Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on June 13, 2012, 07:49:51 PM
Bacon sundae? Really!?

They ripped off Denny's with that one.

ynkeesfn82

They're remodeling the inside and outside of the one in Southington, CT on Queen Street.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Zayre88 on February 05, 2012, 09:18:06 AM
For me, the best onion ring from a fast food chain (with an actual onion inside) would be from Harvey's, a canadian chain.  Not too thick, crispy and tasty.  http://www.harveys.ca/eng/sides.php

I'm sure that if Harvey's were to expand into the US, they would possibly do it under a different name, just so people don't confuse it with Hardee's, just like when Burger King expanded into Australia and had to change their name to Hungry Jack's because the Burger King trademark in Australia was already taken by a fish & chips takeout shop. If Harvey's were to expand to the US, I wonder what name they could use? Zed's Burgers? Canuck's?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on June 13, 2012, 09:41:06 PM
They're remodeling the inside and outside of the one in Southington, CT on Queen Street.

Update. They're temporarily drive-thru only and are adding onto the side and front of the building.

ynkeesfn82

They're not quite finished with the Southington remodel yet, but the dinning room reopened last Saturday. I'll post pics when they're 100% finished.

nysw3636

New Paltz, NY location has reopened after remodel...

CTAmeshopper

The Burger King on Winsted Road is still empty. It's vestige of the old Torrington Parkade, so is the old cell phone store and the empty Center Subaru. I wish something would take the Burger King building it's so depressing seeing it empty. :(

JimSawhill

Quote from: CTAmeshopper on July 28, 2012, 10:10:24 AM

The Burger King on Winsted Road is still empty. It's vestige of the old Torrington Parkade, so is the old cell phone store and the empty Center Subaru. I wish something would take the Burger King building it's so depressing seeing it empty. :(

What happened to Center Subaru? What is in the Parkade??

ynkeesfn82

Here is a side-view of the remodeled Southington, Connecticut Burger King located at 800 Queen Street in the Shoprite Plaza. This is the side of the restaurant that faces the parking lot from Shoprite Plaza. I wasn't able to get a front shot.

CTAmeshopper

Quote from: JimSawhill on July 28, 2012, 02:44:07 PM
Quote from: CTAmeshopper on July 28, 2012, 10:10:24 AM

What happened to Center Subaru? What is in the Parkade??

Center Subaru moved from their old Sears Auto Center location to a brand new location that previously hosted a used car dealership, a Citgo Station and a garage. All that was torn down to make room for the Subaru dealership. The Torrington Parkade was the previous plaza that existed all the way from 1960's to 2008 it housed an Ames, a Jo Ann Fabrics, Radioshack, a Dollar Tree, a coin laundromat,a few other shops,a Center Subaru,a Burger King, and a Big Y. What's there now is a new Big Y,Radioshack, a wine place, a Cost Cutters, and a Lowes Home Improvement. I think that explains everything. 

The Burger King in downtown Kingston Falls, New York.
(Kingston Falls is the fictional town in the horror/comedy film "Gremlins")

Classic '50s Burger King locations

Burger King #1, 3090 NW 36th Street in Miami, Florida This former "Home of the WHOPPER"...is now a used car dealership.
(the tan building on the right used to be the first Burger King restaurant)

Burger King #137,  670 Adams Street in Quincy, Massachusetts is a repainted example of the original 1950s building design (sans the red "handlebar" arches) for Burger King.
Wide view:

Close-up:

Burger King #188, 506 S Washington Street, in Naperville, Illinois is a well preserved example of the original building design for Burger King.

An earlier photo of this location (sans the red "handlebar" arches):

(seems like they were repairing or replacing the arches when this photo was taken in the 1980s)

Burger King just brought back the Big King which was introduced in 1997. This time, it's a proper Big Mac clone with middle bun, and not just another double burger. I had one for dinner last night.

The original Big King

The new Big King

buzz86us

Whats going on with Burger King in Albany? They seem to be disappearing one by one.. first the one on wolf road goes out now they are saying the one by Kmart might be torn down to become a CarMax along with the Kmart etc soon there is only going to be one in Albany..

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on December 28, 2013, 06:01:54 PM
Whats going on with Burger King in Albany? They seem to be disappearing one by one.. first the one on wolf road goes out now they are saying the one by Kmart might be torn down to become a CarMax along with the Kmart etc soon there is only going to be one in Albany..

Yes, they have been disappearing slowly over quite a bit now.

You also had the one on Central just below the I-90 bridge, one over in Rens. Cty (Schodack) as well as one by Hudson Valley CC (which became a McDonalds before it's current bank/credit union usage), one up Rt 5 not far over the Schnectady line (by the intersection of 5 & 7), and probably others I'm not thinking of.

At least a couple of those (the Central and Schenectady, maybe Wolf Rd too?) were owned by a smaller franchisee (Midon Corp.) and they may have just closed due to franchisee issues.  Schodack was a Carrols store (after it's closing and reopening in the 1990's), so not sure why that one went out.

The only couple left I can think of are the one on Central (actually within city limits) and the ones at Fuller & Western and further up Western in Guilderland (before 155).
Plus East Greenbush on 9&20 and Brunswick (Troy) out on Rt 7 by Walmart.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on January 05, 2014, 10:28:46 AM
Delivery has begun at Burger King in Western Mass.

http://www.wggb.com/2013/12/13/burger-king-delivery-begins-in-western-massachusetts/

OK - Did WGGB forget to hire a proofreader?  They have a Burker King, a burger king and finally a Burger King in this story.  Not to mention sandwhiches :)

Also - did the state of Massachusetts forget that it has a bit more territory to cover?  After all, if this (Chicopee) is Western MA, where are Pittsfield, Lee, Great Barrington etc.?  Far Western MA? Far Eastern NY? ;) ;)

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: BillyGr on January 05, 2014, 08:07:46 PM
OK - Did WGGB forget to hire a proofreader?  They have a Burker King, a burger king and finally a Burger King in this story.  Not to mention sandwhiches :)

Also - did the state of Massachusetts forget that it has a bit more territory to cover?  After all, if this (Chicopee) is Western MA, where are Pittsfield, Lee, Great Barrington etc.?  Far Western MA? Far Eastern NY? ;) ;)

Yeah I noticed all the proofreading errors myself. ABC 40 (WGGB) is a locally owned station and not owned by a major corporation. Not that that should be an excuse, but that probably could be it. This is the same station that a couple years ago they decided to blow-up their Morning Newscast and replace it with an entertainment type news program hosted by Dan and Kim after Clear Channel Radio laid them off from MIX 93.1 after major budget cuts only to cancel that less than 6 months later and going back to serious hard news in the morning after suffering from major ratings loss to 22 News WWLP. (There are only 3 stations in Springfield - WWLP/NBC, WGGB/ABC, and WSHM/CBS and only 2 of them run morning newscasts). But I digress.

My guess is that perhaps this BK Franchise owner owns just that one restaurant in Chicopee or it's the only one he owns that's doing the delivery service.

JimSawhill

The old style Burger Kings are being replaced. I hate the new style Burger Kings... it looks like a McDonald's. Different Paint jobs..

TheFugitive

The other day when it was -4 F the Burger King near me was advertising
fifty cent ice-cream cones on its marquee.   ::)

Pikapower

Quote from: TheFugitive on January 31, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

Who would want ice cream in -4 degrees weather!?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Pikapower on February 01, 2014, 08:05:51 AM

I eat ice cream no matter what the weather.

Fat-boy Problems.  :P

BillyGr

Quote from: Pikapower on February 01, 2014, 08:05:51 AM
Quote from: TheFugitive on January 31, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

And the local (to NY) Stewart's chain had one of their few times a year ice cream sales about 2 weeks back.

TheFugitive

This is weird....

This story is all over the news about a FAKE Burger King here in Pittsburgh.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/fake-burger-king-leaves-customers-asking-questions-200136786.html;_ylt=AwrBEiQPN_lSfzgAUszQtDMD

They were serving generic food in plain wrappers, but still had the Burger King signs up.
At least until a reporter from a local TV station came around asking questions.  A nasty and
scary looking man threw her off the property.  And the signs have since come down.

Obviously a dispute between the franchise holder and Burger King corporate.
BK is saying they are trying to put a new franchise in this location, while the owner
claims he is trying to rebrand under a different name.

I saw this story and all I could think of was the knock-off McDowell's restaurant that
was run by John Amos in Coming to America.

Pikapower

Quote from: TheFugitive on February 10, 2014, 03:36:51 PM
This is weird....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/fake-burger-king-leaves-customers-asking-questions-200136786.html;_ylt=AwrBEiQPN_lSfzgAUszQtDMD

They were serving generic food in plain wrappers, but still had the Burger King signs up.
At least until a reporter from a local TV station came around asking questions.  A nasty and
scary looking man threw her off the property.  And the signs have since come down.

BK is saying they are trying to put a new franchise in this location, while the owner

How dare the owner of that Burger King restaurant keep all of the Burger King signage and menus and not serve real Burger King food and put it in generic packing, WTF!?

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

bubcolbert1952

I wonder just how many (if all) Jamesway stores had "BK Expressway" restaurants by Burger King inside. Some former Jamesway stores such as the one in Blakeslee PA have become flea markets which have kept all the Jamesway elements inside. It would be interesting how they would have repurposed the former Burger King spaces.

Pikapower

Quote from: bubcolbert1952 on February 10, 2014, 06:34:02 PM
I wonder just how many (if all) Jamesway stores had "BK Expressway" restaurants by Burger King inside. Some former Jamesway stores such as the one in Blakeslee PA have become flea markets which have kept all the Jamesway elements inside. It would be interesting how they would have repurposed the former Burger King spaces.

They probably use the former Burger King spaces as a snack bar or some other mom and pop fast food joint!

BillyGr

This is weird....

I saw this story and all I could think of was the knock-off McDowell's restaurant that

OR maybe a Dumb Starbucks?  Maybe there is some kind of unknown contest going on?

zonemad96

This is weird....

That's pretty scary that they are willing to mislead their customers like that it makes you wonder about what else their willing to lie about.