McDonald's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

I was just in the West Mifflin, PA Super Walmart and noticed that the
McDonalds store near the front exit has been removed.

In it's place is some sort of green organic café.  The prior store lived in a little
cubby hole at the front.  It had a limited menu.  They were also in the prior
Walmart store that stood down the hill, where there is now a Sam's Club.

There are 2 stand-alone McDonalds stores within a half mile of this Walmart.

deerwrecker2017

Quote from: TheFugitive on August 29, 2019, 09:52:54 AM
I was just in the West Mifflin, PA Super Walmart and noticed that the
McDonalds store near the front exit has been removed.

In it's place is some sort of green organic café.  The prior store lived in a little
cubby hole at the front.  It had a limited menu.  They were also in the prior
Walmart store that stood down the hill, where there is now a Sam's Club.

There are 2 stand-alone McDonalds stores within a half mile of this Walmart.

Actually the McDonald's was removed from that Walmart location some time last year. Personally I think that McDonald's decided that the stand-alone locations nearby were better for them in the long term since they own the properties those locations sit on.

Everything Community

Along Thomaston Ave. in nearby downtown Waterbury, CT.

Advertising " BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED" on the surviving late 60's Golden Arches sign. Remains slightly lower on the list for the impending "Experience Of The Future" remodel come 2020.

TheFugitive

McDonalds' CEO has stepped down after admitting to having an inappropriate
relationship with an employee.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-fired-ceo-stever-easterbrook-over-employee-relationship-2019-11

TheFugitive

Had to go to the Post Office this morning.  It did not open till 8:30.
I had some time to kill so I went to the McDonalds up the street to hang out
and have some breakfast and some coffee.

I am in my mid-50's.  I was the youngest person in the place by at least 25 years.

Attempts to reach a younger demographic appear to be failing.

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on November 26, 2019, 10:41:46 AM
Had to go to the Post Office this morning.  It did not open till 8:30.
I had some time to kill so I went to the McDonalds up the street to hang out
and have some breakfast and some coffee.

I am in my mid-50's.  I was the youngest person in the place by at least 25 years.

Attempts to reach a younger demographic appear to be failing.

Might just be the time you were there, since kids would likely be in school or headed there by that time, and many others would be on their way to work and if anything only stopping to grab something, often via a drive thru and not going inside.

In fact locally, that seems to apply even in busier times - it is often faster to order by going in than to wait in the drive thru line.

Here you often see quite a few teenagers in there after school hours (probably since the restaurant is almost across the street from the school campus, so it's an easy spot to grab something between classes and after school activities, though the Dunkin Donuts next door gets a fair amount as well).

TheFugitive

McDonalds is rolling out 2 new sizes of Big Mac.

https://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-double-big-little-mac-burger-new-menu-items-1491494

In addition to the traditional Big Mac they are adding a Mini Mac with just one patty,
and a Double Big Mac that has four.

Everything Community

The Mickey D's in Rockville, CT (nearby my house) is getting renovated. Opened in fall 2004 to replace the older McDonald's nearby in town.

The Rockville McDonald's will be entirely CLOSED starting Sunday, through Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This will give them time to install a 2-way drive thru. When the new drive thru is installed, it will be a new system for those employees that they will have to go through and two lanes definitely create more pressure than 1, so it may start off a little slow as the employees adjust to the change.
The lobby at Rockville McDonald's is also going to be closed entirely for the installation of the Kiosks. Their lobby isn't expected to reopen until sometime in April. Deming Street and especially the Vernon location is definitely probably going to feel the affects of Rockville store closing for four days, it is also one of the busiest stores, if not the busiest.
So for those who regularly go to Rockville, this is a heads up for you, they will not be open starting this weekend starting Sunday until Wednesday.

Everything Community

Quote from: Everything Community on March 25, 2022, 10:53:14 PMThe Mickey D's in Rockville, CT (nearby my house) is getting renovated. Opened in fall 2004 to replace the older McDonald's nearby in town.

The Rockville McDonald's will be entirely CLOSED starting Sunday, through Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This will give them time to install a 2-way drive thru. When the new drive thru is installed, it will be a new system for those employees that they will have to go through and two lanes definitely create more pressure than 1, so it may start off a little slow as the employees adjust to the change.
The lobby at Rockville McDonald's is also going to be closed entirely for the installation of the Kiosks. Their lobby isn't expected to reopen until sometime in April. Deming Street and especially the Vernon location is definitely probably going to feel the affects of Rockville store closing for four days, it is also one of the busiest stores, if not the busiest.
So for those who regularly go to Rockville, this is a heads up for you, they will not be open starting this weekend starting Sunday until Wednesday.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

The progress of Mickey D's renovation in Rockville CT as of April 21.

Everything Community

As it stands now, they completed the renovations that was long overdue for that one particular location. That process didn't take too long. It is now fully reopened. The interior is also new as well. It is now fully McBoxed!You cannot see attachments on this board.

Retail Regents

As of this year, the Troy-Schenectady (Latham) and Central Ave. (Albany) locations are still bearing their classic appearance.

EddieJ1984

The McDonald's in Bristol, PA along Rt-13/Bristol Pike finally got renovated. The only one's I know of that still look classic is Edgewater Park, NJ along 130 and Trenton, NJ on Cass St.

TheFugitive

The last McDonalds in Downtown Pittsburgh is slated to close next month.

https://triblive.com/business/mcdonalds-in-downtown-pittsburgh-to-vacate/

The franchise holder has opted to not renew the lease.  The number of office workers commuting to Downtown has plummeted post-COVID as many continue to work from home or on hybrid schedules.  Plus this location cannot have a drive-thru which anymore accounts for much of a fast-food restaurant's sales (the original Wendy's location in Columbus closed a couple of years ago for that reason).

Back in the 70's KDKA radio talk show host Roy Fox got married at this McDonalds in a wedding ceremony which was broadcast live on his show.  When I last worked Downtown in 1999 there were three McDonald's locations open.  The other two have closed primarily due to drug and crime issues.  The one on Smithfield Street had been operating more or less as an open drug market with ongoing police incidents.