Bradlees Carriage

Started by storehistoryguy, July 31, 2005, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
there former caldor carts

I agree, the Concord NH Bradlees had both original red Bradlees carts and "rebadged" Caldor charcoal carts.  

jmcnamara96

I was at my Public Libary when in the front hall way was a mint red cart and at a food pantry i went to they had about 10 caldor tuned bradlees carts

Bdubs

Spotted in Middletown Stop & Shop. The deli dept uses it as a trash cart. The rubber on all 4 tires has worn to the plastics. There used to be a Bradlees next door, like most older Stop & Shops.

Bdubs

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on December 09, 2014, 09:59:17 AM
Quote from: Bdubs on December 09, 2014, 08:53:23 AM
Spotted in Middletown Stop & Shop. The deli dept uses it as a trash cart. The rubber on all 4 tires has worn to the plastics. There used to be a Bradlees next door, like most older Stop & Shops.
Middletown, CT?

Yeah, Middletown, CT. Sorry.

buzz86us

I saw a Bradlees cart just chilling by the BusPlus station I suspect it is from the Ocean State Job lot down the road i'll put up pics soon

Chuck E. Cheese

A Local Apartment Building has a Bradlees and a Grand Union Cart for Patrons to Use with Logos Intact. I'll post a Photo once I Go Back there.

Whoser

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on October 13, 2010, 04:32:37 PM
Yeah I was in Bristol the other day (At The Discount Food Outlet) and I saw TWO Bradlees Carts In the Back. It seems Bristol is Bradlees City. Go Figure

I tried looking around in Bristol the other day to see if I could spot any, sadly not.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Whoser on August 05, 2015, 03:48:55 PM
I tried looking around in Bristol the other day to see if I could spot any, sadly not.

I was at Stop & Shop Plaza on Farmington Ave today and in an empty store next to Dollar Tree they had a crap load of shopping carts. All currently operating however. There were a bunch of Price Chopper Carts, a few from Walmart Neighborhood Market, and a couple from Shoprite.

Whoser

Where would be the best places to look for one of these relics?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Whoser on August 05, 2015, 10:20:17 PM
Where would be the best places to look for one of these relics?

These old carriages can show up anywhere, but sometimes you wonder where it's been. I mean I posted somewhere on this forum that in 2010 or 2011 I found a Waldbaum's cart outside of the Big Lots in Bristol, CT. The Big Lots was a Waldbaum's Foodmart until '98 or '99 and Big Lots opened in '03 or '04.

In the early 90s I think Bradlees was using plastic red ones. I think that's what the guy had when he filled it with garbage and lit it on fire damaging the Bristol Bradlees. I forgot when that was. I was in second or third grade I think.

Caldor at one time had Brown Plastic ones and the Job Lot at the now-demolished Bristol Centre Mall took them over.

The Job Lot in Southington bought the teal ones from AMES after they closed.

Now both Southington and Bristol Job Lots have Grey plastic ones from Walmart.

I don't remember which store it was from, but one of the contractor's who worked on building the Bristol Hobby Lobby had an old shopping cart.

The Namco in Southington was using old rusted Foodmart Carts. Namco took over part of the old Super Foodmart. I don't think they use them anymore.

Whoser

Quote from: Bdubs on December 09, 2014, 08:53:23 AM

That Stop & Shop uses Ace Hardware carts for trash now, but keep a few Bradlees Carts in back for cardboard. Found that out today, Saw the Ace Carts and asked of the Bradlees cart. Was told about that, so I asked if I could see it and snap a photo of it. Unfortunately they didn't have time to go find it. But its probably the weirdest request they've gotten. Remind me not to return to this location again (Or at least that store's deli) for a couple years. Totally embarrassed! lol.

Any additional good places I should look for or find lone Bradlees Carts?

Chuck E. Cheese

I Think they use a matter of what carts they could get. I Think it would be weirder if a Kid asked. :3