger King is the one in Willow Grove Pa. Its on this nice corner and it has a little playground. It opened in the early-mid 70's. It hasn't been remodeled to much since then. Still older fashioned there. The playground was rebuilt around the early 90's though. I wish I had a picture of it.

d_fife

the building near the one way street sign is a vacant Burger king and it closed recently. That burger king was on ST. John st in Portland maine.

d_fife

this burger king is in augusta near the shaw's on western ave.

d_fife

this  burger king is in downtown waterville maine on main st

d_fife

this burger king is on Rt. 495 near exit 100 on a rest stop near the gardiner maine area

d_fife

here is this for the burger king in the brass mill mall in waterbury

from www.frostelf.com/ mayhem/signs/index.htm