Jamesway cart

Started by Caldor1999, July 31, 2005, 10:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

they were a grey withe the jamesway logo on them i have pictires i just gotta find them heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

I remember them. The last time I saw one was about three years ago, I saw one in the back of a former Jamesway which was a Redner's at the time.

store215

There was a green Jamesway cart floating around the Redner's center as late as the beginning of this year.

Sometimes, you can find the gray ones around the Center Point Place center too because i Goldberg was using them and left a few behind.

Caldor1999

if u look close u can see the carts in the back round i wonder what ever hapend to this jamesway
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears the full picture of the store dose anyone know it status now????
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Well, here it is, an original Jamesway basket !  Thanks to Marden's again for keeping old carts alive.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Well, here it is, an original Jamesway basket !  Thanks to Marden's again for keeping old carts alive.

nice find i went a store thats kida simaler to marden's they were reuseing old braldees caldor and ames carts there was also some service merchandise carts too
Caldor Forever!

DutchessMallMan

Hey Everyone! I have great news! A few days ago I went to the site of the former Dutchess Mall (RIP) and decided to take several pictures of the mall and its demolition. As I was doing so, I though I saw some good old mall artifacts, and thought hey I should look around and go where I can to get some old suvineers. Well, it was a Sunday, and there was no crew present. The mall was half distmantled. I did one last drive by, and was pulling near the old Service Merchandise to take one last photo, and pulled up to a shopping cart. This cart was just sitting in the middle of the parking lot, near a highway cone. It looked as if the construction workers as they were destroying the mall, pushed it there to be out of the way, and maybe someone woud take it. Well, I quickly jumped out of my car, and ran to the cart to discover, it was a dark green Jamesway cart. Hey, ya never know I may have used this cart when the store was open. The cart looks like a early 1980's edition, before Jamesway remodeled their corperate image in the early 1990's to slate gray carts etc. I took many pictures of the cart and went home. I thought to myself, the cart has been just abandoned there why not just take it if its gunna be trown out of used as a garbage cart anyways. Well, that afternoon, I went an retrived the cart and it now sits safe and sound in my friends garage nearby. I think I may keep it or possibly sell it on e-bay. Here are the few initial pics of the cart, I will post some more soon as I take the cart home in my garage. I have more Dutchess Mall cart info. to come, see yas soon. Adios!:):bounce::bouncing::insane::rolleyes:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by DutchessMallMan

i hears that old service merhcnadise smells really bad lol
Caldor Forever!

amesman

same Jamesway cart at Dutchess Mall as I had found it last spring.

amesman

old Jamesway cart outside of the Oswego Road Salvation Army in Liverpool, NY.

shakethis1234

that cart traveled preaty far closest one was Fulton and oswego Ny

DutchessMallMan

Hey Everyone,

As you all know, about a year ago I found this vintage and valuable Jamesway shopping cart at the former duthcess mall property. I remodeled it somewhat, and started fixing the weels,etc.  I as of recently need to get rid of it, do to lack of storage. If anyone is interested in it free of charge please feel free to respond, and we can set up arraingements to give it to you. Thanks ,