Major Theme Parks/Amusement Parks

Started by Jag67, August 02, 2005, 08:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

C. Fontaine

I used to go to this place called Rocky Point when I was a kid, now their defunct and abandoned.  Here's a link to a cool guy's fan site...  http://www.joenisil.com/

Caldor1999

we dont have much around hear theres a park up in lake gorge

theres also Playland witch is near me but it sucks not to mention someone just died there going on a ride so i stay far far far away from there

there was also a watter park in fishkill NY called splash down but they closed that i think to
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XDeSuEhTX

There are so many interesting older topics on here.

I've been to:

Paramounts Carowinds (now just Carowinds, Cedar Fair owns it)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Dollywood
Six Flags Ohio (closed and deconstructed last year after Cedar Fair purchased it)
Cedar Point

I plan on going to Kings Island in the future. Maybe this summer.

I used to be quite the roller-coaster enthusiast. My favorite that I've ridden was Millenium Force.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

wwefan101

:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:they wanted to put a big one in douglas ma at the webseter town line   but that never happend it was going to be the next disneyland but smaller and they were going to put a hotle in and  park and ride in my town for it man that whould have been fun  to work for it whould have baught  more traffice and commicale to this area wich means more jobs and traffic but it whould have been worth it:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:

Marc82

The last time I was at 6 Flags New England in Agawam it was still Called Riverside. I worked weekends as a dishwasher at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT for about a month when I was 17 before I was fired for horseplay. Someone who wasn't minding their own business reported me and the other kid who was horse playing. When I went back to school for my senior year everyone said I was fired for pushing the kid underneath the ride causing him to get killed.  *Sigh* That incident happened long after I got fired. Years ago I went to The Great Escape in Lake George, New York. (Before 6 Flags ran it).  I haven't been to amusement parks in a long time. Besides. I'm probably too fat to ride any of the rides.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

In my area (Green Bay, Wisconsin), we have a small amusement park known as Bay Beach.

We have many theme parks and water parks located nearby:

In Wisconsin:
Noah's Ark Water Park ("America's Largest Water Park") in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Mount Olympus Theme Park in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Other indoor/outdoor water parks are located nearby in Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton, WI.

In Minnesota:
Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park inside the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN
Valleyfair! in Shakopee, MN

In Illinois:
Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Gurnee, IL

videogamer75

I've never really went to a HUGE amusement park. The biggest I've been to is Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ. I hope to someday go to Six Flags Great Adventure! :bigsmile:

kendra

I've been to a few, but Busch Gardens Tampa is by far my favorite. I've not been there in almost ten years, which is a shame.

C3Nostalgia

In West Mifflin, PA, we have Kennywood Park.  Once known as the Roller Coaster Capital of the World.  Then a little down the road in Homestead, PA, there is Sandcastle Water Park, and in Ligonier, PA, there is Idlewild and Soak Zone.

I have been to these three and DelGrosso Amusement Park in Tipton, PA.  It is a small park, but very fun.  

XDeSuEhTX

QuoteOriginally posted by C3Nostalgia
In West Mifflin, PA, we have Kennywood Park.  Once known as the Roller Coaster Capital of the World.  Then a little down the road in Homestead, PA, there is Sandcastle Water Park, and in Ligonier, PA, there is Idlewild and Soak Zone.

I have been to these three and DelGrosso Amusement Park in Tipton, PA.  It is a small park, but very fun.  

I've always wanted to visit Kennywood. Mostly for Phantom's Revenge. But I've also always wanted to go to Hershey Park in PA as well.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

XDeSuEhTX

A great coaster-database site I've been using forever is rcdb.com - Great information, pics, coaster specs and that sort of thing there on pretty much any park.

AmesNewington

I LOVE Lake Compunce in Bristol CT. I try to get there at least once a year, although I didn't go at all last year, and I did go about four times in 2007. I really am not a fan of rides, but I just love to walk around and look at everything (and eat of course). I do like the train ride they have that takes you from one part of the park to the other. I also like the boat and trolly. I'm no fun I guess, but I have such an unbearably week stomach. I just don't want to take that chance. Even the long road leading up to the parking lot feels like a rollercoaster. Nevertheless, it was a fun experience.

As for Six Flags in Agawam, MA; it is too expensive. You really have to love rides if you go there. It's even expensive to park. I only went there with my family once back in July, 2006 because my sister wanted to go. I actually enjoyed the ride in the car back and forth more than the park itself. It was SO expensive to eat that we stopped at the Hometown Buffet in Wethersfield on the way home.

Pikapower

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia