Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Simply amazing. On occasion I like to go to my local BK in Southington, Connecticut and get a Strawberry-Banana Smoothie. It's located a major thorough-fare and not to far from I-84 and it's just under $4 for a large Strawberry-Banana Smoothie. Wednesday I went to the BK on the corner of Route 6 and North Main Street in Bristol and ordered the same large Strawberry-Banana Smoothie and it was just under $3!!!!

buzz86us

I wonder if Burger King is doing alright so far empty Burger Kings are becoming more and more a common site instead of refurbishing the Burger King in Johnstown NY they oddly just moved to a different site near the new walmart.

zonemad96

Quote from: Marc B on March 07, 2014, 02:02:04 PM
Simply amazing. On occasion I like to go to my local BK in Southington, Connecticut and get a Strawberry-Banana Smoothie. It's located a major thorough-fare and not to far from I-84 and it's just under $4 for a large Strawberry-Banana Smoothie. Wednesday I went to the BK on the corner of Route 6 and North Main Street in Bristol and ordered the same large Strawberry-Banana Smoothie and it was just under $3!!!!

I went to a burger king location about 40 mins from my house and noticed they were selling regular hamburgers for 60 cents more than my local location... Needless to say I didn't buy anything.

Stork of The Weak

I just found out a woman was born and abandoned in the restroom of a Burger King in Allentown PA way back in 1986. What an awful way to start a life. Sort of ironically, Lehigh County property records show the Burger King having been built in 1968-1969, and a woman suspected of the crime was reported to leave the restaurant in a beat up car from the early 70's, just a little bit newer.

TheFugitive

In the movie Dogma, filmed here in Pittsburgh, the Mooby's burger joint they visit
was actually a closed Burger King restaurant on Banksville Road.

It was later demolished and a Rite Aid now stands on that spot.

Prior to filming the Burger King was repainted in bright shades of purple, and
a big cartoon cow statue was placed out front.   Banksville Road traffic slowed to a crawl
as people tried to figure out just what in the heck kind of burger chain was going in there.

Stork of The Weak

Also in the Pittsburgh area, the childhood home of Christina Aguilera was demolished for an Eckerd, which to my knowledge now is a Rite Aid. As Eckerd it can be seen in this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Eckerd_Rite_Aid.jpg

TheFugitive

Her childhood home would have been in the North Pittsburgh suburb of Wexford.

Stork of The Weak

Burger King ran a commercial in 1986 that must have been filmed somewhere in NYC, and both a Macy's and Abraham & Straus (which was bought by Macy's about 10 years later) can be seen in the ad. The Macy's logo was the same then but the sign is very hard to see in the commercial. Also only the word "Abraham" is readable on the Abraham & Straus store, which I'm sure was chosen on purpose.

And on another topic, I wonder if the Burger King in Evesham, NJ (also in the NYC area) will be closing soon. In recent years both the Super Fresh (former A&P) and Sears Essentials (former Kmart) closed in the shopping center it sits in front of, and since then ALL of several tiny stores in the center have closed one by one.

MikeRa

Here is a pic of a unique Burger King in la Plata, MD:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Pikapower

Quote from: MikeRa on May 17, 2014, 02:30:10 PM
Here is a pic of a unique Burger King in la Plata, MD:

Wow, that is the most fanciest Burger King I ever seen!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

ynkeesfn82

Burger King is receiving huge back-lash over their "Gay Pride" Whopper. It's a regular Whopper and it's wrapped in a gay pride wrapper. Reportedly they've received 1000s of angry phone calls at their corporate headquarters in Miami and calls to boycotts by numerous Christian/religious groups. Several of these Christian/religious groups are also planning on filing lawsuits against the burger chain.

Pikapower

Burger has scrapped their kids club, so i'm wondering if they had stopped putting toys in their kiddie meals since the BK Crown Club is over with!  ???

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Pikapower on July 02, 2014, 07:33:18 PM
Burger has scrapped their kids club, so i'm wondering if they had stopped putting toys in their kiddie meals since the BK Crown Club is over with!  ???
Yes and no.

http://www.bk.com/bkcrown/
The Burger King Crown Program has been discontinued, but the kids meals remain. They still put toys in their kids meals, last time I checked, but they are quietly advertising them. The last time I visited BK, they had Tom & Jerry toys in their kids' meals.

Pikapower

Quote from: TheFugitive on February 10, 2014, 03:36:51 PM
This is weird....

This story is all over the news about a FAKE Burger King here in Pittsburgh.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/fake-burger-king-leaves-customers-asking-questions-200136786.html;_ylt=AwrBEiQPN_lSfzgAUszQtDMD

They were serving generic food in plain wrappers, but still had the Burger King signs up.
At least until a reporter from a local TV station came around asking questions.  A nasty and
scary looking man threw her off the property.  And the signs have since come down.

Obviously a dispute between the franchise holder and Burger King corporate.
BK is saying they are trying to put a new franchise in this location, while the owner
claims he is trying to rebrand under a different name.

I saw this story and all I could think of was the knock-off McDowell's restaurant that
was run by John Amos in Coming to America.

That bogus Burger King in Pittsburgh, PA is now a real Burger King once again under new management.

TheFugitive

BK is in talks to buy Tim Horton's.   If they do the plan is to move the HQ to Canada.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/burger-king-in-talks-to-buy-tim-hortons-1408924294

This is another tax inversion deal to re-incorporate in another country to take advantage
of their lower corporate tax rates.   Walgreens nearly completed such a deal until the
Obama Administration called them out publicly over it.

Ironically Tim Horton's is in all important ways a Canadian company.
Founded by a Hall-of-Fame Canadian hockey player who spent 21 seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
They are a national institution north of the border.  Only became Americanized when Wendy's bought
them in their pre-bankruptcy phase.

ynkeesfn82

Burger King announced on their Facebook Page that they ARE NOT moving to Canada.

TheFugitive

They can incorporate in Canada without having to physically move to Canada.
Mylan Labs here in Pittsburgh recently did the same thing.  All of the offices and
employees remained the same, but the company is now technically headquartered
in the Netherlands.

Hudsons81

It's official. Burger King has purchased Tim Horton's a few days ago and will move their corporate headquarters to suburban Toronto, though the BK division itself will stay in Miami.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Hudsons81 on September 04, 2014, 02:44:39 PM
It's official. Burger King has purchased Tim Horton's a few days ago and will move their corporate headquarters to suburban Toronto, though the BK division itself will stay in Miami.

Yep.  It's a paper move.  Moving to Canada without moving to Canada.

BK began to pound my mailbox with coupons a couple of months ago.
This appears to have spurred McDonalds, for the first time in a very long while, to begin
mailing out coupons as well.

Hudsons81

A former Burger King at 4141 Cass Avenue in Detroit, Michigan, as it appeared in 1976. Opened in 1972, torn down for parking lot by 1997.

BillyGr

Just as an FYI, the location on Central Ave in Albany (just above 155) has closed.  The entire property (including the former Kmart and attached store that was originally a Price Chopper) is being redeveloped as some sort of used car superstore.

Hudsons81

In the background of this photo I took today is the Burger King on Eureka Road just east of Dix-Toledo Highway in Southgate, Michigan, in it's own building in a CVS-anchored strip mall almost directly across Dix-Toledo from Walmart. It may have opened in the 1990's. It was undergoing the early stages of a remodeling project (the road sign said "drive-thru open while we're remodeling" or something like that) that when completed will likely make it similar to the Southington BK near the top of the previous page. With that project, a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine may be added.

buzz86us

I am going to check out the newly refurbished burger king today hoping it has a coke freestyle machine!!!

ynkeesfn82

They're remodeling the one at 1033 Farmington Avenue in Bristol, Connecticut inside and outside. I wonder if it's going to look like the one in Shoprite Plaza in Southington when it's done. They should do the other one in Bristol, but heaven forbid they would fix something in the rundown area of Bristol.

ynkeesfn82

What's the deal with Burger King selling something called a Yumbo Sandwich? According to their Facebook Page (and BK.COM) it's a Hot & Ham & Cheese Sandwich that originally came out in September 1974. If I was going to get a Ham & Cheese Sandwich from a fast food restaurant - it certainly wouldn't be from BK.

Bdubs

Now I very, very rarely eat fast food. But yesterday, I was in a pinch and snagged a cheeseburger from BK. I saw that on the menu, and saw the name first and then what it was. Yeah, I wasn't even close to interested.
If this is an attempt at a comeback like McRib, I would be surprised if there is as much fan fare for the Yumbo as there was for McRib.

TheFugitive

I was alive in the 70's.  I ate a LOT of fast food in the 70's.
And I've gotta admit.....I don't even remember the Yumbo.
Nor have I heard anyone fondly reminiscing about it since that time.

Hudsons81

They're even airing ads for it, even featuring a recreation of an interior of a 1970's Burger King.

I'm surprised that commercial isn't airing on Me TV, considering that many of the people who were around in September 1974 probably also watched many of Me TV's current shows during primetime in that same timeframe.

I'm also surprised Me TV isn't airing any Kmart ads, but yet they are airing ads for Walmart's $1 pharmacy premium plan for health insurance customers, but wasn't Kmart more prominent back then too? Plus, only two retailers operated supercenters in the 1970's: Meijer and Fred Meyer (and they still do today despite Wally World's ever-increasing presence in their territories).

retailisking

BK seems to be throwing every conceivable thing against the wall in an attempt to get it to stick. By contrast, McDonald's sticks to its strategy of modularity, building new products out of parts that are already in-house (Triple Cheeseburger, anyone?)